Author Topic: Kalgoorlie servicing  (Read 361 times)

Offline AllanK

• Swag User
Kalgoorlie servicing
« on: August 18, 2021, 07:38:03 PM »
Hi all,
On the road at the moment and looking at getting to Kalgoorlie at the end of next week. Wanting to get my dual cab 79 serviced and our TVAN bearings checked. Not necessarily at the same place. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Cheers
Allan

Offline iggy3860

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Kalgoorlie servicing
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 04:24:24 PM »
G'day Allan
Was in Kalgoorlie in 2017 [or was it 2018  ???] & needed an oil change & some other minor servicing. Went to Supercheap Auto in Boulder Road to get the necessaries & asked about a mechanic that could do the work. They suggested a mob about 4 doors down, up a short lane to the back [145 Boulder Road if memory & google maps are correct.]

Dropped in unannounced & asked if they could do it. The boss had 2 young mechanics that 'needed to keep occupied' so they did the work. The payment was a cold slab of Corona Light...well worth the expense as they put my truck on the hoist, changed the oil & oil filter, removed & cleaned the K&N air filter, replaced the air filter with my spare & for good measure, washed my truck as well. They were quite surprised that my truck did not have Desert red canvas but olive green  ;D
Cheers
Ian
Iggy
[Ian McLaren]
Navara D40
VKS737 Mobile 0134

Offline AllanK

• Swag User
Re: Kalgoorlie servicing
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 07:12:39 PM »
Thanks Ian,
Had a look on old google maps but couldn’t find one “down the lane”.
Found “Automasters Kalgoorlie” nearly across the road who seem to get very good write ups. Might try them.
See you’re VKS might have a chat one day. I’m 0264
Cheers
Allan