Author Topic: 14 ft Cavalier owners  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Sab

• Sleeping Bag User
14 ft Cavalier owners
« on: July 20, 2011, 09:14:57 PM »
G'day, We have a Cavalier with a 14 ft tent top and I am very curious if any other cavalier owners leave their awnings attached when they pack up their tents, does it get heavy and messy to lift the canvas over or do you just not bother until it's time to use it and attach it. cheers and thanks for any replies

Offline The Nats

• Learning the Ropes
Re: 14 ft Cavalier owners
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 10:08:34 PM »
G'day Sab,

On our 14ft Cav we remove the annexe walls (if used that trip) & roof the night before we are due to depart. We (wife & self) find it easier to do that way, particularly when having to depart by set times. I also think that the weight of all that canvas would be fairly difficult to fold up on the trailer. We also have a fly over the tent roof which keeps it dry & clean, so wouldn't like folding a wet or dirty annexe roof over it.

Cheers,
The Nats

Offline geopaj

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 09:29:18 PM »
Hi, I've been wondering the same thing.

Previously I've always taken the annexe off but next time I use the camper I think I will leave it on (folded over the camper's roof) and see how hard/easy it is to pack up and set up.
NT Pajero VRX (My build - https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=47893 )

Sar Major Camper Trailer (My Build - http://www.myswag )

Offline Sab

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 09:27:07 PM »
Cheers for your replies, We too do the prep the night before but I was just looking at a so called cheats (lazy) way to do it. I think we'll just stick to how we've been doin it.

Thanks Sab