Author Topic: Hi all..  (Read 4417 times)

Offline weeksy

• Learning the Ropes
Hi all..
« on: August 13, 2015, 07:52:07 PM »
Hi guys,
  My name is Ryan, and I've been lurking around  on this forum for quit a while now. We live in South Gippsland, Vic, have 3 year old twin boys and after months of research and endless nights sitting in front of the computer, finally put a deposit on a new  Aussie Jays camper!!  We don't pick it up till November and can't wait.

This forum has been so helpful, so thank you all

Offline b1

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Hi all..
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 08:05:08 PM »
Its good here weeksy  :D hope you find it as helpful and friendly as we have.

our kids have camped since they were 6 and 8 months old. they now old enough to drive themselves and bring their friends  ;D ;D ;D
The first 50 years of my childhood have been the hardest

Offline weeksy

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 08:16:51 PM »
The wife and i used to go camping all the time (Tenting)before we had the kids and after giving it a go when with the boys were 2yrs old, decided that a camper trailer was going to be a must!! The boys loved it so we just can't wait to get out there and enjoy the great outdoors again.

Offline slydar

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 08:34:20 PM »
all I can think of when talking about kids - we're both ex-divorcees and had done our share of camping with kids, one would think enough to not want to do it again. I once camped at cotter for a month with my ex and kids while I worked in Canberra, later I lived a semi-nomadic lifestyle for a few years while I was single and when I met my partner she forced a smile when I told her I went camping often as she remembers to this day one holiday in sawtell with her and hubby (then) and three kids all sitting on luggage while three inches of water ran through the tent

so we went from my three-man dome tent to an 8x10 square oztrail (that stood up to everything nature threw at it) through carrying it all in a trailer to the camper trailer we thought we would never want - and have not looked back (except one day packing it all away in rain) - but its all part of the fun and we cant wait for warmer weather so we can get back out there now we have all the things we used to scoff at others for having (fridge/freezer instead of eskies and ice, solar power (essential), ensuite with hot water, flat screen telly...

Offline weeksy

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 08:57:14 PM »
 Well hopefully we'll get to skip the kids sitting on the luggage and three inches of water though the tent part  and enjoy the new camper!! We're looking at solar, fridge 12v and all that fun stuff now so I'm sure ill be spending a lot of time searching the endless info on this site

KingBilly

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 10:01:47 PM »
Welcome to myswag Ryan.  Congrats on the Aussie Jay  :cup:  The waiting is hard  :D

Happy camping
KB

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 10:21:03 PM »
Awesome stuff mate the Aussie j's are a good thing well done  :cheers:
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 11:40:10 PM »
Welcome to myswag Ryan. Enjoy the new camper.
Cheers Terry.

2014 Toyota Prado, 2018 Jayco Expanda Outback

Offline Trailer Bloke

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • You never know what's around the corner
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 06:51:37 AM »
Congrats on the Aussie Jays tents are ok but C T 's are much more comfortable nothing beats camping and waking up after a good nights sleep.
Cheers Jon
Toyota Kluger towing a Ezytrail Tarwin http://gallery.myswag.org/gallery/v/Trailer+Bloke/

Offline haras17776

• Sleeping Bag User
  • Time to get this show on the road....
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 08:21:15 PM »
Congrats weeksy,
We took our aussie jays on its maiden voyage last weekend and couldn't fault it. Definitely worth the wait.  Good choice.

Offline mjharps

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 04:26:58 AM »
Welcome Ryan. Enjoy myswag
Cheers,
mjharps