Author Topic: Leadership spill happened...  (Read 27157 times)

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Leadership spill happened...
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2018, 08:01:31 AM »
Whether is local, state or federal there all a pack of peanuts.

Our local council (Noosa) are the biggest pack of Numpty pocket liners I have ever seen.

Yep, they've just sacked Ipswich Council as it was decided most of them were just crooks & the Council couldn't work together :police:

Did the same thing to Gold Coast Council back in the late 70's - I was actually working there at the time & the difference between having the Administrator running things & the Councillors coming back was amazing - between Friday & Monday, staff morale just evaporated :'(

So the answer is simple - sack all the Federal pollies & put an Administrator to run the Country for a couple of years!  >:D

Hey Liz, Pete - you out there ??? ;D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2018, 08:49:08 AM »
Did the same thing to Gold Coast Council back in the late 70's - I was actually working there at the time....
So have you still got your white shoes and that free water front apartment?
Or where you not that high up in the developers donations tree?? ;)

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2018, 08:57:01 AM »
Or where you not that high up in the developers donations tree?? ;)

Mate, I wouldn't have been able to reach the bottom branch with a 5m ladder! :angel:

Was my first job - 5 months temp, walking the streets reading water meters ;D

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2018, 11:16:23 AM »
Interesting opinion from ABC news site....SPOT ON AS WELL!!!!

OPINION

MAKE no mistake — the people paid a pretty penny to sit in Canberra don’t care about you.
The past decade of infuriating infighting, turmoil and civil war in both the Labor and Liberal parties ranks demonstrates that pretty clearly.
Cost of living, healthcare, decent education, employment opportunities and the stability of the economy … oh, they talk a lot about these issues, the things that keep you up at night.
But the reality is, there’s no time to figure out a meaningful solution to the many problems this country faces when they’re preoccupied with destroying each other.
All these politicians really care about is clinging to power at any cost — and usually at your expense.
Malcolm Turnbull retained the leadership of the Liberal Party against a challenge by Peter Dutton,

Former PM Tony Abbott has led a campaign of destabilisation since losing the top job.

Eleven years. That’s how long it’s been since a sitting prime minister was able to finish a full term, from election to election, when John Howard lost to Kevin Rudd.

Since then, the Australian public has been subjected to a circus of self-interested egomaniacs letting their born-to-rule personality disorders run wild.

There was Rudd versus Gillard, then Gillard versus Rudd. We had Turnbull versus Abbott, and now Dutton versus Turnbull.

The wrecking, the undermining, the sniping, the constant attacks on each other — it’s sickening. They’re no better than a bunch of brawling schoolyard children.

And if you think today’s vote in the party room, which Turnbull narrowly won, puts this latest furore to rest, I’m sorry to disappoint you.
There’s already speculation about when the next challenge will take place.
The current spate of civil wars began when Julia Gillard knifed Kevin Rudd.

It’s ridiculous. Is it any wonder a growing number of Aussies are totally fed up with the two major parties?

The next time anyone in the government, or indeed the opposition, wonders why the voter base is moving towards smaller parties or independents, they should take a good look at themselves.
When they fight and try to destroy each other, we all lost.
The war Canberra should be waging is on the skyrocketing cost of living a decent life. It should be on the fact that our wages have barely increased in years.
They should target affordable housing, jobs for your kids, health services and our security.

Aussies don’t care who’s running the show, as long as they get something done. And frankly, they’re failing miserably.
Instead of leading, the moment the government of the day gets a whiff of voter dissatisfaction, they panic and run for the party room in a bid to turf out the person in charge for a new one.
What does this solve? It’s the political equivalent of papering over some deep foundation cracks. Or, the better analogy is slapping some lipstick on a pig.

