Author Topic: FLU SHOTS  (Read 5972 times)

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
FLU SHOTS
« on: July 06, 2019, 07:51:33 AM »
More than 220 Australians have died of the flu so far, and it's expected to get worse.

I hope everyone is getting a flu shot.  It hits old, healthy, young, sick, kids adults etc...no discrimination and authorities are expecting more deaths and possible mutations of the virus..

https://www.9news.com.au/national/flu-season-deaths-more-than-220-australians-have-died-of-the-flu-so-far-and-its-expected-to-get-worse-national-news/5547a190-0e1b-4113-bf68-2914fa5507a5
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: FLU SHOTS
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 08:04:08 AM »
And yet the news headlines on tv this morning's are stating Flu Jab Fail....waste of time as the flu strains have mutated and changing from what you get vaccinated against.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 08:06:49 AM »
I believe they constantly change the vaccine to adapt to what's around. There is also a free pneumonia shot available for seniors.
Keith
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 08:10:46 AM »
I believe they constantly change the vaccine to adapt to what's around. There is also a free pneumonia shot available for seniors.
Keith
some doctor just on tv now explaining it..says the shot covers 4 strains and one has changed...it'd change every year and you need to hope you don't get the strain that's mutated basically. I'll stick with not getting it and let my body build immunity naturally instead of pumping drugs into it. If I or my family was old / frail or had a existing medical condition then my view on the subject would likely change, but fail to see why otherwise healthy people bother to get it myself.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:16:41 AM by Rumpig »

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 08:29:00 AM »
We don't bother with it either. You got more chance of dying in a car accident (statistically)

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 08:45:50 AM »
I never used to get the shot either and then I got a terrible Flu a couple of years ago when I went to the Footy in Melbourne.

I now get every shot my workplace offers...Flu, Whooping cough and something else I cant recall. No adverse effects, just some slight discomfort in my arm the following day where I got the needles.
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 08:58:10 AM »
some doctor just on tv now explaining it..says the shot covers 4 strains and one has changed...it'd change every year and you need to hope you don't get the strain that's mutated basically. I'll stick with not getting it and let my body build immunity naturally instead of pumping drugs into it. If I or my family was old / frail or had a existing medical condition then my view on the subject would likely change, but fail to see why otherwise healthy people bother to get it myself.
[/color]

Probably because even healthy people have had the flu and died.   Wonder how many of the people who have died thought that it would never happen to them?   Your body..your decision.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 08:59:48 AM »
I never used to get the shot either and then I got a terrible Flu a couple of years ago when I went to the Footy in Melbourne.

I now get every shot my workplace offers...Flu, Whooping cough and something else I cant recall. No adverse effects, just some slight discomfort in my arm the following day where I got the needles.

Did you get a runny nose princess?
There’s no need for me to get the shot as I’m self employed so getting sick isn’t an option

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 09:03:30 AM »
Did you get a runny nose princess?
There’s no need for me to get the shot as I’m self employed so getting sick isn’t an option

Are you on your ipad using tapatalk? Oh of course you are because your signature always tells us............

If you got the Flu a group of us got when we went to Melbourne a couple of years ago, working wasnt an option. Two of the blokes have used less than a hand full of sickies in 30 years and even both of them had 3 days off.......I took a week off ;D
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 09:05:57 AM »
One of the latest people to die from the flu had a flue shot ??
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 10:28:21 AM »
So the best way to stay fit and healthy, never a day off, rail hail or shine, nothing known to man can touch you is...…………
To be self employed.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 10:47:35 AM »
I'm with Rummy.

Can't be bothered running off to the docs.
Besides, you go to the vet for ya shot and every bastard is coughing, sneezing and farting.

Better chance of getting sick at the docs I reckon.

FLU SHOTS:  Stick 'em in ya arse.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
FLU SHOTS
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2019, 11:34:21 AM »
Are you on your ipad using tapatalk? Oh of course you are because your signature always tells us............

If you got the Flu a group of us got when we went to Melbourne a couple of years ago, working wasnt an option. Two of the blokes have used less than a hand full of sickies in 30 years and even both of them had 3 days off.......I took a week off ;D
We’re all immunized from that virus up here.
They drag it up so slowly behind them every winter our bodies have time to fight it off year after year, by the time your about 10 years old your immune to that one.

You’re problem was you took it in a mass dose.
Lesson learned there. Only surround yourself with a maximum of 5 Melbournites at a time otherwise your body can’t handle all of that grottyness at once.
Going to the footy was just a suicide mission.... :P

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2019, 12:41:35 PM »
if not having a flu shot makes you feel invincible, good luck, I used to think that way.
2004 10 days intensive cardiac care, heart attack, enlarged heart, medication for life and nearly 6 months of work at age 45.
All started with the flu and trying to work through it.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2019, 01:05:24 PM »
if not having a flu shot makes you feel invincible, good luck, I used to think that way.
2004 10 days intensive cardiac care, heart attack, enlarged heart, medication for life and nearly 6 months of work at age 45.
All started with the flu and trying to work through it.

The flu gave you a heart attack ?? So, no blocked arteries...just an enlarged heart ??
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2019, 01:34:27 PM »
I worked with a colleague or suffered a similar fate. He was fit and healthy and came down with a virus (can’t say for sure it was the flu) and it went to his heart. He was also off work for 6 months plus and suffered permanent heart damage. Nothing to do with block arteries.

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 01:46:29 PM »
The flu gave you a heart attack ?? So, no blocked arteries...just an enlarged heart ??

Correct, no cholesterol, no blocked arteries, no diabetes. Virus attacked the heart and lungs, actually had the heart attack whilst in having a chest X-ray. I have been left with an ectopic heartbeat ( wrong chamber fires midbeat) gives a thump, probably have at its worst for me 200  to 300 irregular beats a day.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2019, 01:49:20 PM »
Correct, no cholesterol, no blocked arteries, no diabetes. Virus attacked the heart and lungs, actually had the heart attack whilst in having a chest X-ray. I have been left with an ectopic heartbeat ( wrong chamber fires midbeat) gives a thump, probably have at its worst for me 200  to 300 irregular beats a day.
I feel for you Pottsy.

My colleague was a completely changed man.  A real pity because he was a hard worker and would outshine most in similar roles before he became ill.

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2019, 01:53:13 PM »
I feel for you Pottsy.

My colleague was a completely changed man.  A real pity because he was a hard worker and would outshine most in similar roles before he became ill.

Mate I'm all good now, just the stupid heartbeat and I'm probably carrying too much weight now. I reckon it took me a good eighteen months to fully recover and feel completely human again.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2019, 01:55:43 PM »
Mate I'm all good now, just the stupid heartbeat and I'm probably carrying too much weight now. I reckon it took me a good eighteen months to fully recover and feel completely human again.

That's assuming you were human to start with.....  ;D
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2019, 02:03:33 PM »
That's assuming you were human to start with.....  ;D

I am NOT AN ANIMAL.  :D :D

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2019, 03:22:09 PM »
[/color]

Probably because even healthy people have had the flu and died.   Wonder how many of the people who have died thought that it would never happen to them?   Your body..your decision.
I've had the flu before and never died from it, had a total of nearly 3 weeks off of work about 5 years ago because of it, was pretty crook but that's life. I got so sick one other time I had green fluid oozing out my ears, the doctor prescribed me 2 lots of super strength antibiotics which cost me about $120 at the chemist, still doesn't make me rush to get a flu shot. We all get sick at some stage of our lives, that's just how it is....just because others want to push the we must get flu shot barrow, doesn't mean we all need to be a part of it. I have a mate that was super healthy and did Triathalons, he had a heart attack one Sunday morning on a bike ride he was doing, lucky to survive it....doctors told him he was just unlucky and it never should have happened, much like healthy people dieing from the flu....sometimes weird shiz happens, it's called life.
The following users thanked this post: Craig Tomkinson

Offline bob65

• Swag User
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2019, 03:40:50 PM »
The flu shot seems to be a touchy subject, doesn't it.

I haven't read anywhere here anyone pushing the "must get the flu shot barrow".

If you don't want it don't get it, simples.

I personally get the flu shot every year. I get it because my doctor (a medical professional whose opinion I trust) has recommended that I get it after having a heart attack 13 years ago.

I doubt there is any argument that could be put forward on an internet forum that could change the trust I have in my doctor and stop me from having the flu shot in the future.

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2019, 03:43:26 PM »
Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2019, 03:51:08 PM »
I only get the flu shot so I can use my sickies to go fishing.
 :angel:

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.