Author Topic: which canopy  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Kennchris

• Sleeping Bag User
which canopy
« on: February 11, 2013, 12:13:56 PM »
Looking at getting a canopy for our Ford Ranger dual cab, just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on which ones to look at, one with roof racks to carry our kayaks would be good.
Thanks, Ken

Offline BobM

• Learning the Ropes
Re: which canopy
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 02:36:04 PM »
I bought a Tigerz11 2mtrx2.5mtr it came with L shaped fitting brackets which  lets me attach it below the roof rack line, our kayak carriers then fit no problem, racks are Rhino heavy duty, and kayak carriers also from Rhino.

Tigerz11 awnings are built down to a price, we've already bent one of the poles, as has a mate with his, we're going to fit heavier poles, the rest of it is good, just very thin material used for the poles.

I should explain, the poles bent during a severe rain storm over night when the awning filled up with rain, we didn't have enough run off slope but then we weren't expecting rain, the poles that bent were the horizontal ones not the verticals.

Offline camlisa

• Swag User
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 06:31:40 PM »
Got one for our dual cab navara from arb very happy well designed and built looks great on car.

Cam.

crackacoldie

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 07:14:46 PM »
I've got a Flexiglass on my Ranger.  Haven't had the water leaks that a mate had with his of another well known brand. 

I know this is something we don't ever want to deal with, but after a broken rear glass, was informed by the windscreen place, that the Flexiglass windows are the easiest to get a hold of, with very limited delay.

:cheers: Cracka