The jig is up. We see the pig and its cheap make-up. And we’re bloody tired of it.
Spot on. I dont understand why anyone would want to vote for either of the 2 majors (3 if you include the greens) as they are all basically the same, just looking out to win the next election at all costs. I've put them dead last in my voting for the last 10 years Should make a law that stops these pathetic shifts in leadership for the sake of the popular vote - the only shift in power for a PM should be due to death or major sickness/inability to do the job. If your planning to retire then you need to do it at the end of your term and the next leader should be the one doing the election campain so the people know who they are voting for.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 11:18:44 AM by shanegtr »

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2018, 12:34:21 PM »
Politicians are number 1 on my list of scum of the earth. And that's for ALL parties. In fact I have to think hard to find anyone that comes close.

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2018, 12:39:40 PM »
Politicians are number 1 on my list of scum of the earth. And that's for ALL parties. In fact I have to think hard to find anyone that comes close.
Judges ??

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2018, 12:43:53 PM »
How could I ever have forgotten them.  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Can only be that they are on the same level of scum as the politicians.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2018, 12:58:30 PM »
Quote from: shanegtr
I dont understand why anyone would want to vote for either of the 2 majors (3 if you include the greens) as they are all basically the same, just looking out to win the next election at all costs.

Never a truer word spoken. The politicians know it and dont give a ****.. as long as they get their perks... and their childcare centers do
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2018, 01:03:31 PM »
Judges ??

Lawyers beat Judges hands down.
Judges have removed themselves so far out of the real world, that they live in a fantasy land.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2018, 03:03:59 PM »
Apparently theres another spill happening tonight or AM..

fun watching politics imploding infront of your eyes... sad thinkin these ****stains run the country
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2018, 03:24:07 PM »
Turnbull shouldn't worry to much. When he gets the arse he gets around $210,000 plus extras per year from us for the rest of his life, (hopefully a miserable one but doubt that).

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2018, 03:29:11 PM »
Gold comment from the SMH on it.

Meanwhile, our farms are drought-ravaged, energy policy in chaos, school performances declining and tensions are rising in parts of the world very relevant to Australia. But our government pollies think their time is better spent bickering, scheming and settling old scores.
The electorate will tell them exactly what they think of their priorities soon enough.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2018, 03:48:24 PM »
It would be very sad to see abbott and dutton in a serious car accident...NOT.   Pair of scum suckers who really should never have been born.  Along with many more of their cork soaking mates.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2018, 03:50:32 PM »
It would be very sad to see abbott and dutton in a serious car accident...NOT.   Pair of scum suckers who really should never have been born.  Along with many more of their cork soaking mates.

WTF
Dumb comment
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper
The following users thanked this post: paceman

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2018, 04:09:01 PM »
https://au.news.yahoo.com/australians-putting-potatoes-072911018.html

-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2018, 05:11:44 PM »
WTF
Dumb comment

Not really mate.  I am sick to death of the mindless, egotistical nutters we get who think they can run the country as they see fit.  Abbot has been sitting behind the curtain and constantly Shit stirring and causing upset within the party.  He had his chance and now like a little school boy he,s sooking. Dutton....I have no time for the clown. He wasn,t much of a copper according to various views I,ve seen on the web 9take that as you will) but his handling of the boat people shows why he is disliked by a large amount of the general population ( check out the polls).  I judge a govt by how they look after the poorer in the country.  Current mob are sending us down the Shit tube ultra fast.  64 years of age and I cant believe the deadly serious mess our country is in.  Car accident...nope I,ll take that back...hang the bloody lot for treason.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2018, 05:17:17 PM »
Quote from: Bigfish
I judge a govt by how they look after the poorer in the country. 
Gee you must be going back to the 50's LOL!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2018, 05:47:00 PM »
Not really mate.  I am sick to death of the mindless, egotistical nutters we get who think they can run the country as they see fit.  Abbot has been sitting behind the curtain and constantly Shit stirring and causing upset within the party.  He had his chance and now like a little school boy he,s sooking. Dutton....I have no time for the clown. He wasn,t much of a copper according to various views I,ve seen on the web 9take that as you will) but his handling of the boat people shows why he is disliked by a large amount of the general population ( check out the polls).  I judge a govt by how they look after the poorer in the country.  Current mob are sending us down the Shit tube ultra fast.  64 years of age and I cant believe the deadly serious mess our country is in.  Car accident...nope I,ll take that back...hang the bloody lot for treason.

