Author Topic: Cape York leaving Cairns 28-06-14  (Read 3400 times)

Offline Col Phillis

• Learning the Ropes
Cape York leaving Cairns 28-06-14
« on: June 12, 2014, 05:44:39 PM »
I have been watching the posts for Cape York keenly as we have been planning a Cape York trip for some time. Will be traveling with son in law and his kids so two vehicles and campers to add to the numbers heading north. Have really appreciated the trip info on the forum which has helped us greatly, have not obtained a sticker yet but will do so soon. Hope to catch up with you all to say gday along the way someplace. Col.P.

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
Re: Cape York leaving Cairns 28-06-14
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 07:28:47 AM »
Have a great trip Col, keep your grog supplies well hidden if you run into Mark & the crew!
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline Col Phillis

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 08:11:58 PM »
Thanks Hemi, we have been looking forward to this trip for quite some time cant belive its now only two week to go.
I will take heed of your warning re grog only thing I can think of is to drink it all before we bump into anyone, I have ordered stickers so hope they arrive before its time to go.
Col

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 08:33:08 PM »
Thanks Hemi, we have been looking forward to this trip for quite some time cant belive its now only two week to go.
I will take heed of your warning re grog only thing I can think of is to drink it all before we bump into anyone, I have ordered stickers so hope they arrive before its time to go.
Col

Col

Just remember the alcohol restrictions up at the tip.

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline Col Phillis

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 07:01:36 AM »
Thanks Mark, the intention is to have one carton of beer per vehicle on arrival at the tip. dont intend to stop into any mission areas on the way up.
As we have never done this trip before we were going to stop at road houses on the way up (they have all advised no need to book) and take notes of where we want to visit on the way back, we have two weeks to see what we can.

Col

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 07:29:42 AM »
As for the stickers, Brett & Jill are at Gracemere.... might be worth a PM if they don't arrive
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline Col Phillis

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 04:55:50 PM »
Took you advice and have sent a PM to Jillsy
Thanks
Col