Author Topic: The Big Dry.  (Read 6299 times)

Offline rossm

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: The Big Dry.
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2019, 12:05:01 PM »
Over here in the West we are expecting a rain event this weekend, starting with the first of a series of cold fronts tomorrow night.

The forecasters are tipping rain as far north as Exmouth and good falls into the wheatbelt.

These days I spend a bit of time at Moora, a couple of hours north of Perth. Farmers there have had no meaningful rain this year and when I was up there last week there were a lot of dry seeded paddocks and work was still in progress.

The same area had a really good season last year. Hopefully they can get enough over the next few days to get things started. and of course there is the all important follow-up as we move into winter proper.     

Good rain overnight in WA with many parts of the wheatbelt getting a welcome drink . 60mm at Steep Point even!

The rain band is  just reaching the goldfields as I type and I hope it stops there. I am off tomorrow for a trip to the Helena Aurora Range, north of Southern Cross,    and a few other spots in the goldfields.  Doesn't take much rain out there to turn dust to mud.