Author Topic: To Pajero or not to Pajero...  (Read 31277 times)

Offline TOPNDR

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: To Pajero or not to Pajero...
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2012, 02:40:35 PM »
Your probably missing around $30k- $50k and a whole lot less oil!!  :laugh:

To some degree yes. But then you Pajero owners could probably save $30k by buying a cheap Chinese jobbie.

However, when towing up a long hill with my 2.2 tonne Quantum following, and accelerating past Pajeros, Prados, 'Trols and other 3 litre 4 cylinder bangers, I know who's grinning the most.  :-*
'09 VX TTD Cruiser:- 6 speed auto, 650 nm torque plus bling
'09 Australian Off Road Quantum

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2012, 03:23:04 PM »
I know who's grinning the most.  :-*

the oil companies ;D?
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline rotare

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2012, 09:27:35 PM »
However, when towing up a long hill with my 2.2 tonne Quantum following, and accelerating past Pajeros, Prados, 'Trols and other 3 litre 4 cylinder bangers, I know who's grinning the most. 

Nah, we'll catch up and pass you when you're having to fill up your fuel tank, when we don't have to  ;D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:37:30 PM by rotare »

Offline SteveandViv

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Never get sick of being here
    • Our Travel Blog - Have a look....
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2012, 10:35:20 PM »
For gods sake, just go and get one already so this thread can finish - you know you want to  ;D Then we can all move on to a nice juicy electrical thread.
http://steveandviv.blogspot.com.au/

Offline TOPNDR

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2012, 11:42:59 PM »

Nah, we'll catch up and pass you when you're having to fill up your fuel tank, when we don't have to  ;D

Not too many standard Pajero's would get 800 km from a tank towing would they?   8) ;D

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2012, 11:47:18 PM »
Nope I would think about 600-650 max. But ofcourse the Pajero has the higher payload capability than the cruiser! Another thing they have to fix on the 205 series!
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline Sicilianmama

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2012, 08:23:27 AM »
For gods sake, just go and get one already so this thread can finish - you know you want to  ;D Then we can all move on to a nice juicy electrical thread.
Bahahaha
2007 Holden Rodeo with 2012 Jayco Swan Outback :)

Offline TOPNDR

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2012, 04:13:54 PM »
So S/Mama, have you gone Pajero, or succumbed to the charms of a Twin Turbo, V8 Diesel?

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2012, 04:51:16 PM »
The best l ever got was 58.9 kmlon the dash computer . L was rolling down the hill from Billman in SA towards Leigh Creek just had the motor running to work the air con & the brakes . On those figures l could have driven to Darwim then part way back on the tank . :cup:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Sicilianmama

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2012, 11:28:59 PM »
So S/Mama, have you gone Pajero, or succumbed to the charms of a Twin Turbo, V8 Diesel?

Still procrastinating...

Offline WogsRus

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2012, 11:41:49 PM »
having jut traded my paj in on a new Pootroll, the Paj are a great vehicle for towing, even the petrol ones. They are supper comfortable and very capable.

Saying that, i do like the new troll
HAD 2007 NS GLX Pajero, 3.8L grunt, ex Cop,

NOW 50th Anniversary Simpson Edition Poootrol wit some fruit

"Speed doesn't kill. It's the sudden stop at the end"
"Live everyday as if it was your last, and some day it will"

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2012, 06:34:25 AM »
Still procrastinating...
Just get it ,, you know you want it ,, think how good it will look in the driveway ,,at the supermarket ,, school pickup ,, in the bush . Look down the bonet over the bullbar then say " Bring me that horizion " & then do it  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline cruisindub

• Volksing Matilda. We Love Our Matilda.
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2012, 01:19:01 PM »
How long this thread going to go on for?
before you just say "just done it'?

Just do it.
You know you want one.
Why do people ask "What the hell were you thinking?"
Obviously I was thinking I was going to get away with it and not have to explain it....

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
To Pajero or not to Pajero...
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2012, 01:26:37 PM »
Amen
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline Sicilianmama

• Soft Floor Camper User
To Pajero or not to Pajero...
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2012, 02:44:23 PM »
Haha you got a few more weeks at least of procrastinating I think, we don't make decisions easily :/

Offline blueblade900

• Learning the Ropes
  • Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2012, 03:01:26 PM »
Please BigJules, end the madness. At the beginning it was slightly amusing but now it has just become EXTREMELY annoying. Come on guys, post something if it's relevant  but the back and forth banter and inside jokes just become stupid and annoying after a while. Us people new to the forum click on a link after good ideas and information and waste time finding useless drivel. I know of others new to the forum who are equally disheartened, less interested and less likely to log on and post. Come on adjudicators, exercise a little more discretion over the posts , PLEASE !  >:( ??? :-[ :'( >:D
Greed and fear of loss are the roots that lead to the tree of evil.

