Author Topic: Noisy annoying campers  (Read 3530 times)

Offline Mags

• Learning the Ropes
Noisy annoying campers
« on: March 07, 2019, 06:39:11 AM »
Obviously people like to get away for some well earned peace and quiet! My question is what do you do with loud obnoxious people, who talk all night using foul language, play music all night? The problem we have is that we have an instant up tent so not so quick to move away from them if you want to. Our trip away was totally spoilt, can't understand why they don't stay home. Easy if you have a van you can just drive to another spot. This has really put me off camping. Would love to hear your experiences.

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Noisy annoying campers
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 07:05:35 AM »
where was this? in a van park?

Sh!t situation to be in. Its only happened to me once, but it was Australia day and I knew I was asking for trouble going where I did on Australia Day. They were only rowdy on the one night also. I really dont like staying in parks and I also love camping where I can see as little amount of other campers as possible.
Cheers

Justin
The following users thanked this post: Mags

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Sorry, did i offend you with my Common Sense?
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 07:08:19 AM »
Answer: Hand full of bird seed on their van roof that night.The birds will love that at day light  >:D
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/markgu/patrol?fu=5470975

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 07:14:46 AM »
Hi Mags, Yep have felt your annoyance  and then some, Back in the day when they put 10 back packers in a Toyota Troopy and set them free on Fraser Island for their three day adventure ..
We had a nice spot on the beach, late in the day one truck then several more pull in till theres 15 truck loads no more than 30 m from our camp ..
Sitting down to eat our meal before last light, These human scum decide to use the low dune right in front of us as their Shitter, not a shovel in sight just steaming piles and paper .. Ohh great joy Not !!
Then the Drug *ucked piss up party began, yelling screaming / running in through around our camp  all night till they crashed at dawn when a big storm hit ..
We packed up and headed home as some of the grubs came asking us to get their jeeps started, Told them politely to go fornicate themselves and smiled like a cheshire cat as we drove away  ... good luck fixing cut starter wires and crimped fuel lines arseholes ..
Still remember those wog accents wanting help, saying " our jeeps wont go "   :angel:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 07:16:23 AM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 08:39:27 AM »
There is always going to be arseholes unfortunately and camping seems to attract them at a disproportionate rate as well.
One way to help minimise that I have found are to stay away from popular places at peak times, YouCamp (although getting a bit $$$) for the peak times is a good alternative.
With camping sites, ones with a manager can be good for being able to tell people to be quiet, whereas with national parks you aren't likely to have any rangers around at night time.
Another option is staying on a beach, we had a reasonably loud group last time next to us on Teewah beach, but the sound of the surf is reasonably good at drowning them out.
And last but not least, if you have kids and they rise with the sun, especially with the ridiculous time it comes up here in QLD in summer (bring on daylight savings ;D) send them towards the noisy campers to play first thing in the morning, wake them up early so they will be tired the following night. 

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 08:42:32 AM »
Another option is once they all pass out, if possible, "borrow" whatever it is they are using to play the loud music, not so easy if it's a car or hardwired though.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 08:42:56 AM »
this has been discussed 23498203948034 times...

Everyone has their own reasons for going away.. some to listen to birds fart, some to root the secretary, some to fish, some to let their hair down.

But you cant help some people - their own worst enemy...
Boys weekend, the area was set, nobody else around there and setup as far from the dunnys and where people usually camp as they could (basically in a small corner)..

Family turned up and the boys were trying to do the right thing telling the dad that its a boys weekend it maybe advisable for them to not camp 40ft from the setup as it was their hair down weekend...  Camping next to 6-8 4wds all blokes <30 should have said something.

The dad said **** off we'll camp where we want... Boys were boys until about 4am and he decided to move the next day.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Redback

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 11:20:44 AM »
We don't camp where people can gather unless we are with a group, our group of friends are like us and only like to hear birds fart ;D
Cheers Baz.

