Author Topic: Gas Strut Supplier, North Brisbane  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
Gas Strut Supplier, North Brisbane
« on: March 07, 2019, 03:19:07 PM »
The old strut on my spare tyre bracket had seen better days so I toddled around the Lawnton/Brendale area looking for a replacement. On enquiring at an hydraulic factory, they put me on to this bloke at Kurwongbah. He manufactures, custom builds, exports and imports all types and sizes.
He even came out and gauged the swing weight of the wheel and increased the oil pressure in the cylinder accordingly.
They're called "Precision Gas Springs" at 105 Theodore Rd. Kurwongbah in a big, green shed. No advertising. I never knew they were there and reckon I have driven past there a hundred times.
They will post Oz wide.

No affiliation, just useful information.
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"
The following users thanked this post: edz, plusnq

Offline scrubber

• Swag User
Re: Gas Strut Supplier, North Brisbane
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 10:15:46 PM »
I have been looking for some new struts as I have a couple of saggy ones and 1 bent one on the camper trailer tailgate due to someone  pulling the Drifta slide out kitchen too far and dropping it on the strut.  Every where I have looked have either been too expensive or the wrong configuration.  His prices look very reasonable based on the couple I have looked at so far.  Best of all he is just down the road so to speak.
“Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.” George Carlin

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 01:11:24 PM »
Nice postcode, mate. :cheers:
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 08:38:15 PM »
Thanks Steffo I too will be checking them out and Brendale is just on the other side of the creek from me bonus.
Since moving here a bit over 3 years ago, I've been amazed at what I can get from Brendale. It certainly is my go to place for everything for cars, camping, caravans, building, haircuts and pies.

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 08:26:38 AM »
Rags, they're at Kurwongbah not Brendale. Still within spittin' distance though.
Your best bet would be past Eatons Hill pub, Old North Rd-Youngs Xing, left at Dayboro Rd then Right into Shea Rd which is about 600 metres past the quarry entry at the bottom of the down hill double lanes toward Dayboro. (The 2nd quarry on the left, not the Holcim quarry)
The shed is on the left about a kilometer along.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 08:30:54 AM by Steffo1 »
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top