Author Topic: just bought a GA camper trailer  (Read 7043 times)

Offline hobidude

• Swag User
Re: just bought a GA camper trailer
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 06:56:59 PM »
yeh, I think they are good value for the dollars.
I like to support local gear too. Talking to many, times are pretty slow and the budget Chinese CT's are killing off many local manufacturers.

I like to think you get what you pay for but some of the cheapy ones look the goods but dont appear to be built to last.
When we hit the barge to take us to Fraser Is I asked the guy how the Ct's faired on the ough inland sand roads. He had a chuckle and relayed several storyies of lesser quality CT's having their whole axel assemblies torn out! Ours copped a fair workout with no issues. Also a huge Southerly hit one night and apart from the whole trailer being moved around there were no concerns raised.

We learnt to setup for the rain if expected as your perfectly square setup is better leaned over a bit to prevent any pooling.
Also check in the morning if rain is on the way. It can importantly influence if you get up and hook in or just have another lazy breaky, SSS type morning. Satalite image is gold, androud phones very helpfull. Nothing worse than packing up a wet camper in the rain....

Cheers
Oztent RV4

Offline disco95

• Sleeping Bag User
Re: just bought a GA camper trailer
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 07:12:47 PM »
WELCOME AND ENJOY YOUR TRIP. :cheers:
95 Discovery, 90 Rangie, 2010 Territory, Roma Sov'reign CV and  a swag.

Offline Steinzy

• Tent User
  • 1980's Jayco Dove
    • LJ Hooker Mermaid Beach
just bought a GA camper trailer
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 10:36:55 PM »
Welcome along and congrats on the purchase
Steinzy