2011 Discovery 4 TDV6
1990 Perentie FFR  
Lightweight Camper.
1973 Kawasaki H2a 750 
1979 BMW R80/7
1983 BMW R100RT ex Police
2006 BMW R1200GS
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fool

Offline BBull

• Tent User
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 01:24:14 PM »
First thing first there is never a valid time to vandalise or destroy peoples equipment, no matter how bad they are. Karma is a Bitch.
Secondly I just put it down to they are young and we were all young once. no doubt all of us did something in the past to piss someone off along the way.
Usually if you let them know they are being annoying they will settle down a bit.
No worse than a caravan with the Genny going all night so they can sleep in the aircon.

Everyone to their own.......

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 01:57:58 PM »
When i had the old hilux i would always make sure to park it close to the noisy group with the tail pipe pointing their way

When you cold started that old girl they either got woken up at 6 coughing their guts up or didnt wake up at all ;D
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline Hookie

• Tent User
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 04:25:33 PM »
First thing first there is never a valid time to vandalise or destroy peoples equipment, no matter how bad they are. Karma is a Bitch.
Secondly I just put it down to they are young and we were all young once. no doubt all of us did something in the past to piss someone off along the way.
Usually if you let them know they are being annoying they will settle down a bit.
No worse than a caravan with the Genny going all night so they can sleep in the aircon.

Everyone to their own.......

100% agree. We always try to camp where we'll have privacy, but you are on public land.

We had a bunch of kids show up not far from our camp one time for a doof or whatever they're calling it these days, music and underage drinking and kids driving their dad's late model Hiluxes. We put up with it because we were the same 20 years ago. Although I did run out of patience when one of them started blasting their car horn at 6am. I casually wandered over, had a chat to him about the beach conditions, then said "you know that honking your horn at 6am in a campground makes you a dick, right?" He got pretty sheepish and said yeah, sorry. Sometimes dumbasses just need their dumbassery pointed out because they're too dumbassed to recognise it on their own.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 04:29:10 PM »
Quote from: Hookie
Sometimes dumbasses just need their dumbassery pointed out because they're too dumbassed to recognise it on their own.
Few people in our club tell stories of having tried that and got into really nasty situations on more than one occasion..
Sometimes its better to just move on, specially 20 odd teens full of piss 40ft wide and bulletproof in groups of 20. There is no doubt that there are more ****tards and wankers in the bush these days and you have to go further remote to find good secluded spots.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 05:04:06 PM »
Avoid campgrounds, caravan parks etc and camp remote.
I've never had any problems, or neighbors.
However, I may change my mind.
In Jan 2020 I have booked into a CP for the Tamworth Music Festival for 2 weeks and have hired
a large caravan for the stay, so
Will be new ground for me so no idea how we will react [to our surroundings, not the music]

Offline whitey001

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 06:30:21 PM »
We were at a caravan park last year with a group of friends and the people across the road decided they would stay up late talking/yelling/chatting to their mates over the CB until I don't know what time.  We had all organised to be up fairly early to head out the next morning.  Started up the car to go and one of our kids had to duck back into the camper to find something.  Left the car idling and old mate across came out shouting for us to turn the car off as they were trying to sleep.  I obliged, said sorry and got on with our day.  Returned back later that day to see a wind had whipped through and snapped a few poles in his tent, now laying on the ground.  I sat down, cracked a drink and watched him try to work out how to salvage it.  I had a repair kit but, no.......  I see it as karma.

Al.
2015 MU-X LST
2019 Jayco Journey 15.48-5

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2019, 07:13:00 PM »
We were at a caravan park last year with a group of friends and the people across the road decided they would stay up late talking/yelling/chatting to their mates over the CB until I don't know what time.  We had all organised to be up fairly early to head out the next morning.  Started up the car to go and one of our kids had to duck back into the camper to find something.  Left the car idling and old mate across came out shouting for us to turn the car off as they were trying to sleep.  I obliged, said sorry and got on with our day.
You should have said, sorry couldnt sleep, some inconsiderate arseholes were up all night talking/yelling/chatting to their mates on CB, so you thought you'd get an early start :D
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2019, 08:04:28 PM »
Personally I find that being 3hrs from the coast, 6hrs from Sydney or Brisbane goes a long way to reducing dickhead rates... also mid-week camping is a good option as well.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2019, 08:08:21 PM »
Personally I find that being 3hrs from the coast, 6hrs from Sydney or Brisbane goes a long way to reducing dickhead rates... also mid-week camping is a good option as well.

Love that Big Sky country ..
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2019, 08:15:05 PM »
We stay at you camps (first pic), or on places like FI, try and stay clear of crowds.....   (Sometimes easier said than done....).

Incredibly,  shortly after the second pic was taken on Fraser somewhere above the Mahino...  a 4WD finished up camping about 50mtrs from us...

Weirdly though,  they first of all suddenly appeared from nowhere - having popped up from the beach onto the dune, and just stayed there, engine idling staring at us for about 15 minutes without moving ...

Slept that night with a knife beside me...   Found out later that they were mad keen fishermen; and had our camp spot the previous night; and were trying to work out whether we were in the process of packing up to leave; or whether we had arrived late, (which was the case); and were just finishing setting up.....

Did I mention that on that night - it was a blood moon as well....   greeeaat...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2019, 12:47:53 PM »
It's a bugger when you get cramped in, in a camp ground. It happened to us one year up near Gloucester. Another more popular area was closed for some reason, so everyone headed to the spot we were at. A couple in their 40's set up a tent, right beside the camper trailer, and you could hear every word anyone said. Early the next morning this ripper fart sounded from the tent next door. Always being one to take up the challenge, I let a beauty rip myself, then called "one all" (actually mine was probably a foul, but lets not go there). Then total silence from next door???????

About an hour later when getting brekky ready, the couple emerged. He had a bit of a smirk on his face, but she was stoney faced and glared over at my general direction.  :-[

I didn't realise I was participating in a mixed singles match.......  ;D
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.
The following users thanked this post: db, Mags

Offline nab

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2019, 04:13:42 PM »
It's a bugger when you get cramped in, in a camp ground. It happened to us one year up near Gloucester. Another more popular area was closed for some reason, so everyone headed to the spot we were at. A couple in their 40's set up a tent, right beside the camper trailer, and you could hear every word anyone said. Early the next morning this ripper fart sounded from the tent next door. Always being one to take up the challenge, I let a beauty rip myself, then called "one all" (actually mine was probably a foul, but lets not go there). Then total silence from next door???????

👍👍👍👍
2005 Jayco Dove - sold
2003 Coromal Pioneer XC

Offline Peachy

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2019, 07:21:12 PM »
I had an issue a couple of weeks ago. Camped in a NP just out of Lithgow in NSW with a group of friends. We all spread out a bit to give each other space as the camp ground is MASSIVE. I come back from a wood run to find a couple with 2 young kids set their family dome tent up right beside me. Mum comes over and says they're sorry for being so close as there was an ants nest that they wanted to give some space. I say no worries as I'll be hanging out at the communal area with my mates 50 metres away so no problem. Big problem when the next morning the 2 young ones start having bike races outside my camper at dawn. No apologies from mum then. It's not just the boozed up young people that can spoil a weekend so a lesson learnt for me.

Offline trinityalyce

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Bulldust & Back Roads
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2019, 07:13:11 AM »
Another vote for YouCamps!

If I want zero crowds, I’m happy to pay (at least a certain amount!). Never had to deal with rowdy crowds at a legitimate YouCamp property (I say that because I’ve seen some places that are listed elsewhere popping up on there - not sure YouCamp would be happy with that!)

I’m one of those people who goes camping for the peace and quiet, to get away from the big smoke for a bit. Last thing I want is to put up with rowdy crowds...

That said, I’ve also had zero issues when I’ve camped at pubs, free camps when touring, etc.

Peak periods at popular spots are the only times I’ve dealt with this - Gordon Country years ago at Easter (it rained, and that brought out the idiots who thought they’d take on the campsite tracks in 2WD like a bull at a gate... ), and National Parks/etc at any public holiday (dogs off lead causing trouble, yahoos yelling/“singing” and playing obnoxious music at full volume all night, driving drunk, etc.) That’s when we book a YouCamp instead now!
Trinity (+ James + Mister Dog)
'04 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Wagon + '06 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Coil Cab Ute + '18 Ultimate Xplor GT Camper

www.bulldustandbackroads.com