Author Topic: The Daily Scam Thread  (Read 106140 times)

Offline Jasjul

• Tent User
Re: The Daily Scam Thread
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2013, 09:45:36 AM »
BEWARE!
You may have already received this email, its  about three failed attempts at logging into your Westpac Bank Account. Open the form and fill it in etc. We don't even have a Westpac Account. So beware!!!!
fuji

Be careful with this one.  I've also received it, again no Westpac account so immediately deleted it, but my internet security informed me that it had tried to infect my computer anyway.   >:(
Jason

Mazda BT50 and Outback Campers Tanami

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2013, 12:09:50 PM »
Sounds as though you haven't met Black Diamond ,, you lucky bloke    >:D
There are advantages to being stashed away in far flung towns in the west  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Morto

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2013, 08:10:29 AM »

The SCAM is back on Gumtree 2010 Jayco swan $13,000 I have reported to scam watch, good old Sgt Major from Darwin RAAF is back with a different name - Carolyn Gorrey this time, they sent me the exact same e-mail as they have done for others..I have been messing with these maggots for the last week giving them false hopes of cash,giving them the run around and basically wasting their time..I hope no one has fallin for this, the amazon paymet e-mail looked quite convincing...If anyone else has recieved this "quote" from them do not save to your computer as they requested there is a trojan contained within to steal personal info..

Tight Lines..Morto

Its funny when you have a hammer in your hand everything turns into a nail.

Offline Qlandr

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2014, 09:14:09 AM »
Following on from Morto's thread,
SGM Carolyn Gorrey is still listing the Jayco,
here's a message i received,

Hi again,

Thank you for your email. The total price included the delivery will be $14.000. I've told you, at this moment I am in Darwin NT in a military base, getting ready for TAS (I hope for the last time). I am doing a special training program each day and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want. The delivery will take 2 to 3 days depending on your location. Because it is a large transaction, we will complete the deal only using an authorized third part like Amazon Checkout Service coz I already prearranged the whole process with them, using their Amazon Checkout Service (bank-to-bank wire transfer).

The money will be sent to Amazon Checkout Service, before you will receive the camper trailer. So, you will deposit the payment directly into the Amazon Checkout Service bank account, either online or at most banks and they will hold and secure your money during the entire transaction. I repeat, they will hold and insure your money until receipt of the camper trailer in good condition and will release the funds to us only after you decide to keep the camper trailer and register it, into your name. If by any reason (the camper trailer has any hidden damages or is not like I describe it) you can reject the deal,in this case Amazon Checkout Service will refund you totally.

Let me know your details (full name, full address and home phone number) so I can open a transaction case with Amazon Checkout Service and declare you as buyer, they will contact you with more details, and explain better the whole process.
You must know that Amazon Checkout Service will contact you without any obligation to buy or to pay some fees.

I am looking forward to hear from you.
Regards,

SGM Carolyn Gorey
Royal Australian Air Force

PS: If need please find the swan details below.

VIN  6AM000000A1M13123
Rego 513QRN
Rego Expiry on 08/03/2014
No finance over the camper trailer

Also please find attached the copy of PPSR Certificate.

The camper will be delivered with our RAAF trailer that have transport insurance.

Offline BBwilly

• Tent User
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2014, 03:06:41 PM »
Funny thing is, since I started to use Voip and moved to ADSL+2,  I haven't had a call from the Elephant Washers..
 ;D

Used Voip for many years, one of the first with MNF anyway the only calls I got were on my telstra line I just handed them to my one year old at the time soon stopped but he enjoyed the calls :-).

Offline BBwilly

• Tent User
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2014, 03:25:11 PM »

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2014, 08:06:54 PM »
I think i just spewed a little

Shouldn't this be in the funnies section????
 ;D ;D ;D

LOL.
Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2014, 03:51:57 PM »
l have heard about a scammer that asks for no money at all ,&  will explain how the scam works . Just send cold slabs of VB to ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well it might work .. there must be somebody silly enough to fall for it  >:D    :cup:

Offline Brumbypt

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Trailers, trailers, trailers, trailers..
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2014, 07:49:28 PM »
I just got this in the email today..

-----------------------------------------------
You done a payment of $841.48 AUD to Freeman Rock.

