Author Topic: ***PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN GENERAL DISCUSSION SECTION***  (Read 10650 times)

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
Whilst I know that the blurb for the General Discussion board states Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board, it is important to remember:

When on the forum, please use appropriate language and be civil to each other at all times. This forum is designated a "family friendly environment". In other words, please treat other forum users in the same manner that you expect to be treated. Any participant that does not follow acceptable etiquette will be ejected and banned from the forum.

We don't mind if there are non-camping related threads - as long as the content and the Members that participate in them are respectful.

This Forum was created so that people could ask questions, share ideas, share information, meet like minded people and generally discuss everything to do with offroad camper trailers and the outdoors. Yep, we've diversified over the years with the additions of crossovers and caravans etc but it still has the same purpose.  It was not created for people to come and launch personal attacks, be racist, sexist, purposely be offensive or do anything else you are supposed to be able to stop yourself from doing when you are a mature adult.  If you want to carry on with that -  do it on Facebook or Twitter, or any other platform for that matter, other than Myswag.

The following users thanked this post: db, GeoffA, MarkGU, Mace, Bad Scott, Fizzie

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Sorry, did i offend you with my Common Sense?
    • Everyday Hero
Re: ***PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN GENERAL DISCUSSION SECTION***
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 12:33:37 PM »
Whilst I know that the blurb for the General Discussion board states Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board, it is important to remember:

We don't mind if there are non-camping related threads - as long as the content and the Members that participate in them are respectful.

This Forum was created so that people could ask questions, share ideas, share information, meet like minded people and generally discuss everything to do with offroad camper trailers and the outdoors. Yep, we've diversified over the years with the additions of crossovers and caravans etc but it still has the same purpose.  It was not created for people to come and launch personal attacks, be racist, sexist, purposely be offensive or do anything else you are supposed to be able to stop yourself from doing when you are a mature adult.  If you want to carry on with that -  do it on Facebook or Twitter, or any other platform for that matter, other than Myswag.
Spot on the money Jill.Clothes lines are where you air your dirty laundry and social media is the place to rant,whinge & b!tch about the world.My Swag is a great place for info about alot of things. Keep up the great work Brett& Jill,as well as the mod team keeping this forum free from the idiots who just post to stir up unrest.
 :cup:
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/markgu/patrol?fu=5470975
The following users thanked this post: db