Author Topic: Things that have annoyed me this week  (Read 8939 times)

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
Things that have annoyed me this week
« on: May 10, 2022, 09:39:28 AM »
Two things have occurred over the last week that have annoyed me.

Car Insurance

Received the Comprehensive Insurance renewal for my daughter's car (2010 Kia Cerato) and was shocked to see that it is over $1,000. Fully understand that she is under 25 and in the insurance world is classed as high risk but you would think that considering we have multiple policies with this insurer and the fact that she has a spotless driving record that it would be a bit more reasonable. Needless to say we are looking at other options

Catalogue Specials

I am in the process of renovating an older house and am at the stage where I have removed the interior walls in the bedrooms and lounge room with a view to install insulation and then resheet. Was considering what to do about insulation when one of the hardware chains sent me a catalogue advertising some pink batts reduced from $67 down to $49. Thought this was a sign from the unknown and that this would be my pathway forward. Attempted to order 20 bags through two separate stores (in Qld and NSW) and was told the same thing being "none in our warehouse so can't order for you". I asked both stores why was there no stock if it was advertised as a sale item. No answer as they obviously didn't know. Have attempted to contact the corporate part of the organisation to ask the same question but there is no other option than that you get directed to the local store. Well I don't need to ask the local store do I as I already know their answer.
Fully understand that there is a short supply of all construction materials but why advertise something that can't be supplied?

Will go back into my box now and not engage with anyone and hopefully this week should be OK  :cup:

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
Re: Things that have annoyed me this week
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 09:47:00 AM »
I can see this thread becoming very popular....  :cheers:
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline spadge

• Swag User
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 10:39:14 AM »
I had a similar thing happen to me at a fairly well known store for Boating, camping and fishing.  I was on the hunt for a Stand Up Paddle board for the wife for Christmas.  Received a catalog with them on sale starting tomorrow.  Woohoo I thought.  Went to the shop at 7:30am opening time. Sorry sold out... do any other stores have any?  It looks like Gympie have 1.  I am in Brisbane west mind you I tried calling them sorry we can't find it.  There might be one in Nowra.... suffice to say I took my business elsewhere.  I made a complaint to the authorities and after 4 months was offered the same deal. A little late.  The authorities said there was nothing they could do as it was in stock at the time of advertising and was advertised in good faith.  What a load of bollocks.

Offline moeite

• Tent User
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 12:05:05 PM »
This week. Hmmmmm. Let's just keep it to today.

Kids in their 40's who couldn't organise a good bowel movement after a good feed of liquorice let alone their lives. "we need a couple of COVID-19 RAT's", "on the way down drop into Supercheap and get a couple of things". No "please" or "thanks" just a delivered expectation.
We're pensioners and have tested positive and they're happy and healthy. Grrrrr.
And now they want us to store more of their crap in our garage.....
Mark F...
VK3KW
2002 Discovery 2 Td5 auto
2004 Outback Sturt rear fold soft floor
Http://jandmf.com

Offline dogbox

• Swag User
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 12:20:47 PM »
I had a similar thing happen to me at a fairly well known store for Boating, camping and fishing.  I was on the hunt for a Stand Up Paddle board for the wife for Christmas.  Received a catalog with them on sale starting tomorrow.  Woohoo I thought.  Went to the shop at 7:30am opening time. Sorry sold out... do any other stores have any?  It looks like Gympie have 1.  I am in Brisbane west mind you I tried calling them sorry we can't find it.  There might be one in Nowra.... suffice to say I took my business elsewhere.  I made a complaint to the authorities and after 4 months was offered the same deal. A little late.  The authorities said there was nothing they could do as it was in stock at the time of advertising and was advertised in good faith.  What a load of bollocks.

try buying a new car the companies are paying for a lot of advertising, but no stock to sell 

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2022, 12:52:56 PM »
I can see this thread becoming very popular....  :cheers:

I see a train wreck coming up.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2022, 12:55:58 PM »
Collingwood.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Offline spadge

• Swag User
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2022, 01:13:13 PM »
Collingwood.

Isn't it what annoyed me this week????

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2022, 02:46:43 PM »
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers
I see a train wreck coming up.

it was last time...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home
The following users thanked this post: corndog

Offline Ranger_Scott

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2022, 02:56:44 PM »
Collingwood.

Why only this week?

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2022, 03:06:51 PM »
Why only this week?
For 67 years actually, so far.

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2022, 03:41:10 PM »
Two things have occurred over the last week that have annoyed me.

