Author Topic: hi from perth  (Read 8597 times)

Offline markandgill

• Learning the Ropes
Re: hi from perth
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 05:26:51 PM »
well we finally recieved our ct from pinnacle campers what a beauty
 on first inspection and set up of the main tent
 (easy setup  first time took 10 mins and no threats of divorce)
we are very happy with our purchase
 i will spend the next week or 2 striping every nut and bolt and applying lock tite and some extra pinchweld to the doors and trailer base to keep dust out and repack the wheel bearings with marine grade grease and add the bearing buddies that are waiting on my bench to be fitted
my only complaint so far is the incorrect use of a nipple with a washer for the gas bottle hose to the rear of trailer it needs a bulkhead type fitting because at the moment the hose fitting is done up tight but the hose is lose and not seated on the nipple due to the washer  being added to hold it in position and
the 200ah battery was not secured just held on the sides with a tin bracket and tec screwed in it was a after thought buy the look of it
the do35 hitch is a dream so easy to use its a great product
the electric water pump is good and only flows 4l a min great for kids
apart from that it looks to be a ripper and we are very happy
 we have already slept 2 nights in it in the back yard with the kids they are so keen to use it and couldnt wait for easter
my brake controller will be fitted next week in the patrol and hope fully ill be finished playing with the nuts and bolts and take it down for rego

Hey thats great news.....I never got the do35 hitch as i thought i'd give the orac a try out first.....if it prooves to awkward i'll get the do35.

Pity about the gas hose.....but hey.....if thats the only problem then thats not too bad at all.

We are picking ours up from Brisbane on friday and we can't wait!!

Mark

Offline trekkn

• Tent User
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 08:15:11 PM »
today i pulled apart both wheel bearings left side was a bit loose and the brakes on the right side were adjusted to tight both sides had very little grease in them so i washed the old grease out of the bearings and hubs and repacked the bearings and hubs fitted the hubs and readjusted both brakes and re run the park brake cable on the inside of the draw bar

dropped out the water tank to check what type of breathers are used but there was 2 empty threaded holes with dust caps in them so i will flush the tank and buy some breathers

the gas hose is fixed and doesnt leak at the nipple

thats enough for today

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2011, 10:23:32 PM »
G'day & Welcome.

Anyone who loves camping with their kids will fit right in here.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails