Author Topic: Took the camper out for a run again.... Finally!  (Read 1923 times)

Offline BJ76

• Tent User
Took the camper out for a run again.... Finally!
« on: July 23, 2011, 07:14:00 AM »
Hi all.

Just got back from a few days out at Gordon Country near Warwick Qld.  Still a nice place and were left alone until our last night when we had a rat and what I thought was a bilby (but realized it didn't have the long ears) decided to come into our annex while both my wife and I were playing cards!  

This time though it was the coldest it has been while we were camping. On Wednesday, it didn't get above 10 degrees and the wind was freezing. Didn't make for a fun time for the kids!  we were expecting it to be cold, but usually it is still shorts and shirt weather during the day.  I have to say, SWMBO definitely liked the electric blanket (run off inverter for half hour before going to bed)!  It just took the chill out of the sheets (especially handy when we forgot to pack the flanalet sheets!) nicely and used bugger all power - about 1/2 amp on medium for the half hour run time.

Even though, a bad time camping is (generally) better than being at home doing nothing!

As we didn't end up venturing out too much (read to damn cold!) I don't think we took any pictures...

Oh well there is always next trip!
2010 Toyota Hilux Dual Cab SR5 TD & Lifestyle Extenda (with a couple of enhancements in mind!)

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Took the camper out for a run again.... Finally!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 07:30:54 AM »
Ohhhh come on you know the drill

:worthles:

:cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline BJ76

• Tent User
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
As I thought we took bugger all pics (took a little video)...  So this is all I have to share, and if anyone knows what type of bird this is please let me know...
2010 Toyota Hilux Dual Cab SR5 TD & Lifestyle Extenda (with a couple of enhancements in mind!)

Offline tjwrexy

• Tent User
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 03:49:56 PM »
As I thought we took bugger all pics (took a little video)...  So this is all I have to share, and if anyone knows what type of bird this is please let me know...

Hi BJ,

The first one I think is a very young female homosapien (aka ankle biter)  ;D
The second one may be a very young male homosapien (aka ankle biter)  ;D
The third one - not sure !!

The first and second are 2 of the cutest examples of this species I have seen in their natural habitat.  They usually fledge around 18yrs of age but records show they can sometimes stay with their parents (who are very protective) until early 20s or 30s.  They are also fun to watch when learning from their parents.  Sorry couldn't resist  :D.

Beautiful photo of the sun coming through the trees  :cup:.

Tammy
Tammy and Jeff
2010 Triton GLX-R and 2011 Aussie Swag Ultra G

Offline dno

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcome to gods country
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 04:07:11 PM »
Gee that second shot of the sun through the mist looks nice.
The bird looks like a Blue Wren ( Malurus cyaneus ) to me.
"The first half of our lives are ruined by our parents  and the second half by our children."

Clarence Day

http://www.youtube.com/user/67dno/videos

Offline Jason B

• "Mark Goldie recovery team coordinator"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • 80 Series Turbo DX Cruiser, Kimberley Kamper 2013 SE
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 05:47:51 PM »
Looks like a Blue Wren to me also. Great Pics.

Regards

Jas