Author Topic: Macintyres campground access  (Read 2107 times)

Offline 6knights

• Soft Floor Camper User
Macintyres campground access
« on: April 07, 2019, 09:40:43 AM »
Hi all

Does anyone know if i  can get to  Macintyres  campground in the Brindabella's from the north? Otherwise it look's like a trip right into Canberra then out again.

I am thinking of turning off at Yass then around past Wee Jasper then south to the campsite, I have read that the access is closed from the north so I am trying to find out for sure before we think about going that way.

Thanks
2006 100 series towing a 2012 modcon HFA  🙂

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Macintyres campground access
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 11:27:49 AM »
I haven't been there for a few years. but, last time I was there you could see a track across the river. But it was blocked off.
Lovely spot.
Keith
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline 6knights

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 01:23:58 PM »
Thanks keith
 I would be turning off before we cross the river at Wee Jasper and follow the Coodravale road which then leads to Folly trail so we wouldn't need to cross the river.

Offline Johnnos3003

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 01:00:51 PM »
Hi all

Does anyone know if i  can get to  Macintyres  campground in the Brindabella's from the north? Otherwise it look's like a trip right into Canberra then out again.

I am thinking of turning off at Yass then around past Wee Jasper then south to the campsite, I have read that the access is closed from the north so I am trying to find out for sure before we think about going that way.

Thanks

If you want to enter from the north you need to use Doctors Flat Road off Wee Jasper Road, then turn off Doctors Flat onto Webs Ridge road follow down to Waterfall trails onto McIntyres Trail.

Thanks keith
 I would be turning off before we cross the river at Wee Jasper and follow the Coodravale road which then leads to Folly trail so we wouldn't need to cross the river.

I believe Coodravale and Folly are gated but have not tried those trails.

Please check the Brindabella National Park Web site as I believe Mc Hut was or still is recently closed, also there was a significant increase in vehicle traffic over the summer that has caused damage to Waterfall Trail and Gentle Anne Trail due to the area being used by 4wd novices from Canberra. 

Offline 6knights

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 08:57:55 PM »
If you want to enter from the north you need to use Doctors Flat Road off Wee Jasper Road, then turn off Doctors Flat onto Webs Ridge road follow down to Waterfall trails onto McIntyres Trail.

I believe Coodravale and Folly are gated but have not tried those trails.

Please check the Brindabella National Park Web site as I believe Mc Hut was or still is recently closed, also there was a significant increase in vehicle traffic over the summer that has caused damage to Waterfall Trail and Gentle Anne Trail due to the area being used by 4wd novices from Canberra.

Thanks for the info, l will make a few calls and find out what the go is before we head off.

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 09:26:42 PM »
Please report back and fill us all in.
Keith
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.