Author Topic: firepit suggestions please  (Read 7310 times)

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: firepit suggestions please
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2021, 07:14:37 AM »
You have to have a permit for a fire pit, & the neighbours whinge about it, but nobody says a word about the highway just over there, with 100000 cars, buses, trucks & semi's a day driving to & fro, ll belching out exhaust fumes ... ::)
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2021, 09:22:08 AM »
Hi,
     Tas local regs prohibit incinerators but allow BBQs or a fire for warmth,  heating water or cooking.
I can see the need for stricter regs in sardine suburbs.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2021, 03:48:01 PM »
G'Day All,
Hope someone can offer up a suggestion on what to do with this old copper pot.
I am thinking of using it for a home firepit and suggestions on how would be appreciated.
It is about 35cm high and od about 65cm.
I think it is ex girl guides.  it used to sit in the top of a 44 gallon drum fire to heat water for camps

A cheap option, well it cost me zilch, is to get an old water pump, pressure tank from a pump shop. My local bloke was only too keen to give me a couple, as he has to pay to dump them.
I just cut the tank at the height I wanted and bolted the inverted top to the base of the main tank. This keeps an amazing amount of heat off the ground.
I did a bit of art work on the larger tank as my wife said it was bland.
The smaller one packs away pretty well and we use it for a camp barbie, occasionally. Plate is an old plough disc.

'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2021, 12:35:28 PM »
You have to have a permit for a fire pit, & the neighbours whinge about it, but nobody says a word about the highway just over there, with 100000 cars, buses, trucks & semi's a day driving to & fro, ll belching out exhaust fumes ... ::)

And what about cold, foggy, still winter nights, when you go outside and can hardly breathe, due to all the neighbours with over damped, poorly burning wood fires. The tar is virtually floating around in droplets...
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.