Author Topic: Engine bay prep  (Read 7176 times)

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Engine bay prep
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2012, 03:51:20 PM »
I find truck wash good, but leaves everything dry looking.....so after washing it off....and almost dry, I go to town with the WD40 then lightly wash that off.......almost a brand new looking engine bay..!!

2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Jason B

• "Mark Goldie recovery team coordinator"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • 80 Series Turbo DX Cruiser, Kimberley Kamper 2013 SE
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 07:55:29 PM »
Both WD 40 and Tyre Shine will attract dust - I suggest you don't use either unless you spend all your time on the tar, or you are about to sell your pride and joy (in which case Tyre Shine is great).

I use truck wash and pressure washer to keep the engine bay clean.

I agree that tyre shine and WD hold dust, they dont attract it as there is either dust or there isn't. The dust does stick to the tyre shine and WD however I find that it just hoses off. I have always found that Truck wash is great (I use also) however it can react with the alloy leaving it looking like its corroding. I always apply WD to arrest this after washing. WD also displaces the water from all of the engine plugs and nooks and crannies after washing.

Regards

Jas

Jas

Offline meimarocu

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2012, 03:46:58 PM »
We sell haeps of truckwash at work and as a rough guideline,

CT18 the green one, is the most agressive, good for chassis,under carrage,engine bays etc..
But will dull paint if used to much.

RL18 the blue one, is a good allrounder i use it for the camper,house, under 4wd, patio etc....
It will also dull paint but not as bad as CT18.

CT20 the yellow one, this is the princess truckwash has a wax in it and is ok to use on painted panels.
not as good as the above 2 for heavy cleaning but good enoungh for regular washing of vehicals etc...

Cheers Ian.