Author Topic: CP laundromat etiquette  (Read 3887 times)

Offline nab

• Hard Top Camper User
CP laundromat etiquette
« on: June 11, 2021, 12:10:29 AM »
We have had to use a couple caravan parks recently, namely the laundries. We find that a lot of people put their stuff in and forget about it. At a busy caravan park that is a bit crap. We normally avoid caravan parks and busy times but not this time. When we have had to use them in the past me of us will wait there until washing/drying is done, about an hour reading a book/magazine.

We have been waiting 10 mins and if no on comes we take out their washing and do ours, mainly with the dryers. Once ours is done we chuck theirs back in. Only once has so someone collected their clothes while we took them out, she gave us a dirty look but they had been sitting in the dryer finished while we did our washing, so at least half an hour.

What’s the go?
2005 Jayco Dove - sold
2003 Coromal Pioneer XC

Offline NZMarkb

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: CP laundromat etiquette
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 04:04:46 AM »
If their washing has run it's cycle then I don't see an issue with taking it out
If your not prepaired to stand behind our troops
Then feel free to stand in front of them

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 07:20:31 AM »
Yeah, I'd say take it out as long as there's a basket or something to put it all in, rather than just dropping it on the floor!

Went over yesterday & had a look in the laundry at the park here, just to see what the set-up was. There was a lady sitting there, reading her magazine, while a load of wash went through, but when I walked in she looked up & gave me the filthiest look, then didn't say a word when I said Good Morning ???

Guess she just wasn't having a good day ??? ::)
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 10:47:06 AM »
Her Energizer battery for Mr Buzzy must have run flat ..  Fizz..  ;D
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 11:04:23 AM »
You need to build one of these from a windscreen wiper motor and a lazy susan from a cheap shop,  Nab..  Use the diesel heater outlet into a portable roll up wardrobe  as a dryer cabinet ..  Could stay offgrid that way for a while .
https://youtu.be/pRESsIMNGjw     ;D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 11:07:57 AM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 11:32:09 AM »
There is NO etiquette when there are elderly female vultures hanging around a van park laundromat.

You have to be ruthless, ignore them if you can, but that won’t happen. Try and offend them….ha ha, good luck with that !!

Just get in there…..push your way past as best you can…..shove your stuff in ( throw theirs out if you have to ) and get out as quick as you can.

Every now and then one will smile and try and have a chat……..don’t be fooled…..she’s just trying to bait you.

This was going to be done as a bit of a laugh……..but I’m SERIOUS !!   :'( :'(
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra
The following users thanked this post: GBC

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 12:43:44 PM »
Quote from: nab
...  she gave us a dirty look
at that point, open fire.... unload with all you have.. They have no thoughts for anyone else - intercourse them... make em think twice about being inconsiderate next time.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Online austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2021, 11:04:52 AM »
Hi,
   A large garbage bag seems an acceptable receptacle toss the finished, but unclaimed washing.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2021, 01:18:19 PM »
I just leave my crappy pop up laundry basket if I’m not going to be back for a bit. Clothes always seem to find their way back in there.
Laundries and caravan park sheilas are definitely scary, it would take a bigger man than me to intercourse them, I’m worried enough just having discourse with them.

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2021, 01:47:47 PM »
I just leave my crappy pop up laundry basket if I’m not going to be back for a bit. Clothes always seem to find their way back in there.
Laundries and caravan park sheilas are definitely scary, it would take a bigger man than me to intercourse them, I’m worried enough just having discourse with them.

Yep, same..  either leave it in front of the machine or the dryer.  Sometimes you get lucky and its folded up out of the dryer. 

:cup:
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)
The following users thanked this post: GBC

Offline nab

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 02:44:09 PM »
Cheers, all good then. I have no plans to cross paths with the grisly old ducks, especially the ones that look like they’ve been smoking since they were 2. Nice as pie when all is good, if not then get out of their way
2005 Jayco Dove - sold
2003 Coromal Pioneer XC

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2021, 04:55:08 PM »
Cheers, all good then. I have no plans to cross paths with the grisly old ducks, especially the ones that look like they’ve been smoking since they were 2. Nice as pie when all is good, if not then get out of their way
Don’t get sucked into going to a ‘free cake and refreshments’ event in a van park either. We thought we’d take the kids to see whatever they were talking about at Cania van park one year. Manners and respectability will get you nowhere in there. Cheap old bastards were nicking it to take home and all sorts - dirty old woollies fruit cake and some home brand assorted biscuits. What a disgrace.

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 05:32:24 PM »
Will you blokes stop gossiping about each other's wives.  ;D

Offline KathyL

• Tent User
    • Ron & Kathy's Adventures
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2021, 05:35:23 PM »
We had an experience in a CP where someone took our washing out of a clothes dryer well before the cycle had finished and topped up our remaining credit to dry their own stuff while our still-damp stuff was dumped in a pile on top of an adjacent washing machine - was not happy that day!   >:(
2016 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2015 Ultimate Xplor GT
Travel Blog:  Not At Home Today

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2021, 06:03:04 PM »
We had an experience in a CP where someone took our washing out of a clothes dryer well before the cycle had finished and topped up our remaining credit to dry their own stuff while our still-damp stuff was dumped in a pile on top of an adjacent washing machine - was not happy that day!   >:(

Rule no.1……never….ever leave your stuff unattended.  Nothing worse than being out hoodwinked by an old duck !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra