Author Topic: Jayco 2014 eagle winder  (Read 2680 times)

Offline brianvicki

• Swag User
Jayco 2014 eagle winder
« on: April 21, 2018, 04:01:05 PM »
I am looking at creating a winder to use on my Ryobi drill, by using a new length of square tube and mode icy the end to use for a socket.
What size would be suitable for the tubing to fit... the handle is 23mm, what size would be on the camper where the winder goes in ?

Would 20mm square be too small ?
The following users thanked this post: Craig Tomkinson

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Jayco 2014 eagle winder
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 05:55:05 PM »
Hi Brain, there was one made on here, edz mite have the link, Craig
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 07:26:57 PM »
Yep heres the pics ... Toglhot   on here made up this clamp for his jayco drill powered roof winder,  as he has medical issues . Reckons it worked a treat and good to wind down the stabilizers too .
Cant help with the sizes though sorry .
https://www.ebay.com.au/p/Jayco-Roof-Winder-Lifter-Suits-2014-Models-and-Onwards/633163790?_trksid=p2047675.m4097.l9055
From the Fleabay ad details
For sale is a brand new roof lifting tool that replaces your wind up handle and allows you to use a power drill to do the hard work . It also has a 1/2"  drive on the end so you can fit a socket to lower or raise any stabilizer leg that has a 19mm socket head such as the "alko" . It is made from stainless steel 22mm square extruded tube with a 20mm square drive and welded onto a solid stainless 1/2" hex drive spigot . It is used mainly on jayco caravans and trailers but can be used on anything that has the same size specs . You will however need a suitable power drill that has a low gear for torque required such as the 18v ryobi one tool as pictured with a 13mm Chuck (please specify in message if you have a 10mm Chuck and I will provide one to suit ? The tool is made from high grade stainless steel for strength and corrosion resistance . The tool is 510mm long and fits jayco pop top campers such as the eagle , flamingo , dove etc  from 2014 and onwards . Please see my other items to buy the pre 2014 model Note : cordless drill not included

Thanks .

« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 07:38:49 PM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "
The following users thanked this post: brianvicki

Offline brianvicki

• Swag User
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 09:40:54 AM »
Thank you for the info, went to the local steel supplier and they didn’t have 22mm square tube, gave me a small piece of 20mm which seems to do the job, so might use that

Offline brianvicki

• Swag User
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 04:53:55 PM »
Hi, this is what I finished with, 20mm square tubing, wi.th a socket embedded in the end.
Works a treat

Also use. 19mm socket for my drop down legs, life is now a bit easier...

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 05:29:02 PM »
Good stuff .. Drill a couple of shallow holes and dab a couple of spot welds in them to stop the sockets spinning ..
 Be very sure that ALL Roof latches are unclipped and clear .. Other wise say goodbye to the lift cable run pulley mountings .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "
The following users thanked this post: brianvicki