Author Topic: 4WD Related T-shirts, etc.  (Read 4060 times)

Offline trinityalyce

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Bulldust & Back Roads
4WD Related T-shirts, etc.
« on: November 17, 2017, 11:55:10 AM »
I started a little online t-shirt store with a few four-wheel-drive related designs. While there's a few people out there doing stuff like this I found a lot of their designs didn't suit us (some are pretty crude...), and there was a very limited range available for all of us ladies! The plan is to add more designs every few months (when I get time to create them!) and keep the range male and female.

The store can be found here: http://bulldustandbackroads.thetshirtmill.com.au

I'm open to suggestions on designs and styles. Actually... I'd LOVE suggestions for designs and styles! The whole idea behind this store was to try to deliver something that fitted with the four-wheel-drive and camping lifestyle, was comfortable for travelling, and that people actually want to wear. We couldn't get what we wanted, so I decided to make some stuff up myself! LOL!

So... for those of you who WOULD buy clothing like this, what styles would you prefer? (Please don't say "cheaper hoodies" - they are ridiculously expensive but I included a few anyway for the sake of being complete!)

Here's a snapshot of a few options with the design I uploaded this morning:

Trinity (+ James + Mister Dog)
'04 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Wagon + '06 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Coil Cab Ute + '18 Ultimate Xplor GT Camper

www.bulldustandbackroads.com

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: 4WD Related T-shirts, etc.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 12:09:09 PM »
Personally I'd make the 4wd more generic to appeal more to the non Patrol owners...as someone that has no intention of owning a Patrol, it is a turn off straight away for me. If you plan to design other makes into your range then I'd say it might be ok then. Other then that, I think you are on a winner with that Girl Driven range, can see it be appealing to some of the ladies.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 12:18:27 PM »
Personally I'd make the 4wd more generic to appeal more to the non Patrol owners...as someone that has no intention of owning a Patrol, it is a turn off straight away for me. If you plan to design other makes into your range then I'd say it might be ok then. Other then that, I think you are on a winner with that Girl Driven range, can see it be appealing to some of the ladies.

jeez Mal, thought you'd want to come up in the world............can see you proudly wearing a patrol around the job site.......... ;D ;D ;D

Seriously tho, top idea but leave the Patrol on (it'll piss my missus off as she is a Toymota girl  >:D >:D )

2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline trinityalyce

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Bulldust & Back Roads
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 12:34:49 PM »
LOL!  ;D The Patrol was just an easy choice because I could use our car as a base for the design (still learning how to use this $40 graphics tablet I bought from Aldi and the Illustrating program I have! Having a photo to sketch from handy definitely helped!). Eventually I'd like to expand it to offer different, popular car makes. The description for the Patrol design does specify that it's for Patrol owners. :)

If anyone wants to offer up clear photos of their cars (side and front views) for me to use, well, we might have some other models in the store a bit sooner! ;)

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated. :D
'04 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Wagon + '06 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Coil Cab Ute + '18 Ultimate Xplor GT Camper

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 04:29:50 PM »
jeez Mal, thought you'd want to come up in the world............can see you proudly wearing a patrol around the job site.......... ;D ;D ;D
just the thought of it makes me feel dirty enough to need a long hot shower :( ;D
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 06:59:20 PM »
30 years ago I got a t shirt  from a shop in Cairns which was my fav for many years.
It feature a HiLux from the rear with the taigate displaying the raised Toyota lettering and behind it a kangaroo in caricature that had been hit by said HiLux with the cartoon balloon comment "Oh what a feeling" coming from kangaroo mouth.

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 08:41:36 AM »
Probably even a bit longer ago, I saw one that had a Cruiser stalled in the middle of a creek, with all it's doors open & the bonnet up, while a Patrol & (I think) Pajero sat on each bank laughing.

That was also captioned "Oh what a feeling" >:D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 12:06:09 PM »
                         Oh a Wetter Feeling                     :cheers: :laugh:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 09:17:22 AM »
                         Oh a Wetter Feeling                     :cheers: :laugh:

:cup:

>:D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 08:34:16 AM »
just the thought of it makes me feel dirty enough to need a long hot shower :( ;D

Is that a subliminal thought that you ARE a Datsun lover............. ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline trinityalyce

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Bulldust & Back Roads
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 10:16:05 AM »
Not sure if anyone would be interested in this stuff, but added some new designs and gear to our little t-shirt store.

If anyone has suggestions for designs and/or types or styles of gear you'd actually consider buying let me know. Always keen for suggestions and input. :)

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 11:56:11 AM »
Making shirts is hard as we all have different tastes.

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia