Author Topic: new camper  (Read 1232 times)

Offline corynmelnkids

• Tent User
new camper
« on: May 20, 2012, 09:26:22 PM »
Hopefully if all goes well we will be placing an order for a new Cub Brumby at the Maitland camping show next weekend.
Has anyone got any feedback on the Cub Brumby plus Cub themselves.
2003 Toyota Prado Turbo dsl
Cub Supamatic Escape Offroad
Stacer 349 Cartopper with a Suzuki 5hp 4 stroke
All set now for a big trip just need the money
and time off work.

Offline jatt

• Tent User
Re: new camper
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 08:28:29 PM »
Think I have posted up a reply somewhere on the forum about what I have seen regarding potential issues wrt hard floor campers.  In case I missed something.

Any press studs need a PVC backing on them as canvas will shrink over time. The resulting cause of course is u will struggle to get them all to fit where they should.  This backing of course is not an iron clad saviour, but it certainally helps.

This unit should have adjustable bows for the canvas tent.  My advice is (for all it worth) if it does not, then insist on them.

Always take care when fold/unfolding the clamshell, the canvas can be under a lot of stress.  Just ask the bod I saw who put a large tear just above the hinge between the two camper halves.   Its still a case of having to take the whole canvas off to fix (lotsa screws).  His saving grace was the damage was close to where a machine could easily access and the canvas was relatively new.

Not trying to turn one off buying a clamshell, just one needs to take care.  Money is better spent on beer than repairs I recon.
Lockwood Canvas Repairs.   

Sure it looks easy, unless your the poor bugger who actually has to do the job.

Offline WaituiRob

• "Oldies still doing it.....Camping that is!
  • Soft Floor Camper User
Re: new camper
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 10:28:42 PM »
Hi Corey,

There is a Cub Club thread on here which has plenty of info. 8)

http://myswag.org/forum/index.php?topic=16657.0

Cheers, Robyn.