It may take a few seconds for this transfer to show up in yourtransactions history.
Seller
Freeman.Rock@yahoo.com
Instructions to merchant
You haven't entered any instructions.
Shipping address - confirmed
Hendrerit Rd
Manlius NC 35169-4709
United States
Shipping details
The seller hasn't provided any shipping details yet.
Description   Qty.   Amount
NEW AUTHENTIC COACH LILAC LEATHER TRAVEL PICTURE FRAME
Item# 621935766671   88   $841.48 USD
Shipping and handling   $24.59 USD
Insurance - not offered   ----
Total   $841.48 USD
Payment   $841.48 USD

Payment sent to Freeman Rock   

Receipt ID: C-F306JR30313H3T1TU

Firstly, who buys a picture frame for $842, why would you buy a leather frame, and why would you need a travelling frame?

Peter,
iPad with IOS 7.0.6 using Tapatalk HD
1993 80 series landcruiser

Offline Mobi

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2014, 08:28:32 PM »
X2

Note the purchase date.
Also got a westpac email that still had the prompts for name etc still showing.
 :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:32:18 PM by Mobi »
Cat slave

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2014, 04:56:37 AM »
Not a scam however just as bad, probably worse. I am on night shift this week as well as SWMBO. Anyway a witness has come forward about a sus vehicle in my neck of the woods. They report that this vehicle was loitering around the Comm bank ATM. Local van goes out as well as the Sarge and they discover a strip of plastic with computer type cabling, camera etc above the ATM. Rip it out and sure enough it's a skimmer. SO BEWARE AND CHECK ALL ATMS BEFORE WITHDRAWING .
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎

Offline Rusty

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2014, 06:28:20 AM »
Got this email today

Have checked ebay and checked my paypal account (not through there link in email that i have changed a bit) and no payments sent or nothing bought on ebay

24 February 2014 01:14:48 AEDT
Transaction ID: 2U4293202T5478186

You sent a payment of $87.4 AUD to eBay International AG
(AU-AdCommerce-EOM@ebay.com)

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list in your Account Overview.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Merchant
eBay International AG
AU-AdCommerce-EOM@ebay.com
+61 61282880000 Instructions to merchant
You haven't entered any instructions.

Description Unit price Qty Amount

$87.4 AUD 1 $87.4 AUD
Subtotal $87.4 AUD
Total $87.4 AUD
Payment $87.4 AUD
Payment sent to AU-AdCommerce-EOM@ebay.com 

Invoice ID: 710290112
Issues with this transaction?
If you believe this is an error please follow the link below to login to your paypal account.
On the next page, please complete the required details, then press the 'Cancel Payment' button to confirm. Your payment will be cancelled and the funds returned to your PayPal account.

https://www.paypal.com/au/cgi-bin/helpweb?help

For more information on payment agreements, go to the PayPal website and click Help in the upper right corner. Then type "payment agreements" in the search box.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click Help in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, log in to your PayPal account, go to your Profile, and click Notifications.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 1999-2014 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved.

2018 200 series landcruiser
2021 Jayco silverline outback

Offline evans52

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2014, 08:01:27 PM »

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2014, 09:09:41 PM »
Just got this one

First my apology, for intruding into your email address; Being for the fact that we do not know or have meet each other before. I plead with you to patiently read through my proposal before making a decision, whether or not to partake in this business opportunity or not.
I am a staff of the Department of Public Works of the Government of South Africa. I got your contact E-mail address from a directory provided to our department by your country consulate here in my country; and I am writing you in my quest to find a neutral person from your country, on whom I can repose confidence for a transaction of this nature.
After over my Fifteen years (15yrs) working with the South African Government and receiving salaries that do not quite meet up with my bills; I finally now have the privilege and opportunity, just as many of my former colleagues had; to receive money I negotiated off a contract sum, awarded to a foreign contractor from your country, who has been paid currently of is original contract amount. As a result of the contract payment made; the amount that I negotiated off the original contract sum from the Foreign Contractor, is pending for payment with the South African offshore payment centre and fund manager's in the United Kingdom, with no beneficiary name to the funds; and virtue of my position as a staff of the government, I cannot claim these funds legally in my name or in the names of companies here in South Africa; but only with the beneficiary name of a non-residence of South Africa or a foreign company from your Country, then can I acquire the funds. Hence, that is why I have contacted you for assistance.
I need your assistance as a residence from the same Country of the original contractor to Claim the amount of US$25.5M (Twenty Five Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) I negotiated off the original Contract sum; pending for payment at the South Africa Offshore Payment fund managers in the United Kingdom.
My choice of you for this transaction is basically hanged on urgency and limitation on my part as a staff of the South African Government and I hope you will not let me down? If you can genuinely assist me claim and receive the funds in question as beneficiary to it? Kindly reply to this email address: replymanselm@gmail.com stating your interest to assist me and I shall send you details on how we may proceed to claim and receive the funds and what you shall benefit for your assistance. Note: I have sent this proposal to other individuals from your country; but they did not believe me; due to lots of false business proposal on the internet today. So I kindly ask that you have a positive mindset about this business opportunity and I promise that you will not regret your involvement; as in every fake out there, there is an original of it.
I await your response.
Best Regards
Mansel Mbeki
Phone: +27737192146 Fax: +27866089621
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2014, 01:14:45 PM »
Just had a call from a Telstra Technician telling me my computer has a virus that will close down my internet connection!  OMG.....  Well I had him of the phone for about 15 minutes while I took him and then his supervisor on a merry road of untruths.  Finally he got a bit upset with me but he was able to describe my mother’s anatomy and what she has been up to, I had no idea she was like that and what I should do to her and then he told me that I had a face like a donkey.  I thought he ort he ort he ort not call me that. I just lost it then and could not stop laughing at him as he continued his rage at me. He then hung up. I have not had that much fun for a while.  So when you get these calls, don’t hang up have some fun.   ;D  Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.
The following users thanked this post: arjay

