Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 302980 times)

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #2800 on: September 19, 2021, 08:51:10 PM »
I wouldn't worry about being in a restaurant where there are un-vaxed people. With Delta, they are in more trouble than you. You can still get Delta from vaxed people just as easily as you can get it from un-vaxed. The big thing is, if you're vaxed, you should probably will survive it. The un-vaxed, on the other hand, have a greater chance of ending up in an ICU, ,or dying...

Unless you are part of a small minority that have/had immune problems and although you might be fully vaxed, it MAY not be fully effective, with no way of telling, that I’m aware of.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline DandyD

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2801 on: September 19, 2021, 09:05:16 PM »
actually thats a good point.. slipped through the cracks.
No info on if those that have had it are better/worse off.

You aren’t looking hard enough. Covid does give you protection for about nine months. Best protection is double jab plus covid. Or double jab plus booster.

The vaccines giver better protection against the different variants. The people dying from the delta variant in the UK are almost exclusively vaccine refusers.

I’m in line for a booster. They are mixing the vaccines too, so Pfizer or a half dose of Moderna instead of the AZ I had first time round. So, I will have had covid, double jab and booster. I hope that works!
The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2802 on: September 19, 2021, 09:43:29 PM »
actually thats a good point.. slipped through the cracks.
No info on if those that have had it are better/worse off.

A couple of people that have had covid have spoken to their Drs about their 'Natural Immunity' v Vaccine.   Following blood tests the Covid recovered had higher protien count then the Drs double vaccinated.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2803 on: September 20, 2021, 12:03:25 AM »
So happy I made the move to the bush 21 months ago.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #2804 on: September 20, 2021, 01:42:37 AM »
A couple of people that have had covid have spoken to their Drs about their 'Natural Immunity' v Vaccine.   Following blood tests the Covid recovered had higher protien count then the Drs double vaccinated.

This will give some insight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzOf6Cj3T-8&t=201s    .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #2805 on: September 20, 2021, 08:19:14 AM »
Unless you are part of a small minority that have/had immune problems and although you might be fully vaxed, it MAY not be fully effective, with no way of telling, that I’m aware of.

It doesn't matter. Immune compromised people, whether they are unvaxed, or vaxed but uncertain of their immunity to covid, still run a risk coming into close proximity with vaxed and unvaxed people alike.

I think I'm reading your post right?
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #2806 on: September 20, 2021, 08:30:00 AM »
You aren’t looking hard enough. Covid does give you protection for about nine months. Best protection is double jab plus covid. Or double jab plus booster.

The vaccines giver better protection against the different variants. The people dying from the delta variant in the UK are almost exclusively vaccine refusers.

I’m in line for a booster. They are mixing the vaccines too, so Pfizer or a half dose of Moderna instead of the AZ I had first time round. So, I will have had covid, double jab and booster. I hope that works!

I think that's a very telling point, and it seems that the vaccinated people that do die are more often in their 80's 90's, or have underlying health problems anyway. Unfortunately though, some people are unable to be vaccinated due to their health situation, and these people are the ones that are at risk, through no fault of their own, once we "open the gates" here.

But the straight out anti vaxers, I have no sympathy for. In fact it goes further than that, I despise their selfishness in risking the lives of their kids and their potential of clogging up the emergency health facilities when they do succumb to the virus.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #2807 on: September 20, 2021, 08:41:32 AM »

This will give some insight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzOf6Cj3T-8&t=201s    .

I have watched about half a dozen of his presentations and found all of them to be very informative🙂

The follow on video is an example of the way the Australian Gov is publishing ‘information/recommendations’ for the sake of appearances.
https://youtu.be/_gndsUjgPYo

Sad really!!! :'(
We've waited 45 years to do this. Now our life will be complete!!
2019 LC78 (troopy)
2018 21’6” On The Move TRAXX Series 2

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2808 on: September 20, 2021, 09:18:43 AM »
^^^^^ Yep and that type of Nonsence by the Govco is whats causing people to hold back .. Especialy when theyve seen what / how the stuff worked in India when Delta was raging out of control .. crazy ..Ivermectin is something like $168 per Kg going by the good Dr John  .and theres about 3 Micrograms in a tablet [ costs more for the capsule than the Ivmctin ..about 1c ]  ..
India apparently used on average two tablets 3 weeks apart for millions of people and virtualy wiped out the V in uttar Prudesh .
https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/lucknow/uttar-pradesh-government-says-ivermectin-helped-to-keep-deaths-low-7311786/

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2809 on: September 20, 2021, 12:25:44 PM »
As good as all the drugs are at treating Covid, people need to remember it is for treating someone who is infected with Covid.   They are not a means of protecting against Covid, that is what the Vaccines are for.   

Get Vaccinated to prevent Covid, take the other drugs when infected with Covid.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #2810 on: September 20, 2021, 12:45:58 PM »
Negative.
Thanks to all have called and reached out, much appreciated. Now to see what DHHS do with the site
How did you go - back to site yet?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #2811 on: September 20, 2021, 01:35:07 PM »
How did you go - back to site yet?

Back on, missed the window to be a Tiered site by around 5 hours.

GG

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2812 on: September 20, 2021, 01:58:49 PM »
It doesn't matter. Immune compromised people, whether they are unvaxed, or vaxed but uncertain of their immunity to covid, still run a risk coming into close proximity with vaxed and unvaxed people alike.

I think I'm reading your post right?

That’s correct.   I have my 1st shot next month, 2nd shot in December.

