Author Topic: Thinking of buying a Bruder?  (Read 21867 times)

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Thinking of buying a Bruder?
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2019, 06:45:01 PM »
As with most situations like this there are probably 3 sides to the story - the owner's, Bruder's and the truth ...

This. You can even tell a truthful but selective version of events that paints a very different version of reality.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2019, 07:23:26 PM »
There are 2 sides to every story and there is a lot more to this one.    Bruder EXP are in Brisbane and are happy to tell their side to anyone who is really interested.

Has anyone got a version of their reply ?

No matter what they say, you can't ignore the photos of the "bad" van !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2019, 07:32:26 PM »
Damn was just about to order two
Swannie
Only 2 🤔
Ultimate LC79 Combo

TimE

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2019, 08:56:45 PM »
Just found this website on the thread on Exploreoz.
[url=http://www.bruderxworld.com]http://www.bruderxworld.com[/url]
Keith

That website is down (for me), maybe he got his money back, or GICs lawyers go let loose on him!

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2019, 09:49:13 PM »
That website is down (for me), maybe he got his money back, or GICs lawyers go let loose on him!

I just posted on Exploreoz asking him what happened to his website. Maybe he was threatened with legal action.
Keith
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.
The following users thanked this post: Rumpig

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2019, 09:15:54 AM »
He says he got a whole load of legal threats and has taken the site down as part of the negotiating process in the hope of reaching a settlement before going to court.
Be interesting to see how it all goes.
Keith
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2019, 06:55:07 PM »
He says he got a whole load of legal threats and has taken the site down as part of the negotiating process in the hope of reaching a settlement before going to court.
Be interesting to see how it all goes.
Keith

Similar thing has happened on this site. A company that is prepared to spend money on lawyers will always bluff a small bloke who either doesn't know how much he is allowed to say publically or he doesn't or can't spend money to fight the "big" guy !!

I have no doubt company X has built a thing with some serious faults, but instead of willingly fixing them, they risk damaging what good name they had by fighting it.  A lot of companies still fail to see the power of social media these days !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2019, 07:12:07 PM »
Similar thing has happened on this site. A company that is prepared to spend money on lawyers will always bluff a small bloke who either doesn't know how much he is allowed to say publically or he doesn't or can't spend money to fight the "big" guy !!

I have no doubt company X has built a thing with some serious faults, but instead of willingly fixing them, they risk damaging what good name they had by fighting it.  A lot of companies still fail to see the power of social media these days !!

By the look of the house in the background of the ad pics, his location, the car he was towing with and the fact that he bought a Bruder in the first place, I am guessing he isn't short of coin. I suspect whilst there have obviously been some major issues, that have got him to the point of starting up a website about it, there is likely more to it than he has said. I wondered how long it would be until the lawyers got involved.

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2019, 08:41:07 PM »
I was thinking about getting 1 of these but it might upset my asset limit for the pension   :'(
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Winchy

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2019, 04:14:14 PM »
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/judge-gags-facebook-admin-over-camper-trailer-on-lemon-page-20190723-p529v7.html
The following users thanked this post: avotrol, edz

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2019, 08:06:44 AM »
https://magazine.rvdaily.com.au/en_US/15011/221239/van_buyer_sued_after_negative_review_.html

Interesting follow up!

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2019, 08:43:53 AM »
By this though, it may not yet be over ???

"Amendment: Since our publication of this news item, claims have been made via social media doubting the validity of the court judgement. RV Daily sought comment from Bruder Expedition Pty Ltd, and their legal team, however, none was forthcoming ... Pending any appeal by Mr Coles, the original decision stands despite social media commentary, that the hearing dates were not supplied to him preventing his appearance in court to defend the case"

Will be interesting to see what happens with the case against the Facebook Lemons group in October.
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday
The following users thanked this post: Alchemist

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2019, 11:57:44 AM »
By this though, it may not yet be over ???

Will be interesting to see what happens with the case against the Facebook Lemons group in October.

I think you have to be served so it would appear unlikely IMHO that he didn't know about it.

