Author Topic: waeco CFX  (Read 1044 times)

Offline sparkieqld

• Soft Floor Camper User
waeco CFX
« on: January 28, 2017, 02:19:57 PM »
Hi all,

I have a Waeco cfx35 which I have built in to a box with top insulation which sits under the teauno (how ever it is spelled) in the ute, the box works well stopping things touching the fridge when loaded allowing it to slide out freely.

Problem is when the tail gate is up and all the gear is in the tub there isn't a lot of circulation and it gets rather hot in the fridge box so I am going to mount a fan that is operated by a current sensing switch so it runs when the compressor is running.

My question is, does anyone have a pic of whats inside the fan compartment of a small CFX? Does the fan draw air from the end and blow it out the sides or the other way round, I need to know this so I can mount the fan in the most efficient configuration.

Cheers
I can be a cranky old bugga so if I offended anyone I apologize, but you probably deserved it.

Offline deetee

• Swag User
  • GIC Alpha with 100series T/Diesel tug
Re: waeco CFX
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 01:08:50 AM »
you could do a smoke test in a room with still air. just burn a bit of paper with some oil or something on it to create a bit of smoke and hold it up to the fridge and see which way the smoke goes. I run an old computer fan inside my 80lt waeco to circulate the air when im using it as just a fridge. I take the dividers out from between the basket and drop it into the space between them and it draws the air from the freezer end and forces it around the fridge end. I've got it wired to the compressor switch so when the compressor comes on the fan comes on. works a treat. saw it done on another forum.