Author Topic: How do i sell an oldie but goldie camper trailer  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Fatburns43

• Learning the Ropes
How do i sell an oldie but goldie camper trailer
« on: October 13, 2018, 07:20:37 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to sell our oldie but goldie camper. I have it listed here and many many other sites but i can't sell it. I think because the imports have many more bells and whistles and it's hard to see that the Camel Camper is such a solid unit.
Any tips would really be appreciated as i'm keen to upgrade as we aren't travelling with the kids anymore so time to move to something suitable just for 2 people.
Cheers

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: How do i sell an oldie but goldie camper trailer
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 07:46:06 PM »
Looks well priced. Have you tried Gumtree, maybe with a lot more photos?
Gumtree worked well for me.
Keith
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.
The following users thanked this post: Fatburns43

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 07:54:05 PM »
+1 for Gumtree also. Lots of pics, add extras into the trailer also, like tarps, poles, tables, lights, lanterns anything in the garage you want to get rid of :)

Unfortunately at the moment its hard to get rid of soft-floor trailers. Just need the right person to come along at the right time.

The price you have on the trailer is a great buy for anyone, can't believe it's still there.

Have you had anyone enquire or come and inspect it yet?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cheers

Justin

Offline SEADOO

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 08:33:34 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to sell our oldie but goldie camper. I have it listed here and many many other sites but i can't sell it. I think because the imports have many more bells and whistles and it's hard to see that the Camel Camper is such a solid unit.
Any tips would really be appreciated as i'm keen to upgrade as we aren't travelling with the kids anymore so time to move to something suitable just for 2 people.
Cheers

Can't give them away mate. I've got a 2015 $22k Lifestyle Elite Walkthrough.

I'd be lucky to get $7k now. Never been off road. Only set up at Tallabuggera van park 2 weeks over Xmas since we purchased it new.

People in the $10-$20k budget want Jayco's. Nobody wants to spend anything over $10k for a tent on a trailer.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 10:30:10 PM »
Quote from: SEADOO
Can't give them away mate. I've got a 2015 $22k Lifestyle Elite Walkthrough.
I'd be lucky to get $7k now. Never been off road. Only set up at Tallabuggera van park 2 weeks over Xmas since we purchased it new.
soul destroying isn't it

Pay to get some good  professional photos taken.

but as others have said, its almost worth trading in your trailer in if they will do that anymore.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 10:32:30 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 02:54:50 PM »
Try the plethora of Facebook "buy, swap and sell" pages. Particularly in your area, it's then easy for people to share your page/add

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 08:21:40 PM »
Try putting it out the front with a sign on it with the price, or at a friend's with more passing traffic.

Had a neighbour a few years back try and sell his softfloor months later he was moving and it had to go, the other neighbour bought it from them, it sat there for a couple of years before they thought to offload it, they put it out the front and sold it within a couple of weeks, I ended up having to reverse it out for the new owner.

Moral to the story is, I think there are plenty of people who have thought about buying one but aren't actively looking, that kind of price will attract these buyers if you put it in front of them.

Offline SEADOO

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 08:55:45 PM »
Try putting it out the front with a sign on it with the price, or at a friend's with more passing traffic.

Had a neighbour a few years back try and sell his softfloor months later he was moving and it had to go, the other neighbour bought it from them, it sat there for a couple of years before they thought to offload it, they put it out the front and sold it within a couple of weeks, I ended up having to reverse it out for the new owner.

Moral to the story is, I think there are plenty of people who have thought about buying one but aren't actively looking, that kind of price will attract these buyers if you put it in front of them.

Funny you mentioned that. Wifey and I were saying we should put a for sale sign on ours when we go away to the Sunshine Coast over Xmas. It'll be all set up for all to see. Hopefully we won't have to tow it home.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 06:10:58 PM »
Other option is to put it on eBay with no reserve (but with someone else ready to get the bidding to a level your happy with if needs be) the reason I say no reserve is it gets way more people interested. I once tried to sell a mower for $1000 listed it with that starting price about 4 times with no taker's, listed it with no reserve (with some back up bidders on standby that weren't needed) it then sold for almost $1300.

Only other thing I would add is to use a listing and more importantly final value fees if possible as they can get a bit pricey.