Car Insurance

Received the Comprehensive Insurance renewal for my daughter's car (2010 Kia Cerato) and was shocked to see that it is over $1,000. Fully understand that she is under 25 and in the insurance world is classed as high risk but you would think that considering we have multiple policies with this insurer and the fact that she has a spotless driving record that it would be a bit more reasonable. Needless to say we are looking at other options

Catalogue Specials

I am in the process of renovating an older house and am at the stage where I have removed the interior walls in the bedrooms and lounge room with a view to install insulation and then resheet. Was considering what to do about insulation when one of the hardware chains sent me a catalogue advertising some pink batts reduced from $67 down to $49. Thought this was a sign from the unknown and that this would be my pathway forward. Attempted to order 20 bags through two separate stores (in Qld and NSW) and was told the same thing being "none in our warehouse so can't order for you". I asked both stores why was there no stock if it was advertised as a sale item. No answer as they obviously didn't know. Have attempted to contact the corporate part of the organisation to ask the same question but there is no other option than that you get directed to the local store. Well I don't need to ask the local store do I as I already know their answer.
Fully understand that there is a short supply of all construction materials but why advertise something that can't be supplied?

Will go back into my box now and not engage with anyone and hopefully this week should be OK  :cup:

Hi Rodt. Understand your frustration at the item advertised being out of stock, but having spent 35 plus years dealing with the major hardware chains at a wholesale level, the catalogue you are working with now was put to bed anywhere between six to nine months ago dependent on the chain. That combined with the lead times on product manufacture being anywhere up to twelve months it’s sometimes are real juggling act for bot the wholesaler and retailer. Add the events of the past two years and you have a real cluster f….k.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2022, 05:41:54 PM »
Hi,
 Re car insurance.
Have you tried bundling all your policies into one portfolio? It saves the company a bit in management, and can cut the premium total by quite a bit.
If you are shopping about for value for $, it gives you a bit more bargaining power to have a multiple policies potential as their desired customer.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2022, 08:45:28 PM »

Yesterday I received in my email a catalogue from SCA. They advertise Bowdens Wheely Clean for $5.00 a bottle, a run out item. Dropped into a nearby store for them to say they don’t have it. Called another store who also didn’t have it and checked their system to then tell me the nearest 30 stores in Sydney didn’t have any either.

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2022, 05:58:11 PM »
Hi Rodt. Understand your frustration at the item advertised being out of stock, but having spent 35 plus years dealing with the major hardware chains at a wholesale level, the catalogue you are working with now was put to bed anywhere between six to nine months ago dependent on the chain. That combined with the lead times on product manufacture being anywhere up to twelve months it’s sometimes are real juggling act for bot the wholesaler and retailer. Add the events of the past two years and you have a real cluster f….k.

Not to mention that many of the decently discounted specials, they only order in small numbers. What happened to me a while back with S'Cheap when they had a compressor on sale, and I was first inline on the morning of a catalogue sale date, And got told.. Sorry sold out.. When I asked how that could be, I'm first in through the door? The counter guy just shrugged. So I asked how many they ordered in for the sale, and he said two, and were showing one in stock... He walked back to the shelf where they were with me, none there. But we found one of them hidden behind stuff on a different shelf. The other one was probably purchased by staff.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2022, 07:31:51 PM »
Hi,
 Re car insurance.
Have you tried bundling all your policies into one portfolio? It saves the company a bit in management, and can cut the premium total by quite a bit.
If you are shopping about for value for $, it gives you a bit more bargaining power to have a multiple policies potential as their desired customer.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

We actually do, go figure. The daughter is researching on her own and she reckons she can get the same coverage for about $700. I think I need to revisit all of my insurances

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2022, 05:46:27 PM »
Why do insurance mobs offer better deals for New Costumers, rather then long term ones?
I was under the impression it costs more to bring in new clients, than keep existing.
Or has that business model changed?

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline moeite

• Tent User
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2022, 05:54:18 PM »
Why do insurance mobs offer better deals for New Costumers, rather then long term ones?

The same question could be aimed at energy and telecommunications companies. Annoys the hell outa me... ???
Mark F...
VK3KW
2002 Discovery 2 Td5 auto
2004 Outback Sturt rear fold soft floor
Http://jandmf.com

Offline Brisbane Puff

• Tent User
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2022, 06:19:27 PM »
We actually do, go figure. The daughter is researching on her own and she reckons she can get the same coverage for about $700. I think I need to revisit all of my insurances
That all sounds a bit dear.. For what it's worth, we have always been with Shannons.. 1 Audi A6, 1 XR6 falcon ute, The LDV mega tub with around $10000.00 modifications agreed value, 1 1967 Camaro.. = just under $2000.00 a year
Puff

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2022, 07:03:48 PM »
The same question could be aimed at energy and telecommunications companies. Annoys the hell outa me... ???
Yes, we're Screwed.
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2022, 11:03:38 AM »
The Rain......
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2022, 11:10:00 AM »
Political ads on TV, radio, youtube etc  full of Shit. Wouldnt it be nice if once you heard them once you could OPT OUT of having to listen to them again
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 11:14:39 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline lloydus67

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2022, 11:36:24 AM »
Give it a week and we will all have opted out of them

Sent from me

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2022, 05:32:00 PM »
Give it a week and we will all have opted out of them

Sent from me
I dont think I'll last that long...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2022, 06:43:25 PM »
Work, end of story!  >:D Oh wait, it has been for the last few years. Bring on retirement I say and I can have a life of my own and not be fatigued all the time and enjoy life, just like Jeepers.  ;D

Foo
So long as you have tried your best, you should have no regrets.