Author Topic: Basics Card  (Read 12094 times)

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
Re: Basics Card
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012, 09:57:07 AM »
This thread was purely intended at people who bludge off the system which is common in towns or cities. I was in no way having a go at your people Tjupurula as you have indicated. The aboriginals have enough troubles without having white peiple stick their noses in except for those who go to help. You Tjupurula are truly inspirational, to do what you have done. To help those in need and helping the young ones in trades. I wish I met you Thirty years ago. The people or oxygen thiefs are thenones who need the Basic card. Quote "Its our money," unquote. It's your money when you contribute to society not bludge off them.
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎

Offline Big Nath

• "hows ya bum for grubs"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2012, 10:18:35 AM »
x2 bring on the card.

NAKED 2012 Pathfinder ST in Auto, Scan Guage, Polyair Airbags, 80CH Uniden UHF, Leisure Matters Camper!

Offline UR-50-LO

• Tent User
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2012, 10:40:29 AM »
Won't this card also promote further crime though?
I mean if junkies can't get cash from centrelink to support their habit they will have to do a break and enter or something for their next fix. Granted most already do that now but they may have to do 2 or 3 times as many homes in the future with the introduction of this card. I reckon there will be a few negatives that will effect society in general whether your a bludger or not if this is implemented. It's ok to say your a tax payer etc but when your house gets robbed while your kids are home asleep by some filthy HIV infected junkie because he can't buy his drugs with a plastic "basics card", I'd have to say that would effect the hard working people too.

Anyway I'd hate to be on the dole and run out of milk for breakfast. Stuffed if I'd want to line up in the "povo or bludgers" line and scan a Centrelink card for a mere 2 litre milk lol...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:42:45 AM by UR-50-LO »

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2012, 10:45:30 AM »
Point taken

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2012, 10:57:56 AM »
Quote from: becboo
I think these cards are directed at those who don't care to work.
... and theres 10s of thousands of them around with the welfare system down to a T... infact most have more idea on the rules than the centerlink staff.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Big Nath

• "hows ya bum for grubs"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2012, 11:11:04 AM »
... and theres 10s of thousands of them around with the welfare system down to a T... infact most have more idea on the rules than the centerlink staff.

Yes they do.
NAKED 2012 Pathfinder ST in Auto, Scan Guage, Polyair Airbags, 80CH Uniden UHF, Leisure Matters Camper!

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2012, 11:15:57 AM »
Won't this card also promote further crime though?
I mean if junkies can't get cash from centrelink to support their habit they will have to do a break and enter or something for their next fix. Granted most already do that now but they may have to do 2 or 3 times as many homes in the future with the introduction of this card. I reckon there will be a few negatives that will effect society in general whether your a bludger or not if this is implemented. It's ok to say your a tax payer etc but when your house gets robbed while your kids are home asleep by some filthy HIV infected junkie because he can't buy his drugs with a plastic "basics card", I'd have to say that would effect the hard working people too.

Anyway I'd hate to be on the dole and run out of milk for breakfast. Stuffed if I'd want to line up in the "povo or bludgers" line and scan a Centrelink card for a mere 2 litre milk lol...
solution
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline rescue1

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • D40 Navara [HIS] T31 X-Trail [HERS]
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2012, 11:26:51 AM »
I suspect there will be a few "enterprising" individuals round my way offering to buy my groceries for me in return for me buying their booze, and of course, there will be those that get "stolen"

Offline becboo

• Tent User
  • take nothing but pics leave nothing but footprints
Basics Card
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2012, 02:32:24 PM »
Hi Becboo
No, I wasn't offended, I just had no choice but to take a defensive stance for some of my family and relatives here.
Regards
Tjupurula

I am sorry you felt you needed to take a defensive stance Tjupurula. 
Please know that I was speaking of my own experience with white people I know who do need help as it is a vicious circle. Maybe the basics card can help them to learn to budget.
Cheers
Becboo
Aussie Swag Camper towed by an awesome 100 series with goodies!!

Education & Intelligence accomplish nothing without action....

Offline nuthermug

• Tent User
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2012, 03:06:45 PM »
I had a stand up argument whith a bloke I have known all my life he and his brother have never worked, acrook back,cant read cant do anything except work for furniture removolists on the sly.

I told them they were nothing but bludgers and parasites and wernt entiteled to any tax payers dollars, I worked and payed taxes since I was 15 they thought it was a big joke and said I was stupid for doing it.

Theres thousands of the free loading mongrels just like them who should at the most be given a basic card and if they abuse it give em stuffall.

Have a nice day

Offline schmik

• Tent User
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2012, 03:30:37 PM »
35c from every tax dollar goes to welfare.

Offline brickiematt

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life member of the Silverton Hotel
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2012, 04:38:22 PM »
Ummm.....at the risk of sounding ignorant, or being accused of living under a rock, could someone please explain to me what a "Basics Card" is. From all your comments, I'm assuming it is a card issued to those on welfare to allow them to purchase basic living items eg. bread, milk etc. I have never heard of it and please correct me if I am wrong.
Cheers
Matt
Mitsubishi Pajero NT GLS
2015 Kimberley Kamper Classic

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2012, 04:41:52 PM »
Ummm.....at the risk of sounding ignorant, or being accused of living under a rock, could someone please explain to me what a "Basics Card" is. From all your comments, I'm assuming it is a card issued to those on welfare to allow them to purchase basic living items eg. bread, milk etc. I have never heard of it and please correct me if I am wrong.
Cheers
Matt

Hi Matt
What you have said is correct.  It allows for the basics in life to be purchased, so that welfare monies are not wasted on gorg, drugs and other unnecessary things.
Tjupurula

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2012, 04:43:46 PM »
Yep, that right.  The use of them has just been extended into some so called "low socio economic status " areas, parts of Sydney, Shepparton, etc.

Initially, via the choice of the user on welfare, not, like in NT, to all users in a specific area.
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2012, 04:46:07 PM »
This thread was purely intended at people who bludge off the system which is common in towns or cities. I was in no way having a go at your people Tjupurula as you have indicated. The aboriginals have enough troubles without having white peiple stick their noses in except for those who go to help. You Tjupurula are truly inspirational, to do what you have done. To help those in need and helping the young ones in trades. I wish I met you Thirty years ago. The people or oxygen thiefs are thenones who need the Basic card. Quote "Its our money," unquote. It's your money when you contribute to society not bludge off them.

No Wayne, I am not inspirational.....the people who manage to survive on almost nothing, and still do not break the law by stealing or the like, they are inspirational, and it will always be my privilege to put a helping hand out for them.  I get the young ones involved in trades and the like, or teach them my trade, but they still must do the work and studies to learn what they need to know.  Their choice to apply themselves and succeed have my full respect.
Regards
Tjupurula
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 04:52:39 PM by Tjupurula »

Offline Fun Police

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2012, 04:59:44 PM »
Hi Matt
What you have said is correct.  It allows for the basics in life to be purchased, so that welfare monies are not wasted on gorg, drugs and other unnecessary things.
Tjupurula

I can't see this as being anything but a good thing.

I watched a woman in Coles one night, her kid wanted some oranges, she said "can't afford them", then went off to the smoke counter and bought a carton......I wanted to slap her.
You can't spell 'funeral' without 'fun', nor 'manslaughter' without 'laughter'

Offline brickiematt

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life member of the Silverton Hotel
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2012, 05:11:11 PM »
Hi Matt
Tjupurula

Thanks for clarifying Tjupurula. I consider myself fortunate to have been in steady employment for over 20 years now. I realize many are not so lucky, some through circumstance, others, unfortunately, by choice. So on the face of it, this card sounds like a good idea to me.
Yep, that right.  The use of them has just been extended into some so called "low socio economic status " areas, parts of Sydney, Shepparton, etc.

Initially, via the choice of the user on welfare, not, like in NT, to all users in a specific area.

So it is enforced in some areas then?
Mitsubishi Pajero NT GLS
2015 Kimberley Kamper Classic

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2012, 05:21:11 PM »
I can't see this as being anything but a good thing.

I watched a woman in Coles one night, her kid wanted some oranges, she said "can't afford them", then went off to the smoke counter and bought a carton......I wanted to slap her.

On the Basics Card smokes cannot be bought.  By the way, you wanted to slap her.  I have been in Alice Springs and seen teh same thing.  The difefrence is I did get stuck into the people (not physically, but verbally) then I bought the kids some fruit and fruit juice.  I will not discuss what I did in the carpark afterwards, suffice to say those parents (drunken black mongrels) were sorry they ever met me (a sober black mongrel).  They could not come out with the crap racist argument either, and a policeman nearby (who happens to know me) walked away.
Regards
Tjupurula
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:40:43 PM by Tjupurula »

Offline becboo

• Tent User
Basics Card
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2012, 07:05:45 PM »
I had a stand up argument whith a bloke I have known all my life he and his brother have never worked, acrook back,cant read cant do anything except work for furniture removolists on the sly.

I told them they were nothing but bludgers and parasites and wernt entiteled to any tax payers dollars, I worked and payed taxes since I was 15 they thought it was a big joke and said I was stupid for doing it.

Theres thousands of the free loading mongrels just like them who should at the most be given a basic card and if they abuse it give em stuffall.

Have a nice day

Thank you!!
That is who I was talking about !!

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2012, 07:24:04 PM »
Thank you!!
That is who I was talking about !!

Please accept my apologies Becboo, I did not intend to have a go at you, I did come across a bit strong for which I am sorry.
Tjupurula

Offline becboo

• Tent User
Basics Card
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2012, 07:59:58 PM »
Please accept my apologies Becboo, I did not intend to have a go at you, I did come across a bit strong for which I am sorry.
Tjupurula

Hi Tjupurula.

Wouldn't we have some awesome conversations. That is what I have taken from this thread!!  Cheers to you and yours mate.  I have certainly enjoyed this thread with you.

Cheers
Becboo

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2012, 09:29:55 PM »
Hi Tjupurula.

Wouldn't we have some awesome conversations. That is what I have taken from this thread!!  Cheers to you and yours mate.  I have certainly enjoyed this thread with you.

Cheers
Becboo

Group hug everyone!

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2012, 09:35:40 PM »
This thread has become a bit too touchy, feely, goody for me  ??? I'm going back to the electrical section  >:D
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2012, 09:37:17 PM »

Group hug everyone!

No thanks Wayne, never know where you police have been or who you have had to handle,  Becboo, depending on what my wife says and your husband says, that I would think about (only joking).

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2012, 09:37:28 PM »
This thread has become a bit too touchy, feely, goody for me  ??? I'm going back to the electrical section  >:D

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha