Author Topic: Jayco Swan - Packing away bed end flys  (Read 30395 times)

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Jayco Swan - Packing away bed end flys
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2014, 05:16:24 PM »
I use them as much for privacy as anything else (black mesh on all 3 sides)

Same with our goldstream as i also find aside from privacy it keeps things a bit cooler

Any stay longer than an overnighter and i will put the bed flys out

As for rolling it has been covered above i normally just do it with the missus after we have wound the lid down
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2014, 02:08:01 PM »
Has anyone got a Solution  to stop the front bed fly on there camper from flapping up while travelling?

Yes........

Unzip the bag, get someone to hold up the awning while you screw a couple of screws each end about 200 mm in. Screw through the inside of the back to the roof and use mudflap washers.
Easy fix, and problem solved.

Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline setaisma

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2014, 09:30:36 PM »

Has anyone got a Solution  to stop the front bed fly on there camper from flapping up while travelling?

The bloke we bought ours from showed a simple solution.
We have a 2011 Swan and it has track all the way around so we slide the bag off the front and slide it into the side track (opposite side to the awning).
Then we tuck the two end straps under the roof as we lower it.
No more flapping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline epic

• Learning the Ropes
Jayco Swan - Packing away bed end flys
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2015, 08:31:47 PM »
Today I had a practice in the driveway before I head off for my first solo trip (with out the wife) and my boy. I wanted to ensure that I could do all of the awnings by myself. I tried doing the bed flys with the pole(s) wrapped up in the awning to help keep everything tight but this just failed.
My solution was to get a length of pvc pipe (25mm) with a hole drilled in each end. I then bolted the pipe to the eyelets and rolled the fly up around it.
It was exceptionally easy and very neat for a solo effort. The 4 poles fit in the bag too.
The pipes I know may be a little bit of a pain it they fit neatly in the chassis rails when set up.
The side awning has a bar in it already so a couple of small bolts on the corners made this an easy solo pack up too.
This weekend will be the test. Hopefully all goes well.
Scott.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 08:40:36 PM by epic »

Offline epic

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 08:29:17 PM »
Successful solo pack up.

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2015, 08:50:49 PM »
I did the spreader bar trick in the bed flies on the last two trips.  Sooooo much easier and can be rolled up by one person.  Also now do the the spreader bar for the bagged awning.  Still a 2 person job, but so much quicker and easier.

Another trick a friend showed me for storing the canvas annex walls is underneath the mattresses.   Main wall and draft wall folded in half under the queen bed and the ends walls under the rear bed.  Take up no room compared to the stupid storage bag they come in and east to get too.