Author Topic: Boat Loader on a Cub Camper  (Read 6272 times)

Offline StevenB

• Tent User
Boat Loader on a Cub Camper
« on: December 10, 2012, 04:52:57 PM »
I've been looking at buying a tinny and would like to set up our Cub Supamatic with a boat loader and fold up trailer.

Does any one have the cub boat loader? What do you think of it?

Where have you mounted the outboard?
2015 LC200 GXl with KDSS
2017 Drifta DOT6 DOT216 "Blue DOT"

Offline 4runnernomore

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Boat Loader on a Cub Camper
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 07:20:19 PM »
G'Day Stephen B,

I have the CUB boat loader on my CUB Spacematic.

Overall I am  happy with it for what
I purchased it for. I had a few issues with pulling it across off the camper when trying to open up the camper and that was with no weight. it went back to CUB a few times before it was fixed satisfactorily.

Big negative. have fun fitting in a caravan park site with the rack fitted an deploying your awning.

other negatives is opening the camper at home or any wear really because of the space it takes up if you want to perform maintanence.

I don't have a outboard motor rack fitted because I did not have the room on my drawbar. see my thread for photos and some detail of the stuff I had done at the same time. http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=2185.2

IT makes unloading a lot easier when we take our kayaks with us and I want to eventually put in a mesh inner so I can carry space cases or extra gear on a really long trip.

To pull the boat rack across with a boat or kayaks etc you will need to remove the adjustable legs of the floor (front one in my case) so the boat or vessel will pull across. You need to ensure your jockey wheel tyre is inflated so will need a pump on board.  The jockey wheel bearings although greasable are exposed to the elements.

You need to ensure that the rack is fully pulled back before deploying your canvas otherwise it can get caught on the canvas and tear.

The rack itself is removable but you need to leave all he other relaed braketry fitted.

Hope that helps.

cheers, Chris