Author Topic: Matress Toppers on Special at Target today  (Read 2153 times)

Offline HerGU

• Soft Floor Camper User
Matress Toppers on Special at Target today
« on: March 10, 2012, 04:26:23 PM »
A little Off topic but... My local Target had Target Brand Matress toppers on special today (just happened to walk past it) for about $30 - $40 off. Just thought id let you all know if you are interested. Not sure if it's a target wide special or just certain stores maybe??....We were looking to put egg shells on our camper trailer matress but so many have told us to get the matress toppers so i think i got a bargin for a king size one for $60 today. Just thought i'd share the info. :) Hopefully it fits!

Offline Willow Girl

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Him, Her and the boys :)
Re: Matress Toppers on Special at Target today
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 05:58:44 PM »
mmm, i wonder of they would do the same job?    We are going for just the qs high density foam mattress , so we are looking at doing something similar..
Has anyone got a mattress topper? and are they as good as the eggsell?

ps, thanks for letting us know about this one, will be checking it out in the morning!
Him, Her and the boys!
2003 Pajero

9ft Khaki Customline tent on a full off road custom trailer :-)

and a wish list a mile long.....

Offline Fun Police

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 06:02:44 PM »
We've got a matress topper on our queen bed at home and they are great.  Can't comment on the eggshell ones though
You can't spell 'funeral' without 'fun', nor 'manslaughter' without 'laughter'

Offline HerGU

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 06:32:14 PM »
We have a high density foam matress about 40 or 50mm thick so on longer trips it gets alittle hard, but we were thinking about the egg shells butfrom what we have been told, if they are compressed more often than not they tend to stay compressed (our bed folds in half so is always compressed packed up. We have also been told that they tend to degrade after a few years but we were still willing to try - but cant seem to get the eggs shells here locally in a king size, and i just happened to walk past these matress toppers on special for $60 for a king so i figure if it doesn work, it can just go on our normal bed! We will probably go camping at easter so i can let you know how it goes then if you like.

Offline HerGU

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 12:48:23 PM »
Ok, just got the target catalogue today and it seems i got in too early.

From the 15th - 21st March Matress toppers 40% off all sizes (bringing the King i just bought down to $47) Damn it!

Offline MADCOW

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • I Rescue Fish from Water and Beer from Bottles
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 12:29:53 PM »
the missus saw it and I'm grabbing a single for the swag, should make getting up easier even after a few sherbs :cheers:
03 4.2 TDI Gu, Mountain Trail Extended Escape Camper,
 June 2018 Terrain Tamer Calendar

Offline uncyspam

• Swag User
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 01:04:46 PM »
I bought one of the textured ones a few weeks ago to put on our spare bed (which isn't really spare, it's where I sleep as pregnant wife = not sleeping husband :D) worth every cent of the $80 normal price - at 40% off grab two :D. I was waking up sore every morning as the matress in there is too hard for me. the overlay makes it comfortable, and I don't wake up sore at all.

and don't be worried about the texture, you don't notice it when you are lying on it (although if you are like me and lie there moving your legs about, you will notice the lines and bumps, but nothing annoying...)

Clarks Rubber sell one that is almost identical for $300.