I woud think Tracey is pretty much screwed with this outcome, if the court has already found that the site was defamatory, then her sharing it would likely be found the same, but I am not a lawyer.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2019, 01:28:25 PM »
If theres a problem you should be able to tell others  about it so they can make up their own minds .. Gagging people convinces other people there is an issue .
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 01:30:06 PM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "
The following users thanked this post: archer63

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2019, 01:33:22 PM »
If theres a problem you should be able to tell others  about it so they can make up their own minds ..

You can still do that. 

In this case it appears things went a little further.

Generally three sides to any story, yours, theirs and the truth. 

Forget truth when it gets to Court as one Magistrate stated, "We are not here to get to the truth of the matter, we are here to prove beyond reasonable doubt."

If one party doesn't put a case forward then the balance of doubts can only lean one way.
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2019, 03:06:58 PM »
You can still do that. 

In this case it appears things went a little further.

Generally three sides to any story, yours, theirs and the truth. 

Forget truth when it gets to Court as one Magistrate stated, "We are not here to get to the truth of the matter, we are here to prove beyond reasonable doubt."

If one party doesn't put a case forward then the balance of doubts can only lean one way.

Pretty well summed up!

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2019, 03:48:17 PM »
Beyond reasonable doubt applies to criminal law only.
In civil cases the magistrate determines the existence of contested facts, on the balance of probabilities.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2019, 05:50:47 PM »
Beyond reasonable doubt applies to criminal law only.
In civil cases the magistrate determines the existence of contested facts, on the balance of probabilities.

Yep, my mistake, too use to Criminal matters
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline filcar

• Tent User
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2019, 08:11:51 PM »
Latest in the saga ...

https://rvdaily.com.au/bruder-expedition-wins-landmark-court-decision-against-lemon-caravans-and-rvs-australia-administrator/?fbclid=IwAR2lyKMJ3Kvwe18FxJ8XyRYHUGV1en_Um53m6Jijn5vNG5B7dsNJZzEdDI4
Defender 90 towing AussieSwag Ultra D

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2019, 09:57:28 PM »
Latest in the saga ...

https://rvdaily.com.au/bruder-expedition-wins-landmark-court-decision-against-lemon-caravans-and-rvs-australia-administrator/?fbclid=IwAR2lyKMJ3Kvwe18FxJ8XyRYHUGV1en_Um53m6Jijn5vNG5B7dsNJZzEdDI4
Can't really say that I am surprised.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2020, 04:58:40 PM »
Ordered to pay costs......that won't happen . She hasn't got any money !! Could probably pay it off at $20/week for the next 20 yrs !!

Even if I was flush with funds, I wouldn't buy this X brand of camper because of their handling ( or lack of ) of this and other complaints.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2020, 04:58:59 PM »
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2020, 06:33:52 PM »
Ordered to pay costs......that won't happen . She hasn't got any money !! Could probably pay it off at $20/week for the next 20 yrs !!

Even if I was flush with funds, I wouldn't buy this X brand of camper because of their handling ( or lack of ) of this and other complaints.

What other complaints have you heard, the only ones I have heard were from the original website which Charles took down and then was found guilty of telling lies (injurious falsehood) in absence.

In regard to Tracey Leigh, this article is interesting, I think what started out as trying to help people has developed into delusions of grandeur. If was Bruder I would be trying to protect my business as well, I was on the fence before the case went to court as it's always hard to know who to believe, but the outcome speaks for itself.

https://caravanandcampingaustralia.com/2019/11/03/leigh-guilty-of-deceptive-and-misleading-conduct-in-bruder-case/

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2020, 07:49:25 PM »
it's always hard to know who to believe, but the outcome speaks for itself.

https://caravanandcampingaustralia.com/2019/11/03/leigh-guilty-of-deceptive-and-misleading-conduct-in-bruder-case/

There were others on that facie site complaining about problems with brand X and lack of action regards fixing them.

The outcome of the court case points to someone who didn't desist when threatened with legal action.  It didn't mention whether the company did or didn't fix the problem(s) 1st reported that led to it all.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra