Author Topic: Basics Card  (Read 12058 times)

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
Re: Basics Card
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2012, 09:38:44 PM »
No thanks Wayne, never know where you police have been or who you have had to handle,  Becboo, depending on what my wife says and your husband says, that I would think about (only joking).

You're joking I don't touch people I get the young uns to do it. Ha ha
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎

Offline Paul (SA)

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2012, 10:01:14 PM »
I just saw the report on the card on Today Tonight. I was seriously pmsl at the characters they interviewed. I got to say I can't stand the civil lib social worker and her attitude. It is certainly an interesting debate and it sounds like the overwhelming majority of taxpayers support it.
2014 NW Pajero
2012 Jayco Swift OB

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2012, 11:21:33 PM »
I just saw the report on the card on Today Tonight. I was seriously pmsl at the characters they interviewed. I got to say I can't stand the civil lib social worker and her attitude. It is certainly an interesting debate and it sounds like the overwhelming majority of taxpayers support it.

I have never owned or watched a television Paul, but I can say that (speaking for my people only), only people who are on welfare payments have experienced the advantages of having a Basic card, they actually feel happy using it.  To explain this comment, you would need to go back to the comments I made about how some of the women used to be treated, as opposed to how they are treated now, there is an incredible difference, and it is better now for them.  I have not ime for the civil liberties people, it would be nice if they would walk on the ground in aboriginal communities before they start talking about such communities.
Tjupurula

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2012, 11:22:50 PM »
You're joking I don't touch people I get the young uns to do it. Ha ha

Sorry Old Fella, my mistake.... ;D ;D ;D and one for you  :police:

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2012, 11:28:43 PM »
Won't this card also promote further crime though?
I mean if junkies can't get cash from centrelink to support their habit they will have to do a break and enter or something for their next fix. Granted most already do that now but they may have to do 2 or 3 times as many homes in the future with the introduction of this card. I reckon there will be a few negatives that will effect society in general whether your a bludger or not if this is implemented. It's ok to say your a tax payer etc but when your house gets robbed while your kids are home asleep by some filthy HIV infected junkie because he can't buy his drugs with a plastic "basics card", I'd have to say that would effect the hard working people too.

Anyway I'd hate to be on the dole and run out of milk for breakfast. Stuffed if I'd want to line up in the "povo or bludgers" line and scan a Centrelink card for a mere 2 litre milk lol...

UR-50-LO
I guess unfortunately what you have said is a reality in the big cities, I am incapable of commentiung there.  However the actual Basic Card goes through any normal EFTPOS in any shop, if they accept the Basic Card.  The people here are not ashemed, as they feel comfortable with the fact that they can use such a card to guarantee their children get fed, clothed and have lunch for school.  I would however doubt that these drug affected people can buy drugs with a normal ATM card either.  That is one situation that I am glad we are not affected by.
Regards
Tjupurula