Author Topic: Recommendations for Jayco Service in Canberra  (Read 1238 times)

Offline BrindiCruiser

• Soft Floor Camper User
Recommendations for Jayco Service in Canberra
« on: January 18, 2012, 09:15:53 AM »
Folks,
I am going to get my old Jayco Camper trailer serviced in the coming weeks. I have booked in with Jayco Canberra at the moment. the basic service charge is $350.

Just wondering if they are a good option, or if I should be considering another place.

Just want bearings, brakes checked, replace water pump and check safe operation of the camper trailer.

I have come across Lloyds in Fyshwick and it looks like there is a mobile operation too.

2010 Kia Sorrento, 2013 Outback Swan

Offline areyonga

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Recommendations for Jayco Service in Canberra
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 10:52:50 AM »
You can use any mechanic or better still how about the mobile mechanic coming to you, saves a lot of time in delivery and pickup, I used one once and was happy with the result, there are a couple listed in the yellow pages.

Trevor
Toyota Landcruiser 200, Olympic Marathon 22.6 van

snakehips

Re: Recommendations for Jayco Service in Canberra
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 11:42:06 AM »
Used my local mechanic (Shaun at Kambah Car Care) to fit electric brakes (w new axle), new bearings, brake controller in car & wire it all up, new tyres, weld on a 2nd safety chain, new suspension on my tow vehicle,  etc. 

If you have a good car mechanic that also has a camper trailer they'll be fine I reckon.  Although I don't have a Jayco and haven't used the guys in Qbn, so I can't comment on whether they won't do a good job for you either! ???