Author Topic: Transfer Requirements - Vic - question answered  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Jeremyflathead

• Learning the Ropes
Transfer Requirements - Vic - question answered
« on: February 18, 2017, 07:56:34 AM »
Hi All,

Before I can start my new project I need to sell my current camper, I note a few on here have done that from time to time...

As a registered trailer I assumed that I'd have to fill in some sort of form, probably part with some hard earned and (this is the part I got very wrong) I'd go onto VicRoads website and the information that guides me through the first two parts would be easy to find.

So is there a forum member who has sold trailers in Vic that could provide a bit of guidance on where to get such information?  Then I can start asking even more stupid questions when I start building my next project...

Thanks in advance for any help.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:13:12 AM by Jeremyflathead »

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Foss

• Sleeping Bag User
Re: Transfer Requirements - Vic
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 08:09:48 AM »
Have a look at the standard VicRoads Application for Transfer of Registration form. It will tell you all you need. If under 4.5t GVM, you won't need a RWC. Just fill out the forms. The buyer will have to pay a small transfer fee of $6.20 but no stamp duty.

Offline Jeremyflathead

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Transfer Requirements - Vic
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 08:11:59 AM »
Thanks Jonesy & Foss

I had in fact downloaded the form, but expected a sort of "how to" section.  The form actually quite self explanatory (if you actually read it  :-[), hopefully I can sell the camper quickly and can get on with the new project.