Author Topic: Anyone Willing to do a 'Swag Inspection' -Emu Campers-Biggers Waters-Gold Coast?  (Read 2952 times)

Offline baz1

• Tent User
Hi All,

I live up in Cairns, and am just wondering if anyone will take pity on me and my geographically challenged situation (its not my fault I live in 'Gods Country' :) I am interested in buying the Emu Camper Semi Off Roader with 12 ft tent, with a stone guard, gas struts, a tool box added on. Online the trailer and tent looks great (but don't they all?!) Obviously before I sink 8K of my hard earned cash into this I would just really appreciate an opinion from someone who has seen the trailer in the flesh, and can tell me if it looks like a reasonably good quality trailer and tent.

So I am just wondering, if there is anyone who lives in the Gold Coast who would be prepared to do a 'Swag Inspection,' and drop by Emu Campers at 219 Brisbane Road, Biggers Waters, Gold Coast, to have a look at the trailer?

I just need to know if the tent and trailer look reasonably good quality, and if the company looks professional and legit, basically if you liked the look of the trailer and tent from what you saw on the Internet, after seeing it in the flesh would you buy it, and trust Emu Campers to deliver the product?

The link for the SUV Semi Off Roader Emu Campers is :

www.emucampers.com.au/family-camper-trailers-and-tents/

The link for the company which sells on behalf of Emu Campers is :

www.mycampertrailer.com.au/semi-off-road-camper-trailer-package/134-emu-suv-roader-camper-trailer.html

The link for the thread where we have been discussing this trailer is here :

www.myswag.org/forum/index.php?topic=25170.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if there is anything I can do to make it worth your while just let me know :) If there is anyone out there who can help just PM me.

Thanks,

Baz

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den

Hey Baz,

You might get lucky and find someone NOT camping on this long weekend.  Personally, I have my site picked out and are packing groceries and clothes in my mind as we speak. 

I could help out IF you are willing to wait until next Saturday (meaning the first one in October).  They've posted:  Our office address is 32401 / 9 Lawson Street, Southport, 4215, QLD, Australia. Happy camping adventures! I'm a bit closer to Brissy, but willing to go and check them out if you can bear the wait.

C'mon Swaggers ... I don't mind being pipped at the post!

Kit_e
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline baz1

• Tent User
Hi KiteKat,

Many thanks for the offer, it's very much appreciated.

How about this, if anyone can get to Emu to check the trailer out, the least I can do is give a small gift to say thank you for your time, therefore whoever, if anyone, can get out to Emu Campers (first) to check out the trailer I'll send you a $50 Dan Murphys gift card to your home address, you'll just need to PM me your name and address once you've done the deed...

www.everydaygiftcards.com.au/ViewCard?cardDesignId=8d5aa04c-77a6-4b25-a76e-7312414b569c&canHaveSubCategory=False&path=%2FCardsCatalogue%3Fpage%3D2|canHaveSubCategory%3DFalse

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
I'll see what I can do for you over the next few day's. I am very busy with work though but usually drive past there factory everyday, most days
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
Double post!
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline dungee

• Soft Floor Camper User
I had a close look at these at the Brisbane camping show this year, while they looked to be solid I didn't rate the finish and build quality as highly and some others that were available however they were well priced and looked reasonably solid.

I did hire a CT from Bayside Campers with a view to buying one and thought that for a few $K more than the Emu trailers the quality improved a lot.

I'm not affiliated with anyone and didn't buy a Bayside trailer either, I've started a build of my own...

What is your budget, it may be a good idea to stretch it a little and get something a little more robust.  As with most things you start out just wanting an average soft camper then end up a year or so later dragging it to the Cape and back.
Chris

Nothing to see here - move on.

Offline baz1

• Tent User
Old Mate thanks very much, any opinion would be very much appreciated, particularly with regards to quality and 'finish' in light of Dungees comments.

Dungee thanks for the comments also, I had a look at Bayside Campers and they do look nice, but just out of our price range. We have already done the 'spend just a Few K more' to get from the MDC trailers to the Emu trailers, unfortunately we just can't afford to go any higher, particularly as we have to throw $900 shipping on cost of the trailer.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Quote from: baz1
Old Mate thanks very much, any opinion would be very much appreciated, particularly with regards to quality and 'finish' in light of Dungees comments.
Yep  :cup: to OMate.

[/uote]Dungee thanks for the comments also, I had a look at Bayside Campers and they do look nice, but just out of our price range. We have already done the 'spend just a Few K more' to get from the MDC trailers to the Emu trailers, unfortunately we just can't afford to go any higher, particularly as we have to throw $900 shipping on cost of the trailer.[/quote] its good to stick to your guns with price.
I'll run off now, but finish by saying if you do buy it from there, take a friday/monday off work, and drive down and pickup the trailer, use the $900 on fuel, food, and a room with a view! Get them to show you how it all works in person, like putting up and putting down, and inspect it personally..

Hope it is all you dream of then GET OUT AND USE IT! :) :) :)
PS. finsh with  :worthles:
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline baz1

• Tent User
Hi Guys,

Thank you everyone for the very kind offers it is much appreciated.

I have just had a call from someone from this forum who has just dropped into Emu to check the trailers out, so it would seem we have it covered.

I will let you know how we get on, thanks again,

Baz

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den

I do so love a happy ending!  Swaggers are  :cup:

Kit_e
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog