Author Topic: AFL 2019...  (Read 36981 times)

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: AFL 2019...
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2019, 08:17:41 AM »
As a non ALF watcher can I ask....after seeing it on the news just now, are your players seriously getting upset that fans are booing some of them?....how soft are modern football players these days if that's the case...lol...maybe they need to start giving them points on the ladder for losing a game also, wouldn't want the poor things getting upset they missed out on competition points that the other team got  ;D ;D
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline lukeycat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2019, 09:34:08 AM »
As a non ALF watcher can I ask....after seeing it on the news just now, are your players seriously getting upset that fans are booing some of them?....how soft are modern football players these days if that's the case...lol...maybe they need to start giving them points on the ladder for losing a game also, wouldn't want the poor things getting upset they missed out on competition points that the other team got  ;D ;D

I have no issue with booing during the game but to boo a bloke who’s being awarded the Anzac medal for clearly being the best player on the ground is a disgrace. I don’t go for either team but seeing the Essendon supporters boo like that during a presentation is pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2019, 09:48:18 AM »
Time and place for booing. Anzac day during an Anzac medal presentation is poor form.

I wonder what Jobe Watson thought of the booing.....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2019, 11:53:30 AM »
I have no issue with booing during the game but to boo a bloke who’s being awarded the Anzac medal for clearly being the best player on the ground is a disgrace. I don’t go for either team but seeing the Essendon supporters boo like that during a presentation is pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ahh ok, so was during the medal presentation this happened hey...that’s not on and very poor form. Must have missed that bit on the news, I thought they were just booing during general play going by the news report I half saw.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2019, 12:57:11 PM »
ahh ok, so was during the medal presentation this happened hey...that’s not on and very poor form. Must have missed that bit on the news, I thought they were just booing during general play going by the news report I half saw.
Was during play caused by a couple of pathetic umpiring decisions late in the game and it spilled over into the medal presentation, was disappointing that it did, but if the AFL want to stop booing then they need to do something about the quality of the umpires, they are so full of their own self importance I think they believe we go to the games to watch them, no excuse tho it was poor form by the Bombers fans and yes I am a Bombers supporter and no I didn't boo during the presentation but did at the crap umpiring decisions during the game, wasn't much better when we walked across the road to the Storm/Warriors game but at least we won that one, just, still there was some very poor decisions in that game too.

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2019, 01:01:28 PM »
Was during play caused by a couple of pathetic umpiring decisions late in the game and it spilled over into the medal presentation, was disappointing that it did, but if the AFL want to stop booing then they need to do something about the quality of the umpires, they are so full of their own self importance I think they believe we go to the games to watch them, no excuse tho it was poor form by the Bombers fans and yes I am a Bombers supporter and no I didn't boo during the presentation but did at the crap umpiring decisions during the game, wasn't much better when we walked across the road to the Storm/Warriors game but at least we won that one, just, still there was some very poor decisions in that game too.

I reckon players make a 100 times more mistakes in a game than a umpire.....oh that’s right umpires (as they are called in AFL) are humans as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2019, 01:30:36 PM »
I reckon players make a 100 times more mistakes in a game than a umpire.....oh that’s right umpires (as they are called in AFL) are humans as well.

Never said anything about them making mistakes, it's the piss poor decision making process after they have made a mistake. Making mistakes, or which team makes the least amount of mistakes is part of what we go to see, isn't it, in any sport

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2019, 01:42:37 PM »
I don't barrack for either of yesterdays teams but I will say that was the poorest exhibition of umpiring seen this year. The number of plainly wrong decisions and non decisions was staggering. If this was meant to be a " premier" game on the AFL calendar it was let down by the umpiring.
The worst decision made by the AFL was miking the umpires, they need to umpire and not coach, if they tell a player to move back, tell them once and then penalise the the player if they don't comply.
A good game is generally when you don't notice the umpires.
Razor Ray sure loves the sound of his own voice.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2019, 01:55:40 PM »
I don't barrack for either of yesterdays teams but I will say that was the poorest exhibition of umpiring seen this year. The number of plainly wrong decisions and non decisions was staggering. If this was meant to be a " premier" game on the AFL calendar it was let down by the umpiring.
The worst decision made by the AFL was miking the umpires, they need to umpire and not coach, if they tell a player to move back, tell them once and then penalise the the player if they don't comply.
A good game is generally when you don't notice the umpires.
Razor Ray sure loves the sound of his own voice.
Yep, that's it in a nutshell Pottsy.
Still went to two great footy games on the one day, one of my team's just lost and one of them just won, saw two great tributes to our diggers,  I'm happy

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2019, 08:24:54 PM »
Quote from: weeds

few more players than umpires. Shit decisions cost games - in any 'sport'... I don't give 2 Shits about either team from last nights game, but listening to it on the radio -when all teh players stop playing as they know a free kick should have been paid, and its not - there is something extremely wrong with the umpires.

The commentators were nearly having strokes "Surely this time its a free kick" but alas no... They were pissing themselves laughing at the level of umpiring - something is very wrong.

Shame that everyone is talking about the umpiring and booing (as if booing is anything new) - and not ANZAC day itself and the amazing spectacle that it was
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2019, 12:10:14 PM »

few more players than umpires. Shit decisions cost games - in any 'sport'... I don't give 2 Shits about either team from last nights game, but listening to it on the radio -when all teh players stop playing as they know a free kick should have been paid, and its not - there is something extremely wrong with the umpires.

The commentators were nearly having strokes "Surely this time its a free kick" but alas no... They were pissing themselves laughing at the level of umpiring - something is very wrong.

Shame that everyone is talking about the umpiring and booing (as if booing is anything new) - and not ANZAC day itself and the amazing spectacle that it was

Spot on Bird, the Anzac tribute was great, but well and truly  over before the booing started.

Do I detect a very tiny amount of sympathy for the Bombers, hahahaha, duck for cover macca

Offline Bigpickle

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2019, 11:17:57 PM »
I'm completely over these theme weekends and their associated BS.
ANZAC theme, donate donate, Good Friday theme, donate donate, Rainbow theme, Respect theme, Indigenous theme, and so on................
How about a plain and simple football theme weekend and forget the BS.

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2019, 10:07:49 AM »
I'm completely over these theme weekends and their associated BS.
ANZAC theme, donate donate, Good Friday theme, donate donate, Rainbow theme, Respect theme, Indigenous theme, and so on................
How about a plain and simple football theme weekend and forget the BS.

I’m with you, happy for one game over a weekend to be dedicated to a cause....but all game and every team across the weekend does drags on.

Good thing I only have free to air.....otherwise I’d be sucked into watching every game

Offline Bigpickle

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2019, 03:20:08 PM »
Especially the ANZAC commemorations. ANZAC Day was last Thursday. Fine with the Bombers/Pies ceremony and carry on on but, today, I will sit down to watch the Eagles/Cats match and the same rubbish will be rolled out.
It is 4 days past ANZAC Day for gawd's sake. The rum and milk has been drunk, 2 up played and the hangover is gone but the AFL insists we must continue to have the false ceremonies foisted on us.

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2019, 03:41:13 PM »
agreed, like playing the National Anthem at every finals game, not wanted or needed.
Save it for the Grand Final.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2019, 04:26:08 PM »
Just watching a bit of the Hawks/Carlton game.  By the looks of it I,ll be cutting my wrists....Stuffed if I know why the hawks are Shite this year...... :'( :'(
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2019, 05:06:50 PM »
Hope you've got a needle and thread, half way thru third quarter and they're back in the hunt.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2019, 06:04:55 PM »
Hope you've got a needle and thread, half way thru third quarter and they're back in the hunt.

5 point win...never doubted them.....lol   :angel:
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2019, 09:56:54 AM »
Quote from: Bigfish
Just watching a bit of the Hawks/Carlton game.  By the looks of it I,ll be cutting my wrists.

It was never in doubt we'd lose.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2019, 01:14:23 PM »
Rocket Eade in teh coaches box.. very calm.. They call it passion.. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT safe for work..
NOT safe for work..
NOT safe for work..
NOT safe for work..

https://www.facebook.com/nuffies/?hc_location=ufi
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline lukeycat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2019, 08:58:07 PM »
Rocket Eade in teh coaches box.. very calm.. They call it passion.. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT safe for work..
NOT safe for work..
NOT safe for work..
NOT safe for work..

https://www.facebook.com/nuffies/?hc_location=ufi

Soo soo funny Bird who would be a coach lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Kangaron

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2019, 11:21:20 PM »
Chicken Wings anyone?
Worth 4 weeks in my opinion.
A weak gutless act.

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2019, 09:14:26 AM »
Did you see the complete footage or just this frame?

If you see the complete footage I think Jack realised what he was doing and quickly released his grip.

And no I am not a Tigers supporter, just think this pic doesn't show it in context.

Offline Kangaron

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2019, 10:26:49 AM »
I called it as I was watching the game, the reason I came to my conclusion was the length of time he carried on with it, so disagree there Pottsy.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2019, 10:57:17 AM »
Quote from: Kangaron
I called it as I was watching the game, the reason I came to my conclusion was the length of time he carried on with it, so disagree there Pottsy
yea it wasn't a 2 second thing... also saw it live, he held it there a while
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home