Coming out of lockdown will only make one difference to me…..the ability to go camping….away from everyone else.
Being retired makes lockdown pretty easy for me.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2813 on: September 20, 2021, 04:32:45 PM »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2814 on: September 21, 2021, 12:34:06 PM »
What does this achieve..? My solution.. rubber bullets... **** em. Time to get serious with protesters.
Shocking moment veteran Seven News reporter is SPAT on and attacked by hooded protesters - and media doused with 'bottles of urine' - during anti-vax tradie rally in Melbourne

Veteran TV newsman Paul Dowsley says he has been spat on, attacked and sprayed with urine in ugly scenes at the tradies' protest rally in Melbourne on Tuesday.

The 7News reporter was reporting from the scene of the protest when he was jumped by one demonstrator who grabbed him around the neck.

He was also said to have been doused in urine, including in his mouth, when open bottles were thrown at him in another separate disgusting attack

The IQ of the protesters
Their final demand was for the 'mass distribution of invermectin, Vitamins C, D and Zinc' as alternative treatments for Covid-19.
Invermectin, a horse tranquiliser used to treat parasitic infections, has not been proven to be effective in treating the virus

I'd like to ask "Anti Vaxxers" what they are so or most afraid of ??? The exact reason they wont get the vax.... ??

« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 12:46:10 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2815 on: September 21, 2021, 01:29:08 PM »
Dont know about them .. But a few I Do know of ...   
My mates wife got the jab so she could cross into qld to see the grand kids .. So far weeks after feeling extremely unwell, has bad tremors to the point cant hold things or walk, has collapsed several times, vision problems,  been hospitalised,  dares not drive ..
Multitudes of tests and they cant tell why or whats happening at this stage .. life is upside down and turned to Shite, been adviseed not to get the second one  ..
Idiot brother inlaw, Work associate had two jabs, turned his toes up three days after the second hit ..They stuck him in the dirt ..Dont know if there  was underlying issues ..
Work associate first jab very unwell, bed ridden unable to function for two weeks feeling of total dread thinking he was going to die, second jab similar episode  and now months on still feeling unwell and now with wierd joint pain to point of troubles with mobility .

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #2816 on: September 21, 2021, 01:33:09 PM »
I'd like to ask "Anti Vaxxers" what they are so or most afraid of ??? The exact reason they wont get the vax.... ??
Probably the most revealing question(s) would be ‘Which FB page did you get your scientific data from?’, ‘How many people have reportedly died from being vaccinated, on your favourite FB page?’, ‘Which Australian constitution amendment does having the vaccine forced on you break, according to your favourite FB page?’ (Before anyone jumps down my throat re the last one, yes I know we don’t have these things in Australia🤪)
2019 LC78 (troopy)

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #2817 on: September 21, 2021, 01:42:18 PM »
Dont know about them .. But a few I Do know of ...   
My mates wife got the jab so she could cross into qld to see the grand kids .. So far weeks after feeling extremely unwell, has bad tremors to the point cant hold things or walk, has collapsed several times, vision problems,  been hospitalised,  dares not drive ..
Multitudes of tests and they cant tell why or whats happening at this stage .. life is upside down and turned to Shite, been adviseed not to get the second one  ..
Idiot brother inlaw, Work associate had two jabs, turned his toes up three days after the second hit ..They stuck him in the dirt ..Dont know if there  was underlying issues ..
Work associate first jab very unwell, bed ridden unable to function for two weeks feeling of total dread thinking he was going to die, second jab similar episode  and now months on still feeling unwell and now with wierd joint pain to point of troubles with mobility .
Condolences to those who suffer(ed) from any of the vaccines. For the other 24.5million Australians who have had at least one jab, life goes on pretty much as normal health wise.
2019 LC78 (troopy)

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2818 on: September 22, 2021, 07:38:45 PM »

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2819 on: September 23, 2021, 02:30:25 AM »
From Bird........ "I'd like to ask "Anti Vaxxers" what they are so or most afraid of ??? The exact reason they wont get the vax.... ??"

I think, there would be a decent number of people who hear the scare mongers and back out on that account alone.
There would be those who for medical reasons, may be wary.

However, for the bulk of them, it's because the Government wants them too.
No bastard Government stooge is gunna make me get  vaxxed attitude springs to mind.

I'm pretty sure however, if you offered the anti-vaxxers $10,000 cash for getting jabbed, there'd be a traffic jam of epic proportions at every stick and go centre.

Just dumb arses who aren't getting any smarter with age i'm sorry to say.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.
The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline NZMarkb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2820 on: September 23, 2021, 06:28:00 AM »

I'm pretty sure however, if you offered the anti-vaxxers $10,000 cash for getting jabbed, there'd be a traffic jam of epic proportions at every stick and go centre.

I'm sure $10 would do it for most of them :laugh: :laugh:
If your not prepaired to stand behind our troops
Then feel free to stand in front of them

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2821 on: September 23, 2021, 06:29:34 AM »
I'm sure $10 would do it for most of them :laugh: :laugh:

Maccas voucher

Offline bob65

• Swag User
« Reply #2822 on: September 23, 2021, 06:32:49 AM »
Can of bundy and a packet of winnie blues

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Offline NZMarkb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2823 on: September 23, 2021, 06:41:52 AM »
Maccas voucher

What the hell, are you trying to crash the system :laugh: :laugh:
If your not prepaired to stand behind our troops
Then feel free to stand in front of them

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2824 on: September 23, 2021, 06:56:52 AM »
What the hell, are you trying to crash the system :laugh: :laugh:

Mate if they are smuggling KFC in NZ https://apple.news/AuWRD0i6gThG1pLizGMpTYg