That's funny because a majority of the population want to decrease the amount of immigration into the country. When labor opened the borders we had economic refugees coming into the country with no documents, no care for their children taking them on leaky boats across the ocean and we are still paying for it now. Go to Fairfield in Sydney, the cops can't keep up with the influx of work. Look at the Sudanese in Melbourne running riot. So to suggest that the. Border policy is disliked by the majority of the population is a laugh.

People don't like Turnbull for one reason, he's no different to a labor politician in fact he tried to sign up for the labor party years ago. People want a choice between left and right, at the moment the only choice is left and left.
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2018, 08:38:25 PM »
People want a choice between left and right, at the moment the only choice is left and left.

Why have a choice of political parties ??

Get rid of political parties and just have politicians ... No need for local government ( do they do anything anyway ?? )

The bloke with the best policy wins ( if everyone votes for him ?? )  Local areas get funding for projects on a need for basis...not for a seat stacking waste of money like now..

May not be a better system than what we have now.....and finding a "straight" politician might be hard ??
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Hookie

• Tent User
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2018, 05:57:18 AM »
The problem is that the aristocracy is on the rise again. We're no longer being led by the smartest, hardest working, or most courageous, we're being led by their kids and grandkids. Politicians, CEOs, a large portion of the wealthy, aren't there because they earned their place, but because they were born into it. Western democracies all over the world are increasingly stuck under a ruling class who has no idea what it's like to earn your living, it's a cycle we seem to keep going through. Last time it took WW2 to shake things up and give the little guy a chance again, not sure what it's going to be next time or if it will even be in my lifetime.
The following users thanked this post: Fizzie

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2018, 08:21:38 AM »
The problem is that the aristocracy is on the rise again. We're no longer being led by the smartest, hardest working, or most courageous, we're being led by their kids and grandkids. Politicians, CEOs, a large portion of the wealthy, aren't there because they earned their place, but because they were born into it. Western democracies all over the world are increasingly stuck under a ruling class who has no idea what it's like to earn your living, it's a cycle we seem to keep going through. Last time it took WW2 to shake things up and give the little guy a chance again, not sure what it's going to be next time or if it will even be in my lifetime.

You got it Hookie :'(

What are the numbers ??? - the wealthiest 1% in the world are worth the same as the bottom 70% or something like that ???

I think you're right with what you said about the aristocracy - I think it's going to finish up with a smallish number of hyper-wealthy people effectively running the world, with the common plebs there just to do what they want. Don't know if anything will shake them up from here in, or if anything does it'll be a full-on, nuclear WW3, so it won't matter much anymore :'(

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2018, 08:38:32 AM »
Well, it's happening. Looks like we will have a new PM by the end of the day. I think that will be 6 changes since Howard, all in a time frame shorter than what he was in the Job.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2018, 09:21:35 AM »
And then we’ll have another PM again early next year.

I know there’s a lot of stupid people that just vote on their party line no matter how incompetent their local candidate is (eg; Peter Slipper), but surely they can’t be that dumb to re-elect this mob after all of this rubbish that’s just been going on...

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2018, 10:06:06 AM »
And then we’ll have another PM again early next year.

I know there’s a lot of stupid people that just vote on their party line no matter how incompetent their local candidate is (eg; Peter Slipper), but surely they can’t be that dumb to re-elect this mob after all of this rubbish that’s just been going on...
...... and ya reckon the other mob are any better?

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2018, 10:13:00 AM »
Quote from: macca
...... and ya reckon the other mob are any better?

x every number in history...
I'm sick of prime ministers that are so far out of touch with reality they feel they could walk naked on the sun in a pair of surfer joes.
Also sick of rich prime ministers with no touch with real world and how some people struggle to put food on table, or pay bills... Most of them have so many tax scams going they dont pay Shit.

Im with Bigfish on this 100%
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home