Author Topic: Tap on 2011 Jayco campers  (Read 2787 times)

Offline Just some guy

• Tent User
Tap on 2011 Jayco campers
« on: February 22, 2012, 09:28:59 PM »
I have a 2011 Jayco Penguin.  The tap at the sink gives me the flibber-jibberty-flaperties!  I mean the tap that runs of the 12 volt pump or mains pressure - not the manual pump. 

Most times I use it it ends up splashing over onto the laminate behind the sink - especially when I wash my hands or rinse something.  This will surely eventually work its way into the joints and soak into the timber and cause me dramas (if it isn't already). 

I think this is because of 2 reasons:
1. because the tap is made of such a narrow tube that the pressure coming out of it is too high; and/or
2. because the spout is too close to the side of the sink - I think this is the main reason.

So - has anyone ever replaced this with a different tap; or does someone have suggestions of how I can stop splashing water everywhere?

Cheers.
Please keep in mind - I'm just some guy.  I don't know nothin about nothin!

Offline RebsWA

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Tap on 2011 Jayco campers
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 11:32:06 PM »
I have a 2007 Eagle and the mains tap was a bit of a pain especially when you turned it on fast to fill up a kettle or such and the spout would blow out with the pressure and wet the front bed, once with the missus in it. Needless to say it got changed.
The original tap was P/N 005895 and the tap I replaced it with is P/N 005990
If you go to http://www.camec.com.au and select the plumbing tag then scroll down a few pages you will see the old and the new on the same page.
Removed the old tap and the new one fits in the same hole and the connection under the sink screws straight onto the new tap. Too easy!
The new tap is smaller, has better flow control and the spout does not come off. Cost me $91 ish about a year ago.
It was the only tap I could find in the world that would fit, allow the bed rails to slide back in and not require any other parts.
Note that my camper is a 2007 jayco eagle, dont know about a 2011 penguin
You don't stop laughing because you grow old
You grow old because you stop laughing

2006 TD LandCruiser Troopy LX  -  2015 Jayco Starcraft Outback (a Caravan...)