Author Topic: KK packup  (Read 1284 times)

Offline greentreck

• Learning the Ropes
  • Almost living the dream
KK packup
« on: April 15, 2012, 05:06:56 PM »
Does anyone have a good tip on how to fold up the front awning with the kwik awning?.. should they be rolled or kept flat?
 ???

Offline BradandPeta

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • I have a friend's with Jayco's ... I need new ones
Re: KK packup
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 05:19:41 PM »
We just tuck it all in as you fold it mate I wouldnt try rolling it as it would make for a lump in the works if you know what I mean everytime u pack it will be different, Seems like theres alot of threads on this at the moment we havent had ours for long but it seems as long as the canvas is clear of the hinge at the back then its ll pretty tuff stuff and will go in even if a bit of force is needed, as said before some people have seen others jumping up and down on the top to make it close but thats a bit xtreme !!!

Offline Jason B

• "Mark Goldie recovery team coordinator"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • 80 Series Turbo DX Cruiser, Kimberley Kamper 2013 SE
Re: KK packup
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 07:05:48 PM »
Mate we pack our kk with the sun awning (bigger and heavyer canvas than is on the qwik awning) attached no worries.

The way I do it is to fold the awning over the top of the KK so that it fits over the roof. Get it square with the front awning (should just be a double piece of canvas) I then just fold the KK up as normal from the rear and as the hoops land in the trailer I push the front part of the awning into the folds as indicated above. I don't believe it will go if you roll it.

I leave the awning on (not set up) tied on the corners for overnight stops also.

Not sure if the attched picture helps but this is how I have it prior to folding up.

Regards

Jas