Author Topic: How do you organise your Drifta DPOR?  (Read 1753 times)

Offline kiwi_camper

• Tent User
How do you organise your Drifta DPOR?
« on: June 01, 2013, 08:59:21 AM »
We are a couple of days away from receiving our new Drifta DPOR and I was wondering how others organise theirs. We have a lot of stuff in our current kitchen set up because I love to cook, even when we are away camping and my husband loves to eat!

I'm pleased about the extra space it will create in the kitchen area and I'm sure it will cut down on set up time but I was wondering what other people do to maximise their space.

I was thinking of getting some plastic tubs to put in the area under the return bench- though not sure what size tubs or how many will fit there. This also means extra tubs to carry in the CT.

I have some big pots so I may need to buy some smaller more compact ones. Are there any people can suggest that they use?

I'm interested to see how other people organise their kitchens to get some ideas and photos of your Drifta DPOR kitchens would also be great.

Thanks for your help.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

Offline MarkVS

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: How do you organise your Drifta DPOR?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 09:22:18 AM »
Kiwi,

You'll love it.

we use the left hand end as our pantry. I have made some slide out timber shelfs so you can put stuff on them, and pull them out so you can see and get at everything easily, as well as the stuff on the far left (you will know what I mean when you get your kitchen). We wrote the names of things on top of the containers etc so you can see from the top when you pull the shelfs out.

We took the view that we wanted to cut down on kitchen stuff outside the DPOR....idea being that you are putting stuff away as you use it..so packing up should simply be closing up and putting away...so we changed our pots and pans to make sure they fit in the available space. We changed our plates/cups to fit in the available space.
So far we have been able to keep everything reasonably contained...If we are staying somewhere for a long period, then we tend to 'spread' out a bit....

MarkVS
2020 Patrol Series 5
2015 Complete Campsite Exodus 14

2013,2015,2017 National Meet
Survivor 2013 McGirr Across the Gulf trip
2014 McGirr Cape trip
2016 Duggie Savannah trip
2018 McGirr Kimberley

For every situation you have 3 choices. Live with it, change it, or leave it. But only pick one