Offline lino6

• Hard Top Camper User
  • How repugnant
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2014, 01:41:25 PM »
Apparently there has been some dodgy people in a white van running around Victoria trying to sell re-badged electrical goods. They said on the radio that they had been spotted around Shepparton over the last couple of days.
SWMBO reminds me of a Prodigy song....
Driving - Mighty 89 2.8td Rodeo
Towing - Aussie Jays Big Red (with her DMax http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=33442.0)

Offline staghornflat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2014, 04:27:40 PM »
Apparently there has been some dodgy people in a white van running around Victoria trying to sell re-badged electrical goods. They said on the radio that they had been spotted around Shepparton over the last couple of days.
Had the same thing in bunnings car park in Wodonga last week. They were trying to sell "home theatre system" to anyone that would listen.
2017 200 Cruiser
2010 KK limited edition

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2014, 04:34:24 PM »
Had the same thing in bunnings car park in Wodonga last week. They were trying to sell "home theatre system" to anyone that would listen.
Had a white van selling me a home theater system in Oxenford Bunnings car park about 2 months ago.
I said I'd give him 5 bucks and notin else.
2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2014, 04:46:19 PM »
That's not far from Nagambie. ;D
Lino and scarps, who do we know that's from Nagambie ;D
Ultimate LC79 Combo

scarps

« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2014, 05:09:29 PM »

yep, ya gotta wonder. Probably selling one of his old toasters:-)

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2014, 05:11:39 PM »
yep, ya gotta wonder. Probably selling one of his old toasters:-)
or the chair
Ultimate LC79 Combo

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2014, 07:10:56 PM »
l was saddened today when a bloke rang me with the news that he wasn't trying to sell me anything . Clearly he been into my bank account only to discover theres nothing there . Funeral insurance is his go . l Demanded that he tell me of my test results , clearly they weren't good as why would l need a funeral just yet . l know nobody gets out of this gig alive  but its a bit too early to arrange the wank as l have just layed in another 10 slabs  ( on  special )
 l had this grekin on the line pleading to be told was l going to die or not  . He hung up on me so from that l can only deduce l will live forever      ,,,,,,,,, & have to pay tax  . Such is Life  :cheers:

scarps

« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2014, 07:16:45 PM »

l was saddened today when a bloke rang me with the news that he wasn't trying to sell me anything . Clearly he been into my bank account only to discover theres nothing there . Funeral insurance is his go . l Demanded that he tell me of my test results , clearly they weren't good as why would l need a funeral just yet . l know nobody gets out of this gig alive  but its a bit too early to arrange the wank as l have just layed in another 10 slabs  ( on  special )
 l had this grekin on the line pleading to be told was l going to die or not  . He hung up on me so from that l can only deduce l will live forever      ,,,,,,,,, & have to pay tax  . Such is Life  :cheers:
well that's great news. So when's the unwake?

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2014, 07:57:36 PM »
l know nobody gets out of this gig alive  but its a bit too early to arrange the wank as l have just layed in another 10 slabs  ( on  special )

might struggle with that after 10 slabs
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline lino6

• Hard Top Camper User
  • How repugnant
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2014, 08:35:51 PM »
might struggle with that after 10 slabs

Yep more dodgy stuff there!

What colour is his rig again??
SWMBO reminds me of a Prodigy song....
Driving - Mighty 89 2.8td Rodeo
Towing - Aussie Jays Big Red (with her DMax http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=33442.0)