Author Topic: wild boar campers  (Read 36345 times)

Offline turbojoe

• Tent User
wild boar campers
« on: March 19, 2013, 03:51:25 PM »
just a question, has anyone seen or have taken delivery of one of the wild boar hard floor campers.?

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
Re: wild boar campers
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 04:59:11 PM »
I haven't.
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 06:32:41 PM »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 06:50:39 PM »
I would do a lot of research before I bought 1 of these. Every thing is being advertised either on facebook or gumtree, free or very low cost advertising, no web site, yet the man has about 8 or 10 domains registered. A google search only turns up what I have said above,this is just my opinion but I would be very carefull  :police:
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Crimso

• Tent User
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 06:55:04 AM »
Have had a close look (as in I have physically seen & climbed through & under etc) & for the money they look quite good, best of the imported at least. I am thinking seriously of investing in one, I have a soft floor now & am finding it too much effort for me & swmbo to handle (bigger tent & older age & no kids to help) for over night stops.
http://www.myswag.org/gallery/d/19406-2/Burrum+Camp.jpg

Offline turbojoe

• Tent User
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 07:36:50 PM »
Have had a close look (as in I have physically seen & climbed through & under etc) & for the money they look quite good, best of the imported at least. I am thinking seriously of investing in one, I have a soft floor now & am finding it too much effort for me & swmbo to handle (bigger tent & older age & no kids to help) for over night stops.

Yeh we are in much the same boat . i have spoken to paul the builder /importer of these and the new model looks quite good. being in perth though its a little hard to do the jump all over it thing ,so maybe looking for something comparable , there are a couple over here at the 18 -25k range ,also looked at a couplke of used conquer's for the 25k mark.
So will sell the soft floor first ,then look at the whole thing again with cash in my pocket.

Offline Crimso

• Tent User
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 03:59:34 PM »
Had another look at these today as my sister is entering the market & I convinced her to have a look too. It's probably almost 12 months since I first looked & I can only say they have improved what was already a good product.

Offline Caaamper

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 08:30:33 PM »
just a question, has anyone seen or have taken delivery of one of the wild boar hard floor campers.?
Yes I bought a 2012 model and have sold it and ordered a 2013 model. the camper was great with a lot of space in the tent. I love the fact that it was painted the same colour as my car I am getting the new one as it has some vast improvements
16 inch wheels; Axles moved forward; Spare wheel carrier at the rear; Pole box; bigger wing box that will carry 2 x 80 Lt freezers;Heavy duty 15 onz. canvas
I hope this helps.  Dave

Offline Matt13

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 09:19:24 PM »
Hi all, we have been looking for quite some time for a camper trailer hard or soft floor like anyone for a good price good product. Through a friend we found out about Wild Boar Campers only recently. After doing the manufacturer rounds of south east Queensland our second last stop was Conqueror Australia head quarters where we recently veiwed there 2013 camper of the year for $25000 UEV345. I have the brochure here with me that says on the inside of page 1  and i quote ( Tailor made with the best available products sourced from all over the world.) That is a very broad statement.  My opinion is after meeting Paul at WB campers and seeing them put together by Aussies with products sourced from all over the world just like Conqueror Australia state in their brochure that they are a top trailer for a top price. Along with a 2 year structural warranty and the service he provides about upgrading and extras...etc i was impressed. He takes you through were they are painted ( to your choice ) assembled etc. I was not even afforded this option at the Conqueror Head Quarters so who knows where they are made there was no proof which i like to see considering the parting with that sort of money. Anyways i have ordered one from Paul at Wild Boar Campers and i am happy with my decision.
2005 Windsor Rapid Offroad ( gone)
2010 Pinnacle Offroad Softfloor ( gone)
2013 WIld Boar Hard Floor ( ready to go )

Offline cruisindub

• Volksing Matilda. We Love Our Matilda.
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 10:30:49 PM »
I would do a lot of research before I bought 1 of these. Every thing is being advertised either on facebook or gumtree, free or very low cost advertising, no web site, yet the man has about 8 or 10 domains registered. A google search only turns up what I have said above,this is just my opinion but I would be very carefull  :police:
Might be a sceptic, but two 'positives' are from two single post members, both joined at time of their reply.
No further input after that.

Just saying.......................
Why do people ask "What the hell were you thinking?"
Obviously I was thinking I was going to get away with it and not have to explain it....

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 09:19:37 AM »

So long as you are aware that these are a chinese import.  There are other companies selling the same trailer for a cheaper price.  I couldn't find a website for these guys either.

crackacoldie

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 10:04:35 AM »
Might be a sceptic, but two 'positives' are from two single post members, both joined at time of their reply.

And neither have had any other discussion :o

Offline MIC78C

• "Lock the hubs, and hold it flat"
  • Swag User
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 11:41:38 AM »
Comes from same factory as Leisure Matters Ranger, and MDC Voyager. Both of which are cheaper than Wild Boar.
I would take the Leisure Matters trailer. Glenn Hadden from Roo Systems (and 4WD Action) took one to Birdsville for their Easter bash. Thats a good enough test for me, knowing how those blokes treat gear.  ;D.
Cheers,
Mick

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 02:38:54 PM »

I did have a look a while back, thinking this might be the case. On the face of it, two different email addresses, different domains and IP addresses.

Come back guys, let us know more ;)
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline Matt13

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 05:13:31 PM »
Calm down everyone...i dont even know anyone with a WBC,  I have also previously owned a fully imported Pinnacle Camper which i bought new from a Camping show, but upon delivery it was assembled poorly..ie: missing spring washers etc and had rust in quite a few spots. This has made me aware that the ones on display at the Camping shows when you put your deposit down sometimes aint what comes on the truck. So not being in the market for a Kimberly because of the price i have been looking for medium priced camper  to buy and one that i could see being assembled on regular visits painted in an onsite booth to your colour with the assurance you can pop back to a real person and get things fixed..or touched up etc... I have always used this site to read but never a member, and thought the whole idea is to discuss..hence since after months of looking i have ordered one and thought i will put my thoughts on here. There maybe the same versions around at a cheaper price, but are they painted, wired, assembled up the road where i can veiw it.

Offline MIC78C

• "Lock the hubs, and hold it flat"
  • Swag User
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 05:37:20 PM »
G'day Matt13
I don't know what you have been told, but these trailers come from China assembled, including tents. Just because someone takes the tent off and gives it a paint job doesn't mean (to me) that it was made here.
That being said, If the price is right, and the quality is what you would expect (for the price) then go for it mate. Any time you get to use it, makes it money well spent.
Cheers,
Mick

Offline Fronteraboy

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 08:11:18 PM »
I recently brought the same camper from "Aussie campers and Trailers" at Acacia Ridge Brisbane, it is branded with their own brand.  I brought it knowing that it had a paint defect, but for the price $7500 drive away, i can deal with some paint problems and a little rust appearing from time to time.

Am I happy with my camper??? I love it.... tows really well... looks good behind my truck, comfortable to sleep, does not leak, has everything you need in it...

Does it need some things done... Yeah it does.... a few bad design ideas... but nothing I can not fix... and I'm only kinda handy...

Would I recommend it to my friends??? yeah any day, the guys are friendly, I have had issues, they have fixed and or shown me where I went wrong...

I know it was built in China.... so what... so are most things...

Offline Matt13

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 04:03:02 PM »
Thanks MIC78C for your comments about the trailers. Spose what i was trying to say in a round about way is that i know they are made in China, but at WBC old mate pulls just about every bolt off and checks them puts a dab of grease on them swaps the seals with better ones  even swaps some bolts for stainless steel etc... When i have  called to give progress payments he was even bending stuff up from the workshop himself to suit the extra fittings etc ..Compared to the Pinnacle i had where it really did look like it came out of the container slapped together and sent up me on the truck from down south. It is just nice to see someone in the workshop just giving it that extra thorough going over.  I have worked in the Glass & Ally manufacturing industry for many years and even those products now come from China, and its a pretty good product too.. Like you said i think for the price, quality that i am willing to pay i am happy and just thought i would like to pay compliments to the trailer i bought and offer any insight to someone else who might be thinking of buying one..

Cheers Matt.

Offline Caaamper

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 07:49:10 AM »
Hi all, I only made a comment on this page to assist anyone looking for a camper like I was, I hope you all get to know me through this site so here is some background for you all, I am from North Queensland and hope to retire in 2-3 years. I was going to buy a caravan and do 1-2 months trips into NSW and VICT when I retire however I have been looking for caravans for nearly a year now and even checked out a hard floor camper in Perth wen I was there on holidays last year, I assure you the quality was poor and this put me of camper trailers until I seen Wild Boars Campers add on Gumtree late last year. At the price of $14,500 I decided it was worth a look and was impressed enough to by one. I am very happy with the work Paul puts into upgrading them to suit Aussy conditions and when he told me he had a 2013 model with some improvements I was fortunate enough to sell my 2012 model and purchase the new one. I flew down to Brisbane last week to view my camper, Now this is a camper everyone should see as it has everything you could ask for in a camper and I believe it will have no trouble making it to the Gulf and back. I expect delivery in 2 weeks and I will post pictures for you all to see. CAN'T WAIT

Offline Crimso

• Tent User
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 06:48:47 PM »
I've been around for a couple of years now, I own a Lifestyle Podium with the extended tent & full annex. It doesn't suit me anymore, it's too big for the misses & myself to pack up when doing a lot of overnight stops. We've sometimes even not put the tent out fully, just enough to crawl in & sleep, but still heave to pack up. Apart from this, we love it & would keep it if we were younger again & the kids were around to help, but that's not to be.
So we started on the search for a hard floor. We like to get to far away places (from where we live at least) which means 3 - 4 of over nights each way usually. Taking up to 1/2 an hour each time to pack away with constant grumbling from the better, we have decided the next must be a hard floor.
Have a look around, see what they sell for, I can't afford an Ausie one new, not a chance, & when a decent priced second hand one comes along its either too far away to think about or one of you buggers has already snapped it up.
Anyway, we started looking at the imports, needless to say we walked out of quite a few places absolutely shocked that they could even offer such ummmm errrrr "campers" for sale! So it became a hobbie to have a search for campers to see what was on offer when, bingo, we came across this add on Gumtree, looked too good to be true, but after looking at the (I think it was 48) photos we decided to take a drive to Brendale to have a look. I climbed under, I climbed over, I walked in & out & laid down, my wife packed it up on her lonesome, first go, no problems! We were smitten. Now these are imports, fully aware of that, BUT, they are of a quality that should make the Australian manufacturers start to wonder.
In short, we want one, we would have no problems taking these trailers anywhere an Fully Australian built quality trailer will go.
Anyone want to buy a quality Australian built soft floor?
The following users thanked this post: Stan53

Offline Matt13

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 11:05:51 PM »
Have taken delivery of the 2013 wild boar hard floor....so happy we went to Wild boar last stop and met Paul only recently after doing the rounds of distributors and manufacturers. Seriously had never met the man until recently, but a bit of good old fashioned service from the man goes a long way in my book. In the past couple years I had to sell a Windsor rapid off road van and the Pinnacle soft floor to keep the mortgage payed due to cancer. After all this and only 35 years of age I didn't have the funding for even the base model big name brands hard floors and didn't want to go right down the bottom either. But with uncertain times ahead and a lot of camping planned and only early days yet. She is set up great with gauges, electrics, bbq,,,etc she tows great and i still feel happy about the price range they are in for what came with it. Just have to get on the road now and enjoy this great country we live in. ;D... Ps...I,m in trouble for spending too much time playing with it already....I told her its standard procedure for a man to play with his toys...lol

Offline Darren253

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 08:42:31 AM »
Guys... Don't kid yourself that a few replacement nuts and bolts and a coat of paint are going to hold one of these things together after serious Km's offroad. I've owned one before, I'd towed it along the beach, but I would not do an outback track with it. They are not build for offroad use...

As pointed out above, most of these cheaper hard floor brands are exactly the same plus or minus a few extras and come from the same place...
The same 2mm thick draw bar, the same 1.2mm steel floor sub frame that was near impossible to weld without burning a hole, the same dodgy hand winch that will break your wrist in the blink of an eye.

Maybe the owner of this "imported hard floor" though it was up to the outback challenge? The tool box may be different, but everything else is identical to the trailers you are talking about here...

CTA issue 64 May 2013 pg 76

All statements made above are obviously my opinion only from my experience of owning one for a short period of time!   :cheers:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:55:04 PM by Darren253 »
2013 LC200 Altitude
2014 CC Exodus 14

Offline Matt13

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 09:59:55 AM »
Just bought a Apple I pod last week. It says on the back of the box designed in California made in China. Don't see many people complaining about them being made in China. Quite a few around the world too from what I believe.

Offline rodsswag

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Always dreamed it, now living it!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 10:12:12 AM »
Just bought a Apple I pod last week. It says on the back of the box designed in California made in China. Don't see many people complaining about them being made in China. Quite a few around the world too from what I believe.

I don't think that it is everything made in China...
It is about what they do not know and how to design for Australian condition.......
They are great at gizmos and that sort of thing.
Just not everything
 :cheers:

Rod..........
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:56:15 PM by rodsswag »
Swag
Coramal Caravan

Offline grafy82

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2013, 10:42:47 AM »

An iPod is hardly something that needs to be able to be dragged thousands of k's across corrugations. Compare apples to apples and you'll quickly see that the chinese trailers won't take the abuse that our roads can dish out. Stick to the blacktop and you'll be right.
My Trailer Build
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=16864.0

You can't believe everything you read on the Internet. - Julius Caesar