Author Topic: Hey All  (Read 4376 times)

Offline Beepa

• Tent User
Hey All
« on: July 17, 2016, 02:36:47 PM »
Hi, yep we are another new member (from Brisbane) to Myswag, we have been trawling through the forums for 6mths or so, ever since we made the decision to finally by a camper trailer. So first up thanks to all who post here because it greatly influenced us in which direction to go in buying a trailer and estimating our solar needs etc. We decided to go for a Camel Beachcomber Plus with the basic kitchen, standard tent etc. We got a few extras but finances were tight so we didn't go too crazy, we took advantage of the EOFY thing and on the money we saved are getting the trailer gusseted and gal dipped. I decided to do the electrics myself (how expensive are batteries/solar!!!!$2k for cold beer and noisey CPAP) so I will be busy when the trailer arrives. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the first time I drag it into a campsite at Main beach Straddie. Fingers crossed the old 75 series cruiser has the guts to make the campsite entry.
Humping a Camel Beachcomber Plus.

KingBilly

Re: Hey All
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 02:40:18 PM »
Welcome to myswag.  Congrats on the new Camel  :cup:  Enjoy Straddie

Happy camping
KB
The following users thanked this post: Beepa

Offline Rob C

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • North Coast Campers
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 04:11:32 PM »
Welcome Beepa,

The money will be well worth it when you reach for a coldie.

Rob
Nissan Patrol Y62-2023 & North Coast Camper XLT

Offline sol

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 05:16:56 PM »
G'day and welcome Beepa
Congrats on the camper mate. :cup:

:cheers:
Make everyday count!!!
2015 Holden Colorado 7
New Age Manta Ray 16'6 Deluxe

CokeBottle

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 07:02:13 PM »
Welcome from another newbie

Dave

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 01:55:57 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, a great combo will get you out and about. Keep us updated on the mods as the progress, 12v is our specialty  >:D

GG

Offline Beepa

• Tent User
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 07:24:40 PM »
Thanks GGV8Cruza. I haven't started 12v install yet, was waiting on repairs, been a bit shell shocked with Camel closing no warranty etc  >:( >:( >:(  Looks like I have to pay for canvas repairs on a never used camper myself. Ahhh but ya get that on big jobs. I've gotta squeeze in 2 x 130AH Agm's, Ctek dual charger, 2 x solar inputs one on draw bar, one near kitchen, projecta 25A 240v charger, 600W inverter, baintec 6 pole fuse block etc. Have 2 x 200W solar panels to play with trying to stop the "solar death spiral."(yes 20a max for Ctek so I'm betting on losses) I have been going camping at Straddie since I was a kid so setting up for 7 days plus with no driving/external 240v is a must (generator is next on the list). I will run 16mm twin(solar)from truck battery to Ctek via anderson plug then to fuse block. From fuse block I see no need to run solar/automotive cable for final sub circuits as they will be fixed and run in Anaconda conduit, so 6mm twin xlpe for them. I'm still contemplating the 240v circuit for the Cpap unit fed from the inverter, seems much easier/cheaper just to tag on an extension lead rather than another sub board/double pole breakers etc. Oh and a fire extinguisher or two. ;D ;D

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 07:40:03 AM »
Welcome to Myswag Beepa
Cheers Terry.

2014 Toyota Prado, 2018 Jayco Expanda Outback

Offline Beepa

• Tent User
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 01:43:42 PM »
Finally broke the Camel in, and broke it of course (also broke the Cruiser) but all was good, 4000k's plus including the 200km return dirt road to Stanage.

Offline Mangrovematt

• Tent User
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 02:41:38 PM »
Broke the Camel in hey, did u get crabs..........(in Stanage bay) Nice work getting out there Beepa, hope the breakages aren't to bad,  any photos of the new pride and joy
LC 79 Dual cab ,  Camel beachcomber x4 humps

Offline Beepa

• Tent User
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 06:34:26 AM »
Couple of pics, first is new Camel empty, second and third id electricals I put in and fourth is Notch point. Camel tent was always hard to pack up, we thought it was normal and we were doing something wrong but on our second night I noticed one of the Struts on the tent had popped off and bent it's mount. After having a look I can't compress the Strut at all so off it came, made packing up a breeze. The Strut is 600n so I'm thinking about replacing both struts with 300n and see how we go (can't even talk to someone at Camel about it grrr). And the Cruiser, well that's my fault, 10yrs ago I bought new Springs for my then Troopy choosing a lighter spring for the rear. Before I sold the Troopy I swapped the Springs with the shagged ones on my current ute, all good until you load it up, whack on a CT and drive 4000kms...New constant 400kg-600kg rear springs are in the mail.