Author Topic: Bike Beaks  (Read 1660 times)

middojnr

Bike Beaks
« on: September 26, 2011, 09:06:27 PM »
Howdy crew.

Yes, I know it's been a while since I posted on this forum but the Minister for War and Finance decided that she needed more pairs of shoes (like, 200 pair isn't enough, already?) so she sent me out to get a "real" job, whatever that is. . .

SO, we're off on a holiday in a few short weeks and the two sparkly new pushbikes (a mountain bike for me, a flat-barred road bike for the Boss) are planned to go along, also. Debate rages about how we get them there.

There are some bike beaks that slip under the tow ball but are an inverted V shape so you can still connect a trailer to the connection point (in our case, a DO35 off-road hitch) and this seems to be the favoured method by her ladyship. I am frightened that, on full lock, I am going to bend either the bikes, the car, the trailer, or - my luck - all four...

My opinion, however much that may count, is to get a hitch receiver style beak that slots nicely into the hitch receiver built into the back of our Lifestyle Extenda Elite CT. Firstly, I'm worried we're not going to get a beak with a long enough hitch receiver arm to clear the rear-mounted spare wheel of the CT. But secondly, her royal high&mightiness claims to have damaged bicycles when attached to an older Jackeroo.

(Telling her that attaching a bike beak to a Jackaroo to start with didn't meet with the giggles I was expecting.)

Anyway, please post your opinion and, remember:  :worthles:

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Bike Beaks
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 10:41:47 AM »
plenty of threads in the last 2 weeks on bike racks with heaps of photo options, have a look back a few pages.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home