Author Topic: More advice, please  (Read 1572 times)

Offline xvprado

• Soft Floor Camper User
More advice, please
« on: December 09, 2014, 08:35:25 PM »
Righto, where to start........yonks ago i had  camper bought and registered in QLD, the seller got me through a process of being a bona fide traveller in QLD using a friends address in brissie, whilst i live interstate

The general premise was as a 'bona fide traveller" you could hold QLD rego as long as you had a homebase. They used to mail my rego renewals to my NSW address etc

I now want to do it again, so to speak.

Have bought a QLD registered "hard topped camper" (pics to come), I cant find a reference to what paperwork is needed on the interweb and was wondering if any of you good people know how the system works for such a deal

ta in advance

glen
Glen
Hawkesbury Valley, Sydderney
2015 200 TD VX & Mountain Trail LXV4.7

Offline Black-Pig

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Everything is Subject to change...
Re: More advice, please
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 08:59:56 PM »
Are Trailers like cars, where if they are in the state more than 3 months they have to have Tassie Rego, or not covered by MAIB? Might be one to check too.
Is it not easier to just rego in Tas as pretty cheap? Or not planning on bringing over on the SPOT?
05 SR5 Hilux  - With Fruit...
2012 Outback Sturt - with some modifications

Offline xvprado

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 09:04:27 PM »
well, Tassie is a pain in the proverbial, they want a gas cert, electrical cert and roadworthy, all up $300 for inspections and they will only accept inspections done in Tassie, not interstate

Glen
Hawkesbury Valley, Sydderney
2015 200 TD VX & Mountain Trail LXV4.7

Offline Black-Pig

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Everything is Subject to change...
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 09:31:08 PM »
I live north of you on the river, and I bought my camper in from Melbourne I found it very easy. Agreed, need Gas man, electrican and road worthy but the blokes I used were quick and I did it all on the way home from the boat. Gas man on Smith and Others road, road worthy and service Tas in Longford. All done by 10.30am and on way home! No 240 on mine though.
05 SR5 Hilux  - With Fruit...
2012 Outback Sturt - with some modifications