Author Topic: Storage Solutions  (Read 1707 times)

Offline UNI

• Learning the Ropes
  • Camping, Canoeing, Hike/Backpacking
    • ORCC Off Road Camping Club
Storage Solutions
« on: February 13, 2012, 04:18:52 AM »
One of the things we added to the Jeep after the roof rack system, was rear storage.  We removed the rear seat and added a rear shelf system and H/D floor mat.  This has really helped to organize the back.   Since this pic was taken, we've added Cargo Webbing, Gun Safe & Roll Bar Storage Bags to the inside/back of the Jeep....

Just curious, what have you done for extra vehicle storage?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 04:22:42 AM by UNI »
The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom. Theodore Roosevelt

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
Re: Storage Solutions
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 06:00:24 AM »
Looks great UNI, but not sure how we would go over here with a gun safe.

In most Oz states you have to be able to replace the seats for registration purposes so additional storage is less permanent and usually restricted to shelving that allows for extra flat space.

That's a pity as yours looks tremendous.
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline UNI

• Learning the Ropes
  • Camping, Canoeing, Hike/Backpacking
    • ORCC Off Road Camping Club
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 09:32:03 AM »
Posted by: HEM19X - Looks great UNI, but not sure how we would go over here with a gun safe.

Here is the gun safe I was talking about, we keep our pistol or valuables in it when out of the vehicle. 
I mounted this Aries Security Box on the rear right side wall, below the shelf unit, in the back of the Jeep.

I like it because you can purchase a couple of sleeves, move the safe box from the vehicle and  then to the camper.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:44:11 AM by UNI »
The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom. Theodore Roosevelt

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 09:43:39 AM »
Sweeeet!

2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]