Author Topic: Close call with the CT Canvas  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
Close call with the CT Canvas
« on: June 10, 2014, 09:01:24 PM »
G'day all,

Just a heads up for you all, I had to try and dry out my camper in the carport  as it was too wet outside..... anyway, the carport roof is a bit too low to open up the camper, so I flattened the tyres on the camper to allow me to open up the camper as much as possible.... I managed to get it open enough to be satisfied that it would dry.......
What I didn't realise though was that I now had the canvas close to the garage door motor, and in that motor is an auto light...... now this light gets very hot, luckily for me my roof canvas was drenched, it wasn't till this morning when opened the garage door and seen the light shining on the roof of the camper, I climbed up and felt the temp, it was alarmingly hot...............

Morale of story be aware if you're trying to dry your camper in the garage....... u might dry one spot a bit too much, as in crispy, on fire dry!!!

Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!

Offline Ynot

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Tony. Prado 150 GXL, Coromal 632RTP
Re: Close call with the CT Canvas
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 09:11:54 PM »
Thanks for sharing this, a good learning for us all.

I don't have a ct but had the van's annex flooring and a shade wall drying in the garage after the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?  (Homer J Simpson).