Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 302901 times)

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #2625 on: August 22, 2021, 08:24:30 PM »
Yes but one is certainly not kicking goals

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #2626 on: August 23, 2021, 09:45:10 AM »
Merry Lockmas.

Victoria has recorded 71 new local coronavirus cases as restrictions tighten for childcare and more exposure sites are identified. There are now more than 600.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #2627 on: August 23, 2021, 09:08:09 PM »

Plus the 71 from today  in Vic ..Hope you didnt have much in the way of lifes savings CornyDog ..  ;D
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2628 on: August 23, 2021, 11:22:08 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/aug/23/scott-morrison-tells-states-they-need-to-honour-covid-deal-with-all-australians-to-reopen?fbclid=IwAR04BaiBzkixLJE_QRrh4UiGVOjve5RNZKWXVqr1HZb_mzMTuwV3ZUEnpSo

"The prime minister, Scott Morrison, has challenged the states over their resistance to opening up the country once 70% of the adult population is vaccinated, saying Australia can’t “stay in the cave forever”.

Agree whole heartedly.   With Delta Variant there is no Covid Zero.   We have to live with it to get back to where we once were.   
We have two options.   

1/ Get Vaccinated and hope you get a minor dose of Covid that doesn't effect you too much and there is no long term side effects of the Vaccine.

2/ Don't get Vaccinated and hope you survive Covid and there is no long term side effects of Covid.   

The only option you have to be Covid Free is to live in your cave with no one allowed in and you never leave your cave.   

We need to be Australia, not the Un-United States of Australia.
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline jclures

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2629 on: August 24, 2021, 06:29:02 AM »
We have the Prime Minister for NSW and the NSW Premier who thinks she is the gold standard lecturing everyone else on how to stuff things up.
Well, that is what it looks like to me on the news last night.
The following users thanked this post: Bird

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2630 on: August 24, 2021, 06:42:16 AM »
We have the Prime Minister for NSW and the NSW Premier who thinks she is the gold standard lecturing everyone else on how to stuff things up.

Yep, same here.

She's got NSW in a world of hurt, but was spruiking the other day how they would lead the way on how to handle covid.
Or words to that effect, can't recall exact wording.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.
The following users thanked this post: Bird

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2631 on: August 24, 2021, 07:22:52 AM »
Yep. That’s how it is alright.

I liked her line this morning about no state or country in the world has COVID zero.
And she’s right.

Especially after she made such a royal stuff up in the important state, then let her mess spread over the ditch and destroyed the record run of zero cases they’d been enjoying over there…. ::)

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2632 on: August 24, 2021, 07:56:32 AM »
Any chance that this thread can get back to being about Covid?

The number of posts that are only focused on what politicians are saying is amazing. I am pretty sure that the politicians weren't at the protests or have been leaving their lockdown areas for parties or who have been lying on their declarations to get on a plane / across the borders etc.

Obviously mistakes have been made (Gladys admitted that on Current Affair last night) by everyone but did anyone expect anything else due to the evolving nature of this pandemic including how the Delta variation changed the goal posts. Pretty sure that everyone here has made mistakes in their lives also

We are all responsible to get out of this mess 
The following users thanked this post: RebsWA, MDS69, Troopy_03, paceman, Rowlie

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #2633 on: August 24, 2021, 08:06:02 AM »
Any chance that this thread can get back to being about Covid?

The number of posts that are only focused on what politicians are saying is amazing. I am pretty sure that the politicians weren't at the protests or have been leaving their lockdown areas for parties or who have been lying on their declarations to get on a plane / across the borders etc.

Obviously mistakes have been made (Gladys admitted that on Current Affair last night) by everyone but did anyone expect anything else due to the evolving nature of this pandemic including how the Delta variation changed the goal posts. Pretty sure that everyone here has made mistakes in their lives also

We are all responsible to get out of this mess

Yes, armchair experts passing judgement on matters they have no expertise in doesn't benefit anyone.

get back to the subject

How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.
The following users thanked this post: paceman

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2634 on: August 24, 2021, 09:11:35 AM »

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2635 on: August 24, 2021, 09:23:33 AM »
Interesting ..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUMhItD3TkY

Yes. That’s our light at the end of the tunnel. It’s the transition phase from now to then the that’s concerning. Here in QLD we have started doing worksite vaccinations in distribution centres and abattoirs. It suggests that the Government  is concerned regarding supply chain security.

Offline Snow

• Follow me, I'll be right behind you.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2636 on: August 24, 2021, 05:57:09 PM »
Yes, armchair experts passing judgement on matters they have no expertise in doesn't benefit anyone.

get back to the subject

Thanks Troopy, you beat me to it. Do try to keep the thread on track. Anyone who thinks they can live covid free is living under a rock. Get vaccinated and get back to living again.
A vision without action is a dillusion

The Snowmobile: 2017 Ford Everest Trend with heaps of fruit
The Snowcave: 2023 Austrack Tanami X13
2008 Cub Supamatic XTD
The following users thanked this post: alnjan, Troopy_03, paceman

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2637 on: August 24, 2021, 06:21:15 PM »
2nd jab for myself and the wife today, AZ, super important for us now as the wife was diagnosed with a rare blood cancer last week, Polycythemia Vera. Treatment starts Friday with a venesection (blood letting), bone marrow biopsy the week after and another venesection. Hopefully by mid September we will have an action plan in place to slow this thing, sadly it’s incurable and combined with Parkinson’s life just got a little tougher. As she said, let the fight begin, we might not win but we bloody it’s nose!
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2638 on: August 24, 2021, 06:44:18 PM »
Quote from: Pottsy
as the wife was diagnosed with a rare blood cancer last week, Polycythemia Vera. Treatment starts Friday with a venesection (blood letting), bone marrow biopsy the week after and another venesection. Hopefully by mid September we will have an action plan in place to slow this thing, sadly it’s incurable and combined with Parkinson’s life just got a little tougher.
Farkles dude.. thats harsh :(
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home
The following users thanked this post: Pottsy

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2639 on: August 24, 2021, 06:57:37 PM »
2nd jab for myself and the wife today, AZ, super important for us now as the wife was diagnosed with a rare blood cancer last week, Polycythemia Vera. Treatment starts Friday with a venesection (blood letting), bone marrow biopsy the week after and another venesection. Hopefully by mid September we will have an action plan in place to slow this thing, sadly it’s incurable and combined with Parkinson’s life just got a little tougher. As she said, let the fight begin, we might not win but we bloody it’s nose!

Sorry that you and your wife are facing all this Pottsy.

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2640 on: August 24, 2021, 07:04:12 PM »
Thanks guys, we will work through it, we try to remain positive and we will do everything we can to enjoy our life whilst we can. It just brings home that it’s important to take note of what is going on with your body.
The symptoms for this disease are odd with some people showing no symptoms, some showing more than one. So if you have any of these follow it up.
Itchiness and red skin after having a hot shower or bath.
Welts on the body which are warm and tender to the touch
Prolonged and easy bruising
Persistent infections
Any blurred vision.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2641 on: August 24, 2021, 07:05:27 PM »

Not the sort of thing you want, all the best and hope the Drs can get a plan for you both
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2642 on: August 24, 2021, 10:30:38 PM »
Thanks guys, we will work through it, we try to remain positive and we will do everything we can to enjoy our life whilst we can. It just brings home that it’s important to take note of what is going on with your body.
The symptoms for this disease are odd with some people showing no symptoms, some showing more than one. So if you have any of these follow it up.
Itchiness and red skin after having a hot shower or bath.
Welts on the body which are warm and tender to the touch
Prolonged and easy bruising
Persistent infections
Any blurred vision.

Thinking of you Pottsy - they certainly are varied symptoms!

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2643 on: August 24, 2021, 11:19:02 PM »
I see some are not coping with Emergency Powers very well and want to 'immigrate overseas'
https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/markets/woman-towing-caravan-speeds-through-wa-border-checkpoint-rams-police-car/ar-AANESyf

Stick her on a boat-
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/majority-of-crew-on-fremantle-cargo-ship-test-positive-to-covid-19/ar-AANFUcG
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2644 on: August 24, 2021, 11:34:54 PM »
Anyone who thinks they can live covid free is living under a rock. Get vaccinated and get back to living again.

I’m going to try !!  Because I can’t get vaccinated yet, I’ve got no choice . Apart from the one new case today, lockdown is working OK for me. When they open the floodgates is when it makes it hard…..there will be cases loose in the community and it’ll become a lottery for me.

But if we can go camping, it’ll be somewhere nice and quiet…and safe…..away from people !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2645 on: August 25, 2021, 10:12:26 AM »
I see some are not coping with Emergency Powers very well and want to 'immigrate overseas'
https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/markets/woman-towing-caravan-speeds-through-wa-border-checkpoint-rams-police-car/ar-AANESyf
The footage of the chase.
https://m.facebook.com/abcperth/videos/901380100814271/?refsrc=deprecated&_rdr
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Gazza00

• Tent User
« Reply #2646 on: August 25, 2021, 11:53:47 AM »
  Lucky she had the safety chains attached   ;D

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2647 on: August 26, 2021, 01:07:39 PM »
Well it looks like I was wrong (again).

I stated earlier in this thread that the Toowoomba quarantine center would never get approved.
I was wrong.

The state government has side stepped the federal government roadblock and done a deal directly with the land owner to make it happen.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-26/covd-qld-wellcamp-toowoomba-regional-quarantine-facility/100403692

Can’t wait for Queensland to have potentially infected arrivals spend their quarantine time out of our major cities and in dedicated, specifically built facilities.

I also can’t wait to see Jonesy spitting and frothing over his favorite family getting such a big government contract…. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 01:10:21 PM by Pete79 »

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2648 on: August 26, 2021, 01:30:34 PM »
Alan jones and Wagners..... that top Shit when they won that battle.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2649 on: August 26, 2021, 01:40:13 PM »
Can almost hear the excuses now for when the first bungle happens and a case or someone escapes the new Quarantine center and gets into the community ..  ;D ;D...
Still reckon RAAF base Scherger on Cape York  is a better place for it .. Along with RAAF base Curtin in the Kimberley and the Howard Springs facillity for all returnies to Australia  ..