Author Topic: Packing Up Times  (Read 14248 times)

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
Re: Packing Up Times
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2012, 08:19:12 AM »
Danny it was a stinker that day.. And next week is top of 15,so similar to Melbourne weather... Not a great pack up day, and we need to start a lot earlier so it's not the middle of the day and we are driving... Lessons learnt

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk 2

It will be warmer than the forcast temperature although there is suppose to be a bit of wind around some parts early next week.

You guys will be the king and queen of pack ups by the time your finished! Given that you didnt really get a chance to do a lot of 'shake down' trips I cant help but wonder how different your complete set up will be by the end of your trip??
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline Crisp Image

• Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again!
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2012, 03:36:37 PM »
From an every thing out to packed up is about 1.5 hours after SWMBO gets out of bed. I get up 15min later to greet her when she gets back from the shower.
We do some prep work the night before which makes it easier.
The last pack up with the treat of rain we packed the kids bedroom up the night before and the pack up including breakfast was in less than an hour.
Set up times are between 30 min to 1 hr depending on the level of set up. These times are from unhitching and leveling the trailer.
The more you do it the better you get at it. But when you have not done it in a while it takes a little longer.
Regards
Crispy

2008 Outback Sturt, 2010 Prado 150 D4D Tug

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2012, 04:26:23 PM »
The more you do it the better you get at it.

We do it fortnightly and I don't think we've improved our time much, but we are more organised when we do do it.

These times are from unhitching and leveling the trailer.

That goes without saying for us ... wonder if the same can be said for others. 

Our setup time also includes arguing about the site (best site / setup angle / views / etc) for a bit as well.  Setup is completed when the first drinks come out - usually his - and you can sit in a chair without a care in the world.   ;D  Might not include things like the loo / ensuite / Ozpig ... those come later (usually) and are included in the pack up time. 

Packing up takes longer because we nominate a certain time to be gone by ... so you pack up until then.

Kit_e
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline hairymick

• Tent User
  • 2010 Nissan Navara D22, 2005 Kimberly Escape
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2012, 04:30:51 PM »
Evie and I can take anything from a couple of hours to all day.

We refuse to fight or get stressed doing it and as soon as one of us starts to get a bit flustered,  we stop, have a cup of tea and a chat and then carry on.

I really, Really like this previous post  by CruisinDub

Take a deep breath, hug your wife and tell her you love her. Chill out and its not a raƧ. Or if a early start is needed, we semi pack up the night before and forgo the shower.
Chill out, its not a race.

Bloody well said mate. :cup:

Packing up can be stressful and hard work and there is absolutely no point in abusing your best mate or having a domestic while doing it.

"Happy Wife = Happy life" are true gems of wisdom in my humble opinion.
Cheers,
Mick

Offline ewoksta

• Swag User
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2012, 05:13:00 PM »
We used to have the whole shebang. Tent tarp over everything camp kitchen pantry. You name it we had it. Took about 5 hours to set up!!! Got jack of that after 7-8 trips and bought a CT. Only put it up and down a few times and it takes a leisurely 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Pack up starts the night before with the crap we don't need. Clean clothes stay in the drawers in the camper, dirty clothes in a glad bag in the walkway. Love the fact that when we get home it's dirty clothes and food out of the Ct and we are done. Used to take me 2-3 hours just unpack the trailer and store it all away.

Cheers
Andrew
07 Dual Cab Navara
2012 Central Coast camper "Show Special"

Offline Paul (SA)

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2012, 07:24:07 PM »
Like most people have said, we just take our time. Why race and get wound up. You are on holidays for heavens sake, so just enjoy it and relax.

This topic reminds me of a Mr Bean skit, but I just can't place it. The one where he was racing to get something done before someone else and I remember the smug look on his face.
2014 NW Pajero
2012 Jayco Swift OB