Offline TOPNDR

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »
Please BigJules, end the madness. At the beginning it was slightly amusing but now it has just become EXTREMELY annoying. Come on guys, post something if it's relevant  but the back and forth banter and inside jokes just become stupid and annoying after a while. Us people new to the forum click on a link after good ideas and information and waste time finding useless drivel. I know of others new to the forum who are equally disheartened, less interested and less likely to log on and post. Come on adjudicators, exercise a little more discretion over the posts , PLEASE !  >:( ??? :-[ :'( >:D

It's your choice to click on the link. If the thread is no longer to your liking, don't click.  If you want to censor others, you have to be prepared to be censored yourself! >:(

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2012, 08:30:46 PM »
It's your choice to click on the link. If the thread is no longer to your liking, don't click.  If you want to censor others, you have to be prepared to be censored yourself! >:(

x2.  A bit of banter here and there can be quite amusing and bring a smile to the reader - I know it often does for me!  This isn't wikipedia where it is all facts and no commentry.

Besides, the friendly banter has been quite informative in itself with information like the 200 series getting around 800 towing kms to the tank, and the Pajero having a higher payload.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:57:30 AM by JKohn »

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2012, 08:34:46 PM »
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline blueblade900

• Learning the Ropes
  • Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2012, 08:48:23 PM »
Last time I checked I thought opinions could be freely expressed by all. As previously stated by others I'm just expressing my right to an opinion. You don't have to agree with it or like it.  >:D
Greed and fear of loss are the roots that lead to the tree of evil.

Offline Sicilianmama

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2012, 09:00:59 PM »
Hi blueblade900 and welcome to myswag :)
Sorry my thread is annoying you, I am happy for you to give me $58 990 to purchase a shiny new Pajero and then the thread can end :cheers:

Ps to anyone in the higher power I'm happy for you to delete my thread as we really cannot decide what we are gonna do about this new car, I am loving the feedback and the advice and the knowledge I am getting about the Pajeros though, but I don't want my thread to be a pain in the ass :)

Offline cruisindub

• Volksing Matilda. We Love Our Matilda.
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2012, 09:37:27 PM »
Hi blueblade900 and welcome to myswag :)
Sorry my thread is annoying you, I am happy for you to give me $58 990 to purchase a shiny new Pajero and then the thread can end :cheers:

Ps to anyone in the higher power I'm happy for you to delete my thread as we really cannot decide what we are gonna do about this new car, I am loving the feedback and the advice and the knowledge I am getting about the Pajeros though, but I don't want my thread to be a pain in the ass :)

dont stress about it.
This is the 'general discussion' section. 'Talk about anything and eveyrthing in this section'.
Relax, youll make a decision in good time.
If it helps.
I bought a lawnmower in one day after some great myswag advice.
was a simple decision really.

you know you want the pajero, (I would have one) decision made. Simple really !!!
Why do people ask "What the hell were you thinking?"
Obviously I was thinking I was going to get away with it and not have to explain it....

Offline Topender

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2012, 12:40:02 AM »

If you don't like it go elsewhere! I find your post both rude and annoying. I'm also new here, but I wouldn't be caught dead whinging and bitching in someone else's thread. Show some respect and lighten up a bit! PLEASE ;D Oh and btw I'm looking at new vehicles myself and I think this thread is great.

Dave
Nissan X-trail TL dci & 2012 Jayco Outback Swan

Offline Jason B

• "Mark Goldie recovery team coordinator"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • 80 Series Turbo DX Cruiser, Kimberley Kamper 2013 SE
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2012, 09:31:20 AM »
However, when towing up a long hill with my 2.2 tonne Quantum following, and accelerating past Pajeros, Prados, 'Trols and other 3 litre 4 cylinder bangers, I know who's grinning the most.  :-*

Ah yes but its only a matter of time before your overloaded bling machine, sucks in some dirty fuel and then your up for 12k in repairs, or it gets wet across a (shallow) water crossing and leaves you stranded requiring a new alternator and or starter motor. They maybe the most expensive 4be out their but the 200 is hardly the best.

You should have saved yourself some money and bought a good truck. A 100 series 1FDT-E would still be going years after your bling machine has surrendered.

In addition to that the 200 would depreciate more $$$ than the total cost of a Pajero over 5 years.

If a Pajero ticks the boxes for your needs Sicilianmama than that's the way to go. I have only herd good thing about them. I have used some of the coppers ones (which have been thrashed) and they were much more comfortable with better power than the Nissan Patrols and 1HZ 100 series we were using in the field at the time. The waterways guys also used one to tow their 3t stabicraft over the snowy mountains and it did an admirable job.

Whilst the banter on here is funny you need to settle on the best machine within you budget. Even the supposed king of 4wds the 200 has some major flaws for towing, such as the front and rear max axle loads and the crap load carrying ability. With all the bling fitted they will be over their GVM and illegal unless they have had a GVM upgrade. But they are capable of towing heavy things. However if you really need to tow a heavy van etc you would go the F250 with the powerstroke in it and be done with it, you wouldn't mess around with a nancy little 200. ;D  >:D  :angel:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:32:19 AM by BigJules »

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2012, 11:35:11 AM »
Play nice please. We won't delete this topic, but as always please be respectful when replying to comments made by others.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails