Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 6221 times)

Offline k100dennis

• Learning the Ropes
  • Dennis & Wendy Brown
Hi All
« on: August 26, 2019, 03:27:38 PM »
Hello all, we just purchased a Kimberly Kamper Kakadu, 2001 model in really good condition.  Previous to that we have had tents, latest being an Oztent RV5 with all the additional walls.  A very good tent, well made, waterproof and quite capable in strong winds when properly guyed with springs on the ropes.  Probably sell that in the future.  Anyway, . . . the KK is the next step for the wife and myself complete with 2 dogs.  We intend to go to the mainland, having always toured there on our BMW K1200lt (no, not with dogs).  I pull the trailer with an NP Pajero diesel, does it easily and still good on fuel.  Never wanted a caravan, too much trouble and they make driving more of a hassle IMHO.  I guess I'll be asking for some advice on destinations, dog friendly etc in the future.  Cheers, Dennis
Kimberly Kamper Kakadu, 2001 model.  NP Pajero, 3.2 DiD.

Offline Palmer

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 08:02:22 AM »
Sounds like you've got a nice rig.
As you would already know, there's lots of places around tassie to take the dogs.
This site is full of great ideas and people willing to help.  I know I've received a lot of help when I had my Jayco from the members here and I'm picking up ideas for when I can get another camper.