Author Topic: I will be taking a spare/fix to the Cape that not even JK/GeoffA would have  (Read 6265 times)

Offline MarkVS

• Hard Floor Camper User
My wife(Kerry) was at the Dentist today and he was interested in our upcoming holiday (McGirr Cape Trip). He is also an avid 4WD fan and has always wanted to do the Cape.

The conversation went on, and then as Kerry was leaving, he gave her a little container with a special paste inside.

He thought just in case, it would be worth taking some temporary tooth filling such that should we get any teeth issues, we could use this until we get to somewhere that can treat it further.

Now how considerate is that.

MarkVS

2020 Patrol Series 5
2015 Complete Campsite Exodus 14

2013,2015,2017 National Meet
Survivor 2013 McGirr Across the Gulf trip
2014 McGirr Cape trip
2016 Duggie Savannah trip
2018 McGirr Kimberley

For every situation you have 3 choices. Live with it, change it, or leave it. But only pick one

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life

That's great to hear. Ask him to come along.  ;D

Tell Kerry that I have downloaded a you tube clip on how to fill teeth. I need to have a few drinks before so I don't feel any pain when I operate.

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline sschmez

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • sschmez's "Huts" photos on flickr
Excellent reminder to me that I've been meaning to order this trauma kit;

http://www.dentistinabox.com.au/

Offline The Caseys

• Tent User

David had to go to the Dentist today for a loose tooth.  Found at he need a double root canal job done.  Today was day 1 of 3 visits that is required to fix the situation.

It will take more than paste to fix this situation and nice bill of $3 000.00.

I was happy to use pliers and pull the litter bugger (I have so many things on the wish list for the truck).  It's only a tooth you have plenty of others, chew on the other side of your mouth.  I even offered to buy a blender and puree his food, but Noooooooooooo.

Anyway, he does have a nice smile with all his teeth.

Tina

Offline McGirr

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
David had to go to the Dentist today for a loose tooth.  Found at he need a double root canal job done.  Today was day 1 of 3 visits that is required to fix the situation.

I was happy to use pliers and pull the litter bugger (I have so many things on the wish list for the truck).  It's only a tooth you have plenty of others, chew on the other side of your mouth.  I even offered to buy a blender and puree his food, but Noooooooooooo.

Tina

Ouch  :'(

They know how to charge. Told my kids they should become dentists so they can support dad in the future , but  they decided to help me by spending my money.

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline MarkVS

• Hard Floor Camper User

Tina

Tina,
how inconsiderate is David....wanting to get his teeth fixed properly against getting some extras for the truck. Very selfish if you ask me.  ;D

MarkVS
2020 Patrol Series 5

2014 McGirr Cape trip
2018 McGirr Kimberley

For every situation you have 3 choices. Live with it, change it, or leave it. But only pick one

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
Sister Inlaws Father was out in the Simpson Desert and had a filling come out, he just grabbed some Araldite that he had in his repair kit and glued it back into place. He had it like that for ages from memory
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline jk

• Hard Top Camper User
Wow............. temporary tooth filling !!!!!    That's not in my kit  :-[     but we do have tooth ache drops  ;D    . ( note to self, buy temp filling paste........just in case )
2004 V8 5 speed IFS landcruiser with "ATS"

2005 Cape York Explorer Extreme with "ATS"

2012 Crusader X Country

McGirr is my Russell Coight and I'd follow him "Almost" anywhere !!!!!!

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
My wife(Kerry) was at the Dentist today and he was interested in our upcoming holiday (McGirr Cape Trip). He is also an avid 4WD fan and has always wanted to do the Cape.

The conversation went on, and then as Kerry was leaving, he gave her a little container with a special paste inside.

He thought just in case, it would be worth taking some temporary tooth filling such that should we get any teeth issues, we could use this until we get to somewhere that can treat it further.

Now how considerate is that.

MarkVS

Excellent :cup: :cup:

Will it patch holed radiators??
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
That's great to hear. Ask him to come along.  ;D

Tell Kerry that I have downloaded a you tube clip on how to fill teeth. I need to have a few drinks before so I don't feel any pain when I operate.

Mark

I'll be carrying a battery drill.......... ;D
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
I'll be carrying a battery drill.......... ;D

Don't you have false teeth?
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline MarkVS

• Hard Floor Camper User

If it was normal hole in radiator. But not a 'Geoff' hole in radiator.  ;D
2020 Patrol Series 5

2014 McGirr Cape trip
2018 McGirr Kimberley

Offline MarkVS

• Hard Floor Camper User
Wow............. temporary tooth filling !!!!!    That's not in my kit  :-[     but we do have tooth ache drops  ;D    . ( note to self, buy temp filling paste........just in case )

To think we came up with one thing you don't have....Kerry's going to feel so good.....  :cup:
2020 Patrol Series 5

2014 McGirr Cape trip
2018 McGirr Kimberley

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User

Tina

Is it bad to get a tooth pulled or something as i hear about the 3000 odd dollar root canal jobs if it was one of the back teeth would you just not get it pulled out if it is stuffed??
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline cm4x4nut

• Kimberly Kamper
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User

damn....well we tried just about every thing else we had avaialble........worth a shot  ;D
Cheers, Craig

Offline The Caseys

• Tent User

It had gone bad and abscessed and it is also near the front, so yes it has to be pulled.

Tina

Offline komaterpillar

• Tent User
Is it bad to get a tooth pulled or something as i hear about the 3000 odd dollar root canal jobs if it was one of the back teeth would you just not get it pulled out if it is stuffed??

I had a double root canal done with a crown and it never came to 3 grand, 1900 all up. I was all for just ripping the bugger out but was persuaded otherwise because apparently the teeth around the one removed will loosen and you eventually lose them aswell. So I figured since I'm only 27 I should try and keep most of them a while longer.
ALL THE GEAR, NO IDEA  ;D

The British Tug

The Chinese Trailer

Offline The Caseys

• Tent User

David is not a big fan of the dentist, actually hates them.  The cost is because they don't use drills it is all laser work.